Zero Punctuation: Mailbag Showdown

Kaos Incarnate

May 7, 2008
Killer7 said:
LMAO great to c Yahtzee slap around the the fan boys of SSBB, if they hate it fck off some where else!
It was a general message to every fanboy, but he used the fanboys of SSBB as an example.

NekoMimiMode

Mar 31, 2008
I wonder, have these flamers ever heard of the spell check? For Christ's sakes, if you are going to criticize someone in the written form, you can at least spell properly. And personally, I loved SSBB, but that doesn't make me like Yahtzee any less just because he did not like it. Anyone who can agree with me that Halo 3 is not God's gift to games will always be on my good side. Beside, he had some valid points. In closing, we all know you dissenters can't win, since you do not have an awesome show of your own. Also, he will win because he kind of looks like the guy who plays Doctor Who, and that is just awesome.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
Another very entertaining watch :)

I don't usually partake in these sorts of comments, but I did notice the huge amount of replies to the smash brawl review - and even though I didn't read the comments I guessed there would be some "backlash".

I can just see as all these fanboys laughing out loud at all the other games you reviewed but as soon as it's about a game they favor... "oh no! Can't have that!" (spot the dual standards at your own leisure)
Oh no! Someone has a different opinion about something! That isn't allowed to happen!

I've had games reviewed by Yahtzee which I enjoyed, which similarly had the Michael taken out of them. I still managed to laugh at the reviews - it's called having a sense of humor.

The good thing about the backlash from the fanboys is that it provides more material and makes all the rest of us laugh at another brilliant zeropunctuation. Thanks!

Keep up what you do Mr. Croshaw. Wednesdays wouldn't be the same without your videos.

Kaos Incarnate

May 7, 2008
s0denone said:
Kaos Incarnate said:
Same could be said for the Playstation and X-box side aswell, but then again most people are biased to certain consoles, that they don't admit it.
Care to name a few titles? Will be happy to agree/disagree with you. I might be a little biased, as I only own the xbox 360, but I still can't think of a game that is just a recycle of the same old bull.

With the exceptions of all sport games, but that goes for all consoles, and the PC.
Well considering the guy says three games in a series is "recycling" I would say

Halo
GTA
Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts

and many more for any console, i'm not saying these out of spite, I do own a 360 as well as a Wii, but people can be a little short sighted to a console they love.

Mallrat

May 7, 2008
Man I love how when someone disagrees with Yahtzee they are a 12 year old Nintendo fanboy.

I've been watching this since his short-lived Youtube days. Almost everytime I like, never agree with Yahtzee (expect for him calling Turok and CAD shit), and yet, I watch every week because he is funny and entertaining and I can appreaciate a guy that not only says his honest opinion but backs it up with (well, sometimes) reasonable arugement. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with him and get offensive on his behalf everytime someone states they don't see perfectly eye to eye.

There's an old saying, "The one who makes you laugh is always right." When people are really funny and charismatic, they have a way of making you agree with everything they say without you even realizing it. Hell, it's what charismatic people do.

And to the actual Nintendo fanboys (there's not that many in here, mostly just people getting accused of being a fanboy but there are some), WHAT THE BLOODY FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU. If you like the game, then why the hell does it matter if someone else does? I've played the Shit out of Brawl, still pay it all the time (my life right now is about someone balancing SSBB, GTA IV and TF2. And getting the occasional GH3 and or RB in.), and do you see me complaining about how a guy states his honest opinion on something? Why do you feel the need to either prove him wrong or try to change his opinion? Jesus christ, this isn't 12 Angry Men, this is the internet for fucks sake. You sure as hell can't change people's opinions with text alone, no matter how many CAPS or !!!!!!! you use.

s0denone

Apr 25, 2008
Kaos Incarnate said:
Well considering the guy says three games in a series is "recycling" I would say

Halo
GTA
Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts
Halo, agreed.

GTA, meh - In this case you should consider that basically they have created a new genre, and are thus only just staying inside this genre. Using the same engine for a few years is not 'recycling', and Rockstar know that basically they created GTA 3, and two expansions.(Vice city, and San Andreas, red.) Recycling would be if GTA 3 was the same as GTA 2, or GTA 4 was the same as GTA 3. It's not. Thus not recycling. Never wondered why they had created a lot of games, and still name the new one "4" ? Because they are basically expansions :)

Final Fantasy, I don't know. Admittedly I've only played FF 6, FF 7 and FF 8. You may be right, I can't really debate what I don't know.

Kingdom Hearts, never played it.

drumstickchris

May 7, 2008
Yahtzee you have made me make an acount.Love watching your game reviews,I agree with what you say 100%. I don't know why people have a problem when someone is saying there opinion,just because most the time it's right

NekoMimiMode

Mar 31, 2008
Kaos Incarnate said:
s0denone said:
Kaos Incarnate said:
Same could be said for the Playstation and X-box side aswell, but then again most people are biased to certain consoles, that they don't admit it.
Care to name a few titles? Will be happy to agree/disagree with you. I might be a little biased, as I only own the xbox 360, but I still can't think of a game that is just a recycle of the same old bull.

With the exceptions of all sport games, but that goes for all consoles, and the PC.

Halo
GTA
Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts

and many more for any console, i'm not saying these out of spite, I do own a 360 as well as a Wii, but people can be a little short sighted to a console they love.
... Really and truthfully, I don't care about sequels and recycling. If the games fun and cheap then what does it matter? Some of the best games are in this "recylced" catagory? Gonna start shooting down Call of Duty 4 because it is the fourth one?.... Go ahead and shoot down Halo. I hate Halo. *goes right to playing Okami and Mario Kart Wii*

Telferoo

Mar 31, 2008
lulz.
the N-fanboys just got served.
should serve them right for being the aborted fetus' of retarded cousins.

s0denone

Apr 25, 2008
NekoMimiMode said:
... Really and truthfully, I don't care about sequels and recycling. If the games fun and cheap then what does it matter? Some of the best games are in this "recylced" catagory? Gonna start shooting down Call of Duty 4 because it is the fourth one?.... Go ahead and shoot down Halo. I hate Halo. *goes right to playing Okami and Mario Kart Wii*
What annoys me isn't recycling either, but more the thought that they can make you have fun with a replica of their last game. They can, and they do. That's what annoys me. I still pay for the game, and play the hell out of it, that doesn't make it any less annoying though.

Kaos Incarnate

May 7, 2008
NekoMimiMode said:
I don't care about that either. It is just the fanboys saying all such and such do is using the same game title and characters to make that console popular, sure I agree with them, but fans need familiarity for any console. Otherwise there would be a small selection of games.

assassin18

Apr 28, 2008
Wow, just wow. Haven't seen a critic respond to complaints with such valid arguments. Thumbs up!