Zero Punctuation: MindJack

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
that's amazing. I never thought i would ever see a hideous looking square enix game! Shitty? Yes. Ugly, Never! It boggles the mind. The multiplayer actually sounds like a good concept that u can take over enemy ai in another player's single player campaign. Maybe in the future someone can put it into practice and make it work.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Deathfish15 said:
Mmmm, fudgy astronauts.

But seriously....who's idea is it to keep coming out with more and more, and more shit shooter games? NO MORE! Bring back more adventure games, more puzzlers, more better games!

And, did you ever discover where the name "Jack" came from?
Probably a play on "hijack".

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
You know I was almost about to impulse buy this game today however I decided not to as I may need to money later for buying hookers better things. I guess I made the right decision. That being said, I sort of had that idea in mind anyway. I watched Angry Joes review and read a few other reviews on the game and it looks like its been universally panned.

I don't usually buy my games completely based on others reviews but when I've seen the gameplay and read reviews that are most if not all negative and all pretty much rabbiting on about the same things... I kind of thing that I'd be better keeping my money.

rezaDN1992

Jan 27, 2010
I'm surprised he even played it so long. Listening to him it sounds like something I would stop playing after an hour if I got it for free. There were propebly no other releases.

Phrytar

Apr 6, 2010
With all the other great titles coming out this year, it won't be hard for me to skip this one.

emusega

Jan 17, 2011
Wow, he pretty much destroyed the game. Taking over the enemy seems like a cool concept to me, but not if the AI doesnt make you want to do it.
Oh and of course fucking funny as always ^^

vviki

Lord of Midnless DPS
Mar 17, 2009
Great review, Yahtzee! I haven't laughed that hard in a while. I'm guessing this game hit your sweet spot on exactly how bad it was, to make you write an awesome thing. I don't get how your opinion on weather games are good or bad eludes people, but then again "I'm shit, you're shit and if you're standing there thinking that's right, everyone's shit except me, then your a double mr. double shitfaced with fries. sorry this reflects poorly on me, I should have said mister or mises shitface."

samus17

Jun 5, 2010
Lovin it, as usual. But I do find it amusing that Yahtzee mentions both over-done, bored to death, done a thousand times, third person cover shooter gameplay AND knocks the innovative idea of multiplayer into single player. Some games just can't win with this guy.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
What was with the naked fat female cousin joke? I feel dense because I didn't get it. I went back to the beginning a few times, but I didn't see any setup or anything. Am I missing something?

etocadet

Jun 21, 2010
that's the difference between a reviewer and a critic and yahtzee is a critic it's his job to point out the bad parts. you don't yell at jeremy clarkson because you're not sure whether or not he likes the new lambo. NO you laugh at his metaphors.

i've never bought a game because of other peoples opinions, I did once and now i want to destroy treyarch.

Reverend Del

Feb 17, 2010
Mindjack as in carjack, Deathfish.

Also, thanks for the tip Yahtzee, will not even consider this one.

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
Yep. Mindjack is a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad game. I honestly feel sorry for those that bought it before a review. This game makes me want to play Psi-Ops: Mindgate Conspiracy on the PS2 again. At least that game was fun and you had more abilities than mind hacking.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
You know a game is bad when you can't tell if you're saying it right. Plus all the trailers screamed "The Bland Adventures of Captain Generic and his Mediocre Friends!"

I would also like to say I am not brain damaged. Just putting it out there.

Calumon: Why would they think that?

Diegolomac

Jan 28, 2009
Actually, you won't believe what you have to do to defeat bosses like the giant robot: you have to kill all the common enemies in the area (forget about the robot) and once you do it, the robot spontaneously explodes! WHAT! THE! HELL??!!!

By the way, I'm surprised he didn't mention that you can't pause the game.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
HankMan said:
Very clear indeed Yahtzee, not that I had high hopes for this game anyway. Actually I am a little disappointed they couldn't make good use of the core concept.
Indded. I love how he points out the reason why he nit-picks every single flaw in a game.
"It's like Chinese Parenting only less nightmarish" XD

Reminds me of this

<youtube=JSL--pu8ZAo&feature=related>

Red Pawn

Jun 3, 2009
I'd seen the Unskippable trailer review beforehand, so as soon as I saw the title I knew what I was in for.