Zero Punctuation: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

noncon

Sep 11, 2009
Review felt lacking, and I think it was, in part, due to the amount of time devoted to "This game is too easy..."

Maybe it's just me, but Yahtzee seems a bit schizophrenic when deciding what level of difficulty he likes. One moment he's bitching about how the level of difficult in games like Mega Man is obsolete because back then arcade machines were just trying to get quarters from kids or whatever, but then you get to this review where "This game is too easy because it wants to be a kids game. Back in my day we had really hard games for kids." Which is true enough, but when you've hated and condemned that very difficulty as being obsolete, bringing it up to make a point like this just doesn't make much sense. It just hurts my enjoyment of a review to watch him contradicting points he's made before.

Fun Fact: The reason Sonic is better than Tails is that Sonic can go Super Sonic, but Tails doesn't have any super powers when he gets all the Chaos Emeralds. At least, this was the case with Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

blindjaguar

Jan 5, 2009
Goddam Funny!! Not to detract from previous (which were all good) but this takes the cake! Funny from start to finish! Good on ya sir!!!

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
It's good to see that I'm not the only one who likes Luigi better than Mario.

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
In my opinion I like wario he actually has friends that are not dim witted twits that don't know the difference between a toaster and a cat.

on that note what exactly happened to waluigi

mobsterlobster

Sep 13, 2009
randommaster said:
I just watched this, but I have no audio. While I'm sure there is some context behind it, Yahtzee shooting that kid in the head was funny.

I wonder what else he's playing on the DS?
I love that having no audio didn't stop you from watching it anyway. I've never thought about watching Yahtzee's videos on mute but I really want to now.

lozfoe444

Aug 26, 2009
Weird. I heard that Luigi's Luigi Luigi is the best Luigi RPG in the Luigi series. Even better than Luigi And the Legend of the Seven Luigis.

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
I have Mario and Luigi Bowsers inside story, And have to say: Bang on as usual Yahtzee. I really would've appreciated more side quests than the Bitties thing.

General Thrax

Apr 15, 2009
Yeah, Luigi is definitly better then Mario. When I would play Super Mario Bros. 3 on the SNES I would start off by killing Mario and then proceed with the rest of the game using Luigi.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I also find the lack of people being banned for posting "First" a bit disturbing, perhaps it's a sign of waning popularity? Less people willing to mock-suicide on Yahtzee's weekly review? Perhaps The Escapist should take a moment to encourage the behavior with a new badge to draw people out....

Otherwise I would prefer Mario and Luigi stay away from too many real world political metaphors (all jokes likening Mario to Stalin aside). Never played a Mario RPG, but that bit does turn me off to the entire idea.

Also as far as the Mario Brothers being inside Bowser it doesn't surprise me. I mean there was the big question of "where do you go after space?". Well the whole "Fantastic Voyage"/"Inner Space" thing is a science fiction clique they hadn't exploited yet. I mean honestly, it's so old it's new. It's just that nobody has beaten a game franchise into the ground quite enough to try adapting stuff like this. Amazingly I'd imagine Team Sonic is beating themselves upside the head for not having thought of it instead of doing "Sonic Vs. The Black Knight".

Just imagine Sonic running through the urinary tract of a cat girl, trying to remove the little box infection with a portable laser...

Or rather lets not.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Love the review this week. I haven't got to buy the game yet, because I'm too busy doing nothing in particular.

I will though.

Kilgorn

Jul 1, 2009
finally iunderstand why i like luigi better than mario, i just needed someone to explain it

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
Silk_Sk said:
You got through one review without complaining about his overuse. Tits to you if you can get through the next four as well.
If he gets throught the next four then i will give him a freaking medal, the deed to my house, and a Bugatti Veron. Pretty much saying i really dought it.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Bowser's Inside Story......HAH! I get it! Though by now, who wouldn't want to play as Bowser or Luigi instead of that red-hatted twat. Good timing! One-eyed monster indeed....

Barky13

Apr 7, 2009
Another great review and I also prefer Luigi. He seems to be the most liked of the two brothers. It's a pity his own game sucked.

epsilon246

Sep 18, 2009
ForgottenPr0digy said:
what if your the middle child??

one older brother and one younger brother?

what type of illness would I have?
sibling-sandwich-itus (coincidently replace brother with sister and you have me).