Zero Punctuation: Minecraft

Waif

MM - It tastes like Candy Corn.
Mar 20, 2010
I am still unsure of whether or not I want to try Minecraft. It doesn't look very fun at all, and yet I play GMOD. It could be a graphics thing. Maybe, but I am interested in learning about this leveling up thing. How it works, and all that.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
The opening to this one was brilliant. Yahtzee definitely knows what we think when we watch these.

Valatix

Jan 9, 2009
My god thank you so much for reviewing this game! i litteraly spent HOURS building a gian Yahtzee efagy!

MercenaryCobra1

Dec 27, 2008
And thus we see Yahtzee contradict himself. As well-noted, he hates MMORPGs with a passion, and wants nothing to do with them for the most part. And yet, here he is, smack in the middle of basically a single-player version of an MMORPG. You have your endless gaming for only a little progress, monsters that greatly outclass the hero until late-game, the need to dig up countless quantities of item X to synthesize item Y and then build item Z...Irony or hypocrisy, I'll let you be the judge.

Don't get me wrong, though. I enjoy Yahtzee's videos and will continue to watch them. It just seemed a bit strange for him to be praising this after a few of his previous reviews.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
MercenaryCobra1 said:
And thus we see Yahtzee contradict himself. As well-noted, he hates MMORPGs with a passion, and wants nothing to do with them for the most part. And yet, here he is, smack in the middle of basically a single-player version of an MMORPG. You have your endless gaming for only a little progress, monsters that greatly outclass the hero until late-game, the need to dig up countless quantities of item X to synthesize item Y and then build item Z...Irony or hypocrisy, I'll let you be the judge.

Don't get me wrong, though. I enjoy Yahtzee's videos and will continue to watch them. It just seemed a bit strange for him to be praising this after a few of his previous reviews.
Because in MMOs you show off NUMBERZ. In Minecraft you show off engineering. Both are time consuming. The latter is significantly more creative. That's my opinnion.

Minecraft is as much as an MMO as milk is a lubricant.

Joe Cook

Apr 24, 2011
I have minecraft beta and enjoyed it highly, I even downloaded a mod pack to make my items look that little bit better. Then I got the inventory edit and ruined the whole point of minecraft, now rather than im running out of torches better find some coal it's hmm running out of torches: esc, save, open invedit, add torches, change number to 64, ctrl, drag to a few more spaces in the inventory, save to (insert file name), go back to minecraft and HEY I have lot's of torches. Wow this game sucks!, I should really do something more constructive with my life.

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
I assume he's talking about the version you pay for?

An internet thing keeps me from buying up the beta. I really kind of want to play this. Especially if they go floating buildings. Flying castle/doom fortress for the win.

grimangel53

Jan 11, 2011
personally, i like this review. I like most of Yahtzee's reviews. This game is very good, even for being just a beta, and i hope mojang can continue with it. It seems to be a great time-wasting concept at the very least. Skull Doom Fortress. 'nough said.

Sanovice

Dec 18, 2010
ThommyDude said:
i love how the 2 games that Yahtzee doesn't hate are games where CAKE is a very important thing to have! Minecraft and Portal!
he also loved Saints row 2 :p

Poisoned Al

Feb 16, 2008
Anyone else notice the mountain in Temple Ruin map in Tribes Ascend that has a lava weeping skull fortress on it?