Zero Punctuation: Nintendo 3DS

CyricZ

Sep 19, 2009
I got it simply for the point of getting the "getting of it" over with. I knew I'd be getting it sooner or later and price drops likely won't happen for at least a year, and I didn't feel like risking the chance of it being the next sliced bread and being impossible to find. Obviously that didn't happen, but whatever.

Shameless

Jun 28, 2010
Assassin Xaero said:
Every time they have a success it is followed by a failure? Which was the last failure? I didn't think the Gamecube did that bad, especially with Metroid Prime.
It was the least selling Nintendo console, which is probably the reason that made Nintendo change it's direction towards casual players.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Jamaicob5 said:
Damn you, we want Portal 2!
I was actually hoping more for Mortal Kombat. He'll probably like Portal 2 despite it's being a sequel. And there's nothing less fun than watching a Yahtzee video where everything is peachy.

I was hoping he'd hit MK and then make fun of everything having a letter K instead of a letter C. Ah well, maybe in 2 weeks. :)

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Dammit, Yatzee! Not only do you hold off on Portal 2 (not a surprise, really, with your 2-week schedule), but you tease us by mentioning ARGs, "The Cake is a Lie", and the moon!

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Surprised he didn't make comments to the effect of 'literal head-fuck'.

Less than an hour on 3DS = splitting headache... not impressed.

Oh yeah, and, holy shit, that flying game was Aus$60?!

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
Maybe as with most Nintendo products, the second version will be the one actually worth buying. I have little use for handhelds in general though since I see no real reason to play a device with a screen that small when I have 3 modern consoles attached to a 50" Plasma, and because on long trips I'm always the one doing the driving unless I've become blindingly inebriated.

ColdBlooded

Feb 8, 2011
I actually think he could be quite funny even praising a game like protal 2. Then again, I'm hopelessly optimistic.

roostuf

Dec 29, 2009
Oh come on! why cant i go on the big chair, you're not going to gloat enough for it.

Mxrz

Jul 12, 2010
The best thing about the DS was the cheaper development costs, I wonder if that'll be true for the 3DS. - Beyond that, 3D just doesn't work for some people, and even gives some headaches. I hate the idea of having to pay extra/more for a game because of a gimmick that doesn't work for me.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Hardcore_gamer said:
I guess YC won't be reviewing Homefront considering that its now been weeks since it was released, but perhaps that was to be expected seeing as Homefront is basically just a 6 hour long CoD clone.
He might just be waiting until there's a spot where not much else has come out, Fable 3 took a couple of months for a ZP review to appear.

FiveSpeedf150

Sep 30, 2009
They should really just give up and re-release the N64, and the entire library of N64 games, with modern graphics. Maaaaybe improve the AI a bit, but I doubt they could do that without being tempted to meddle with the shit that made the games fun in the first place.

I'd buy it, which is more than I can say for any other nintendo product.

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
Good review! BTW I think this is your first official console review unless you count the retrospective from 2007.

Also, yeah I don't think I'm going to get a 3DS either (this video didn't influence me, but it did touch on points that make the system not worth it for me). For one thing, it says something about how useful the main feature actually is when the company says that it wont be a necessary feature to play games. Which begs the question: whats the point for paying extra money for a feature that has no bearing on gameplay? And yeah, while I would say any console has a bad launch line-up, at least other consoles had some (not all) of the things people were interested in come out close to about 2-3 months after launch, not 8 months to a year (also, does anyone else notice that the most anticipated games for the system are remakes?)