Zero Punctuation: NeverDead

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
This game sounded good, albeit weird, until YZ said that the melee combat was controlled by the thumb stick. Probably one of the worst ideas ever. You guys remember Too Human? It was suppose to be a trilogy. You know what killed it? Amongst other things, the thumbstick melee combat.

mlooshka

Nov 19, 2009
This disappoints me so much - when I saw ND on the release schedule I thought "wow, an original and innovative combat mechanic. Maybe it will be a combat-centric game that's actually fun to play". Given that I possess a working brain, I decided to wait until the reviews started coming out, and the general consensus is that the game is an absolute waste of a good idea.

Listen developers, I WANT to give you money for games that aren't just retreads of tired ideas that I've seen a million times, I really do. Why do you hate my money?

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
I liked the premise and humor of the game the trailers showed, however after clearing like 10-20 rooms full of monsterspawaners and losing limbs or the head every few seconds i gave it up.

There is a difference between a challenge and being annoying for the sake of being annoying.

Angel Molina

Mar 23, 2011
ewhac said:
Angel Molina said:
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
...or if that's too tall of an order, maybe you could nail a papadum to a gazelle.
What's a popedom???
Papadum [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papadum].

Gazelle [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gazelle].
I kept spelling it as popedom and ghazel... And now i have learned the errors of my way. -_-
Thank you! =D

matsugawa

Mar 18, 2009
Someone please tell me I'm not the only one who thought of the Immortal Soldier from The Storyteller when Yahtzee mentioned his time travel plan:

"If it's a sack, then, by the grace of God, GET IN IT!"

T3hSource

Mar 5, 2012
Sonicron said:
In the space of the last two weeks I've beaten Binary Domain, Syndicate and Asura's Wrath, all of them brand new releases. There's plenty of current AAA stuff for Croshaw to sink his teeth into.
I guess I meant mass marketed ones.As for your examples I guess only Asura's Wrath has a chance to be ripped apart by Yahtzee,because it's not something generically good,or just plain mediocre.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
T3hSource said:
Sonicron said:
In the space of the last two weeks I've beaten Binary Domain, Syndicate and Asura's Wrath, all of them brand new releases. There's plenty of current AAA stuff for Croshaw to sink his teeth into.
I guess I meant mass marketed ones.As for your examples I guess only Asura's Wrath has a chance to be ripped apart by Yahtzee,because it's not something generically good,or just plain mediocre.
He reviewed game franchises like Gears of War, Killzone, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Uncharted etc... I'd say both 'generically good' and 'plain mediocre' are well within his sights.
EDIT: As for the mass marketing argument, he's already reviewed quite a few indie games and a lot of obscure big-budget titles, so I guess that theory is debunked as well.

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
Soggy Toast said:
I don't get that last joke at all. Can someone explain it to me?
Sure, the joke was that nailing a papadum to a speeding gazelle is as hard of an act as fixing NeverDead. A papadum is an Indian food that is a big, crunchy, thin cracker which would break if you try to drive a nail through it. Nailing a papadum to anything is very difficult but it would be nigh impossible to nail it to a speeding gazelle.

So the joke is that NeverDead is almost impossible to fix just as it is almost impossible to nail a papadum to a speeding gazelle.

T3hSource

Mar 5, 2012
Sonicron said:
He reviewed game franchises like Gears of War, Killzone, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Uncharted etc... I'd say both 'generically good' and 'plain mediocre' are well within his sights.
EDIT: As for the mass marketing argument, he's already reviewed quite a few indie games and a lot of obscure big-budget titles, so I guess that theory is debunked as well.
The franchises you mentioned can't be ignored because they're shoved right into his face and the only way Yahtzee can make the fanboys shut up is just doing the video and get over it.
As for marketed and indie games I guess it comes from my perspective seeing 5 indie games released every day and spotting the gem of the day.

spider8604

Jun 1, 2009
I think I'll rent it, just to see how bad it is, lol. Like watching bad horror movies, cracks me up.

spider8604

Jun 1, 2009
I think I'll rent it, just to see how bad it is, lol. Like watching bad horror movies, cracks me up.

gruggins

Apr 24, 2011
does anyone else have now have a strange urge to nail a popadoum to a gazzele?
anyone?

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
I think I'll buy it when I can get it at bagain price, which I suspect won't take long. Until then, I think I'll pass.

AusGamer44

Mar 24, 2011
Ok,this is totally unrelated to anything anyone's saying here,but I don't care.I've been playing 'Stacking' on the PC(Double Fine production finally on Steam) and I'd really like to see the ol'Yahtzmeister review it.I've been enjoying it,so I'm curious as to his opinion,seeing as he liked Psychonauts so much.Purty please,Yahtzee?
That is all.

Ceratops

Jan 25, 2012
Wasn't too interested before watching the review; definitely not interested in it now. Although I have a strong affinity for JRPG's so perhaps I just don't want to step out of my comfort zone.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Ceratops said:
Wasn't too interested before watching the review; definitely not interested in it now. Although I have a strong affinity for JRPG's so perhaps I just don't want to step out of my comfort zone.
Nah, it isn't just that. Even easy grader "Game Informer" gave this game a 4/10. Supposed to really stink on ice.

JRPGs used to be my favorite. I finding a lot of what I loved in them, the ability to have my character(s) grow is present in a lot of great games nowadays: Batman Arkham City, Infamous, Saints Row 3. Branching out is good.

Ceratops

Jan 25, 2012
Nah, it isn't just that. Even easy grader "Game Informer" gave this game a 4/10. Supposed to really stink on ice.

JRPGs used to be my favorite. I finding a lot of what I loved in them, the ability to have my character(s) grow is present in a lot of great games nowadays: Batman Arkham City, Infamous, Saints Row 3. Branching out is good.
I have been considering Saints Row, maybe I'll give something new a shot. thanks for the suggestion!