Zero Punctuation: Manhunt

Chimaera

Niche Game Fangirl
Oct 28, 2005
The phrase "No, and I consider your argument misinformed" has taken on all new life for me. :)

SaraPh

Sep 6, 2007
Break said:
brin5tar said:
Isn't it pronounced "ee-ko" not "EYE-ko"?
No. Well, probably not. No matter how I say it, I can't seem to make "ee-ko" not sound stupid. So I dub thee wrong. At least, I've never heard it pronounced that way before, and can't really see why you would.

Nice video, as usual, Yahtzee. The opening song combined with the subject matter made me laugh before you even started talking.
Well considering it was developed by Sony, and had a Japanese voice acting team, I'd assume you use the Japanese pronunciation in which i has an 'ee' sound. However since you don't live in Japan, I'd recommend saying it however you feel comfortable.

Jerakal

Aug 30, 2007
Oh dear god, another bit of genius. I absolutely love the little segments where you vocalize a ton of obscene language and then print a bunch of polite words on the screen. I don't know why.
Also Banning Games = ReGodDamnPissSwillingdiculous

RevolutionMan

Sep 17, 2007
LOVELY. I didn't like Manhunt, even when I was young and playing it. The controls were retarded, then the fighting was too far on the realistic side to be fun. If I wanted a realistic fight, blah blah blah. You guys know.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Clorf said:
Where did that comment about Thief come from? There were no "action heavy combat segments" in that game.
Are you kidding? The levels that dropped stealth and just threw tons of zombies and monsters in your face totally ruined it for me. I was very glad to see they dropped this policy in time for Thief 2.

MrFred

Sep 19, 2007
I think there was more anger in this one then usual...
Maybe Man Hunt is responsible...
XD

Clorf [deprecated]

Sep 19, 2007
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
Clorf said:
Where did that comment about Thief come from? There were no "action heavy combat segments" in that game.
Are you kidding? The levels that dropped stealth and just threw tons of zombies and monsters in your face totally ruined it for me. I was very glad to see they dropped this policy in time for Thief 2.
What do you mean "dropped stealth"? In order to get past all of those zombies and monsters, you simply... sneak past them, just like you would with any other enemy in the game.

Sep 20, 2007
Yahtzee, your reviews are more than phenomenal: they?re inspirational. But, it?s time show some range. While we all know you pretty much owe no allegiance except to the one who signs your paycheck, constantly reviewing nothing but first person games from the back end of whatever simulated pointy stick you?re programmed to carry has to be getting dull for all, most of all you.

I?m not saying you should stop being a lazy cock and run out and shitstomp games like Animal Crossing or Final Fantasy XXXVII tonight (although if you did, it would probably be legendary). Just maybe there?s more, different genres of games out there to write about than the issues associated with slaughtering whatever happens to wander into the reticule in the FPS?s you?ve grown accustomed to reviewing.

mranonymous

Sep 15, 2007
Is this really an argument you want to get into, Clorf? With anyone else, maybe, but you're barking up one vitriolic tree.

[Edit: confused bush/tree thanks to this classic exchange:

Homer J. Simpson: "Guess you could say he's barking up the wrong bush."
Homer's Brain: "There it is, Homer: the cleverest thing you'll ever say and nobody heard it."]

yanamal

Sep 19, 2007
Yep, great as usual!

Could we maybe get an RSS feed for just Zero Punctuation? Or, for that matter, separate RSS feeds for each section? because I really don't feel like signing up for an RSS feed for the entire site, because I'll end up missing most of the stuff I want anyway, so I'll just end up not getting any feed and forgetting everything in general...

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
yanamal said:
The internet is hard :(
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/rss/articles/editorials/zeropunctuation

Or you could stop by every Wednesday. Your choice. Empowerment is our middle name here at The Escapist.

Redfeather

Sep 18, 2007
bender127 said:
Quit picking on my games eff pee ess games and pick on some other ones :(
I hear there'll be a riveting commentary on Candyland [http://www.amazon.com/Candy-Land-Game-Jewel-Case/dp/B00004VXAI] soon.

Clorf [deprecated]

Sep 19, 2007
mobilesworking said:
Is this really an argument you want to get into, Clorf? With anyone else, maybe, but you're barking up one vitriolic bush. ;)
I appreciate your concern, but I have no choice in the matter. For you see, the internet is SERIOUS BUSINESS. Therefore, any time somebody says something bad about a game I like, it really is the end of the world. I'm afraid that Yahtzee must be burnt at the stake, to serve as an example to anyone who thinks they can have an opinion that differs from my own. It's the only logical action available.