Zero Punctuation: Murdered: Soul Suspect

kickassfrog

Jan 17, 2011
Didn't I see something related to this game on the Escapist before?
I appreciated the Dresden Files reference though.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Seems like a repeat of Dark Void but in a different genre, and gameplay is reversed with story in terms of what's good and what's not.

Well I might pick it up when the price goes down, I do love me some ghosting about activities. And I also need to play Dark Void through to the shitty ending.

Was that Condemned 2 box cover an alternative version or is the colour palette just swapped out?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Jon Pertwee, as doctor who, once used the phrase "Whale of a time" not as a pun. He was doing it to annoy an evil computer, though.

Does anyone else want to see a game where using Irish boy band charm is a mechanic? Ok, probably would be pretty bad, but bad in a new and inventive way.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
There wasn't anything particularly memorable about this review, but it was good for the usual 5 minutes these things run. I kind of liked the joke that involved the word nazgul in some way that I already forgot.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
I don't really have anything to say about Murdered: Soul Suspect but I had to come on and say YAHTZEE REFFERENCED THE DRESDEN FILES!

I just really love the Dresden Files and my love of yahtzee just went up 10 levels (and yes I know that makes no sense)

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
But, you're still our favorite hypocrite, Yahzee! :)

I still find Hidden Object games to be the best detective games...even if they sometimes require you to carry a red slipper you found in the first five minutes until the end of the game for you to "find" said slipper of critical use.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
thaluikhain said:
Jon Pertwee, as doctor who, once used the phrase "Whale of a time" not as a pun. He was doing it to annoy an evil computer, though.
Exactly, you had to go back over 40 years to think of one.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
What?s wrong with ghost trick?s title?

I didn?t even know this game existed until I saw this video, despite its flaws I might one day give it a shot, if only because I generally like murder mystery games.

Webb Myers

May 17, 2010
...so it's a Blackwell adventure game with more shiny. At least you get to play as the ghost. He's usually the more interesting character.

JSW

Oct 7, 2009
Yahtzee slagging on the new consoles is getting to be as tedious as when Moviebob would crowbar an attack on The Amazing Spider-Man into every video regardless of how ill-fitting it was. Especially since the 7th console generation was among the darkest times in the history of video games and we should all be celebrating the fact that it's finally over.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
I'm sorry, and correct me if I'm wrong, but all I'm getting out of this is one question: is Yahtzee married?

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
Nooners said:
I'm sorry, and correct me if I'm wrong, but all I'm getting out of this is one question: is Yahtzee married?

he's either married too Silent Hill 2 or Saint's Row 2... not sure about an actual women though, it's doesn't say he's married on his wiki page

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
A ghost of a guy in the hat and a redhead medium girl solve crimes? Sounds horribly similar to the Blackwell series of point-and-clicks.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Nothing wrong with a hat and vest combo. As long as you don't go the hipster route of adding torn pants or some other bollocks.

OT: I never really was interested in this game. Thank you Yahtzee, for reminding me that I can continue not remembering that it exists.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Webb Myers said:
...so it's a Blackwell adventure game with more shiny. At least you get to play as the ghost. He's usually the more interesting character.
I'm willing to bet Ronan is Captain Boring himself compared to Joey (because male characters in AAA games usually are boring motherfuckers).

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
I'm surprised he didn't drew any lines with Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective for the DS. Unless I missed something. Great episode nonentheless.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Second week in a row where the last bit nearly killed me. I think Yahtzee wants me to die.

Gizmo1990 said:
I don't really have anything to say about Murdered: Soul Suspect but I had to come on and say YAHTZEE REFFERENCED THE DRESDEN FILES!

I just really love the Dresden Files and my love of yahtzee just went up 10 levels (and yes I know that makes no sense)
Yeah, it wasn't even a particularly big point, and yet....

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
RealRT said:
Webb Myers said:
I'm willing to bet Ronan is Captain Boring himself compared to Joey (because male characters in AAA games usually are boring motherfuckers).
Well, he's not as witty as Joey, that's for sure, but IMO Ronan is pretty likeable as a character.

I pretty much agree with this review. Killing ghosts is annoying, especially when they spawn in the same area AGAIN, after when you go back there after a plot event. The whole deduction thing is fine, but could use a little more oomph, and story is pretty good. And since this game is whole about the story, it's definitely worth checking out, but not for 60$ tbh. I suggest waiting for the discount (actually it's on the Steam Sale right now if I recall correctly).

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Clowns man! CLOWNS!
That may be the scariest thing he's ever done.

In all seriousness, I'm finding it hard to keep up with these games. I've never heard of Murdered:SS. I'm feeling somewhat left out without an Xbone of PS4