Zero Punctuation: Ninja Gaiden 3

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Aiddon said:
There is no such thing as Team Ninja anymore, it's only comprised of a bunch of drek lacking direction. Guess people ought to be sending Sakamoto apology letters and a box of chocolates for their criticisms of Other M
Nope. Team Ninja DESERVED to be absolved after Other M. Such is the way of capitalism.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
cymonsgames said:
Qitz said:
... publishers seem to think gamers don't want hard games.
Publishers have sales numbers proving that gamers don't want hard games. Complain about it all you want about it (I know I will) but you and I are in the minority.

I don't understand what Yatzee's point is there at the end. "It's like a Final Fantasy game being too good." What's that mean? Is he saying that if a FF game was good he'd complain about it? I'm confused.
He's saying that Final Fantasy games being good would be a major betrayal of the series standard and values. It's an impossibility. Hence the "sky caving in on us" comment.

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
I guess it's more playthroughs (and missions) of NG Sigma 1 and 2 instead of getting 3 then.

Elberik

Apr 26, 2011
at 3:37, you appear to have something resembling a goatee... Purposefully or accident?

Turbo_ski

Dec 23, 2009
MatsVS said:
"What was one of the last bastions of actual challenge..."

But! Wait! What!? Nooo...

That's Demon's- and Dark Souls and Yathzee raged against that shit for being "too hard" and "unfair" and other such assorted nonsensical bullshit.
This was my first thought when he said that.

Sabrestar

Apr 13, 2010
So Ninja Gaiden 3 has a bizarre plot about bio-monsters? And it's demonstrably worse than the previous two?

Sounds just like the last Ninja Gaiden 3. Wow, it's the 90s all over again.

MatsVS

Tea & Grief
Nov 9, 2009
Aiddon said:
Note the "actual" next to challenge. Dark Souls, while very good, had a really bad habit of finding the right amount of challenge...and then arbitrarily sticking three or four extra things in that shoved it the realm of "cheap." The Four Kings, some sections of Anor Londo, Blight Town, Sen's Fortress, and the Capra Demon were particularly bad in that regard
I, and so many others, found that by simply reconsidering our approach and using everything the game had given us so far, those challenges also became quite surpassable. But while I honestly think that every internet thread ever becomes better by being about Dark Souls, I really only wanted to point out this inconsistency, not hijack the discussion.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
"The Prime Minister has been kidnapped by Nindgers. Are you a righteous enough chap to rescue the Prime Minister?"

Seen a gameplay video, didn't seem interesting. Passed like a boss.

Squidbulb

Jul 22, 2011
Wait, where the hell did this game come from? I hadn't heard of it until about five minutes ago. I guess you could say it snuck in like a ninja!
I'll let myself out.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
The game is too easy ? Oh how the mighty have fallen. Ninja gaiden was known for it's difficulty and the casuals have gotten their slimey hands all over it . Tis a sad day for gaming indeed .

R.I.P Ninja gaiden.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Climbing up walls using the shoulder buttons? Hmmm, reminds me of that one part in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Want a challenge Yahtzee? I got a little something something for ya called Dark Souls, you might have heard of it's successor, demon's so...oh right.

Mangue Surfer

May 29, 2010
Aiddon said:
MatsVS said:
"What was one of the last bastions of actual challenge..."

But! Wait! What!? Nooo...

That's Demon's- and Dark Souls and Yathzee raged against that shit for being "too hard" and "unfair" and other such assorted nonsensical bullshit.
Note the "actual" next to challenge. Dark Souls, while very good, had a really bad habit of finding the right amount of challenge...and then arbitrarily sticking three or four extra things in that shoved it the realm of "cheap." The Four Kings, some sections of Anor Londo, Blight Town, Sen's Fortress, and the Capra Demon were particularly bad in that regard
Not really. Actually both are in the same niche. In DS they purposely lower the frame rate to make certain parts more difficult as in NG the camera was programmed to be incredibly esquizofrenic from time to time.