Zero Punctuation: MindJack

FFMaster

May 13, 2009
AgentBJ09 said:
Thanks a ton Square, for making another badly done game. As if FF XIV wasn't a bad enough way to end 2010. Piece of advice: Stop making games for a while and focus your efforts on single projects. I think you need it at this point.

MindJack was NOT developed by Square, it was published by them. It was developed by feelplus (started out as a MS development team to aid mistwalker according to wikipedia, so take that with a pinch of salt), they have co-developed a few other games that peopel think have been made by square but actually have only been published by them :p

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Tell you the truth, the multi player that was described did kinda sound like fun, but then again I do like to grief other peoples stuff.

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Mindjack, huh? I guess it's possible that the developers watched "Gundamjack" one too many times.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
I would also like to say I am not brain damaged. Just putting it out there.

Calumon: Why would they think that?
Possibly because of Calumon, Calumon.

OT: Between this and the Big Picture, there's a lot of hilarious bad vibes making the rounds.

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
HankMan said:
Very clear indeed Yahtzee, not that I had high hopes for this game anyway. Actually I am a little disappointed they couldn't make good use of the core concept.
I was disappointed with what they decided to call the game. MindJack? That's terrible! Especially considering that it's called MindHack in the game.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
So my prediction of "Mind Wank" is pretty much accurate for this game.

(Jack-off being a euthism for wanking-off in Britain).

The suggestion of some etheral parasite using people as hosts while does sound interesting, it would of course fail in a video game if the UI is mentally challenged. The review does imply that the game developers wanted to create a new form of earthquake resistant skyscraper out of Dutch Edam Cheese, but lacked the technology and tools to make it work.

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
I had a feeling this game would've been pretty interesting, turns out I was wrong. I felt it could've been a sort of, 3D, cover shooter with Abe's Odysee elements. I dunno, too bad it's awful.

SABRENOSE

Dec 23, 2009
Wow this was the meanest Yahtzee review I have ever seen...he might be a little mad this week.

ILTE7

Nov 21, 2007
Onyx Oblivion said:
But Yahtzee shouldn't have made it sound like Square Enix is somehow developing this game, when they published it. Square Enix never develops an ugly game. A bad game, yes. But an ugly one? No way.
I totally agree - while I have no problem with Yahtzee laying into a game and tearing it a new one he has several times bashed square enix (which he's fine to do) for a game that they have not made. published - yes - actually had a hand in the desgin etc. no.

me thinks his bias agaisnt that company (steming from a hatred for jrpgs) gets the better of him...

...just sayin'

Kyle Gabriel

Feb 17, 2011
I haven't played any Square Enix's games since The Last Remnant since I want to leave that publisher in a good note...

Boy did i come to enjoy that decision...

Edit: I was gonna say FFX-2 but i quickly remembered TLR...

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
zelda2fanboy said:
What was with the naked fat female cousin joke? I feel dense because I didn't get it. I went back to the beginning a few times, but I didn't see any setup or anything. Am I missing something?
The imp is unable to make sense of YZ interpretations due to inbreeding.

(At least he didn't put an American ball cap on the him)

OT: I laughed the hardest at the short bus joke. Does that make me a bad person?

Rayansaki

May 5, 2009
Natdaprat said:
So... did he like it? I couldn't tell.
Yes he did like it. He said it wasn't quite as good as portal but was still probably his second favorite game ever made.

Angry Joe said this was the very worst game he ever reviewed. Wonder if Yahtzee considers this above or bellow Too Human

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
ILTE7 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
But Yahtzee shouldn't have made it sound like Square Enix is somehow developing this game, when they published it. Square Enix never develops an ugly game. A bad game, yes. But an ugly one? No way.
I totally agree - while I have no problem with Yahtzee laying into a game and tearing it a new one he has several times bashed square enix (which he's fine to do) for a game that they have not made. published - yes - actually had a hand in the desgin etc. no.

me thinks his bias agaisnt that company (steming from a hatred for jrpgs) gets the better of him...

...just sayin'
Oddly enough, Square Enix published his GOTY last year. Just Cause 2. I don't see him mistaking them for the developer in that case.

Matt Shi

Aug 21, 2010
Mindjack? I'm surprised Yahtzee hasn't reviewed Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom. Majain is a great game and seems like something Yahtzee would like.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
I want to see how terrible this is. When does it go on sale at gamestop for a handshake?

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
MindWHAT? Never heard of the bloody thing. Squeenix have a horrible habit of never advertising anything without the words Final and Fantasy in it's name.