Zero Punctuation: Mass Effect 2

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Tyrann said:
Great video!
Just wondering... if you posted your message at 2 minutes after the movie was posted and the movie is 4 minutes long then how would you know if it's a cool video or not?. Watch the movie then post... reported.

Other wise yeah good movie. Was I the only one who didn't hate the car sections on mass effect?.

urglen

Nov 23, 2009
Captain Pancake said:
Strangely unscathing review there.
Was thinking the same thing. Seemed like he had to dig around a little more then usual to find the "shit". Great review none the less.

dunnace

Oct 10, 2008
I really REALLY hope Bioware watched this and do your jetpack idea. That would be super-mega-fun and bring back all the awesome planet exploring without the the shitty non-tank.

pluizig

Jan 11, 2010
I was wondering why the forums suddenly became so slow. Anyway, ME2 is indeed a very good game because of the writing.

Story > Gameplay > Graphics

ultimasupersaiyan

Dec 9, 2008
I never really liked Mass Effect because of the extreme amount of dialogue and vehicle sections. This game sound like it's worse in some areas and better then others. Still I'll never bother with the series again and look forward to the 2013 review from Yahtzee of Mass Effect 3:We still can't get it right!

Rancid0ffspring

Aug 23, 2009
Would you look at that, Some fresh bannings & suspensions coming right up
"First hur hur hur"

OT: Was cool. I think we all knew he wasn't going to like the scanning sections & it's awesome he mentioned the chest high walls. Surprised he didnt talk about the amount of glitches

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
Bioware games have good writing now?

Well they sure hid that in all the games I've played by them.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Wow. The best game reviewed and liked by Yahtzee since... Portal?

Still, I disagree on one thing - easy combat. Try playing Inflitrator/Soldier with a sniper rifle on Hardcore/Insane, where everything is durable and you die faster.

Toasted Nuts

Feb 17, 2010
Funny Review,

I loved this game and the first, but he was right about the resource mining it is boring but to be honest i was never hot on the vehicle parts on the first game. So again yatzhee is correct about just the shooting mechanic being mostly on its own.

However i feel the gameplay was good in the game and although it had to "hold up" the game on its own as he put it i still think that it wasnt enough of a problem to let the game down as a whole.

Still one of the best games ive ever played.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Nicely done. Had a feeling that the resource management, combat and back-from-the-dead bits would all get their comeuppance as they have in every single review ever written ever for this game, but Yahtzee of course pulls it off with that curiously brilliant balance of keen observation and rampant profanity.

Also, "savior of the universe"? Wasn't there a review on these forums of the old Flash Gordon movie that included the song to which he's referring?

Naaah. I must be thinking of something else.
Yes, I think so too. Who would be so dumb as to review the old Flash Go-Ooooooh....

... I think my kettle is calling me... BYE!

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
I love the Dildo probe, Jet pack or something even using the shuttle to navigate the land would be worth it.