Zero Punctuation: Nintendo 3DS

Nov 12, 2010
Ddgafd said:
Why the hell are people complaining about the 3D? Not only can you turn it off, you can adjust it so it won't cause headaches nearly as often.

Oh wait, I forgot. This is The Escapist. Ignore my previous statement because it actually makes sense, and sense has no place here.
I was actually hinting at the 3D in the movie theaters in the first half of my post. You can't turn it off there, obviously. And if 3D one day dominates the theaters, it won't be pleasant for the folks suffering from migraines. That problem isn't as uncommon as you think. Besides, you usually go see a movie in a group, what if the only one suffering from migraines is you? Then either you have to suffer, or others that want to watch a 3D version will have to settle for 2D. That creates quite a dilemma, and it will ultimately alienate people suffering from 3D migraines. Here you go, sense on the Escapist is not against the law.

And what's with all the adjust part? "Nearly as often"? Something that's supposed to be fun (a game for example) isn't supposed to cause migraines, period. Does a migraine seem like much fun to you?

Soak

Sep 21, 2010
- Beware, this might be a statement of the obvious -
Most of your reviews are fun because you point out those little (sometimes a bit bigger) awkward mistakes made in a sarcastic way. In this case it's somehow very sad, because those are the huge horrible mistakes defining the 3DS.
I'm fascinated by the technology and the possibilities... maybe... someday... but the state of the art is "meh"

Mister Linton

Mar 11, 2011
Ddgafd said:
Why the hell are people complaining about the 3D? Not only can you turn it off, you can adjust it so it won't cause headaches nearly as often.

Oh wait, I forgot. This is The Escapist. Ignore my previous statement because it actually makes sense, and sense has no place here.
Main selling point of product can be turned off. Why complain? It's brilliant! Kinda like all the best wii games pretty much ignore the motion controls.

Make a gimmick, then have to work around it. Why haven't Microsoft and Sony tried thi-- oh wait...

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
siNwrath said:
DanDeFool said:
And this whole 3DS thing is triple-y lame because now Mega Man Legends 3 is going to be cancelled (probably) due to the fact that nobody wants to buy this gimmicky piece of crap.

For my part, Nintendo has been sliding steadily downhill ever since they decided to release the N64 with a cartridge slot instead of a CD-ROM drive.
People are buying it...
Yes. Yes they are.

Apparently, I'm in denial, as I usually am every time a new game system comes out and people line up for hours to be the first ones to buy it, in spite of the fact that it makes no goddamn sense to do so, especially with as pathetic a launch lineup as the 3DS has.

But then again, objective reality does not have to make sense to me.

I suppose it would have been more accurate to say, "Mega Man Legends 3 is going to be cancelled because its continuation hinges on the success of a marketing ploy to push a feature that not many people will use on a system that there is virtually no good reason to own at this point, both because it is a gimmicky piece of crap, and because it barely has any games available for it, let alone any good ones."

Is that better?

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Everytime i click on the video, just the advertisement shows up. Maybe i am just an idiot but can somebody help me?

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Absolutely hilarious, especially the part with you waking past the kids and leaving deposits in their trousers.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Ddgafd said:

because we still need to PAY FOR IT. and paying for things that dont work is stupid.

WildSeraph

Jan 5, 2011
It seems like the ONLY thing he cared about was the 3D and StreetPass. There are many upcoming titles that aren't tech demos or ports, so give it a chance.

Also, is it just me, or was the horrendous opening and closing music especially loud and obnoxious this week?

coolkirb

Jan 28, 2011
Im not to worried the DS dident have that strong of a line up and I think Nintendo just wanted to give 3rd party developers a shot because whats the point of makeing a game for launch if everyone just buys the Zelda game

Tomster595

Aug 1, 2009
Great episode. I really enjoyed the part about him getting exited over all the school children haha.

Also, I think people really exaggerate the fact that the 3DS need to be held at a specific angle. I've played one, and the angle isn't THAT specific. You can tilt it a bit without the image getting messed up. Overall my opinion of the 3DS is that it's great hardware, but it fails in the software department right now. Hopefully it will end up like the PS3. Not too many games to start with, but over time gathers a totally awesome library.

Mr. Sparzy

Aug 28, 2010
I see that nobody saw that "Portal 2 will be next week, alright" in the credits of the video. Also, I wasn't surprised when he didn't do Portal 2 because he has said in his blog that he finishes all of his reviews a week in advance. This means we have to wait a week or two before he reviews any recent video games.

EBHughsThe1st

Nov 18, 2009
I figured he would start talking about Nintendo in a negative fashion.

It's like he's got a big list of re-wordings of a nintendo quip and he wants to shoe-horn it in every time the logo appears on the box.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
I've said this before, but not having used my DS for over a year and not having had at any point an interest in upgrading to a DS Lite, DSi or DSiXL, I can't imagine why I'd want a 3DS. I already hate the idea of stereoscopic 3D in gaming. If a bought a 3DS I'd disable the 3D all the friggin time. That would leave me with another $300 paperweight.

PASS.

Nov 12, 2010
Aristotle Reed said:
I see that nobody saw that "Portal 2 will be next week, alright" in the credits of the video. Also, I wasn't surprised when he didn't do Portal 2 because he has said in his blog that he finishes all of his reviews a week in advance. This means we have to wait a week or two before he reviews any recent video games.
He probably needs to play it a 100th time before he makes a video. You know how much of a Portal fanboy he really is. Either that or "Portal 2" really broke his heart, since he was very skeptical about a Portal sequel in his original Portal review.

Rathands

Oct 4, 2010
Did anyone else see the dancing imp at the end? That was awesome!

I might get one of these if they can fix the headache issue... and release some decent original titles for it.

RottingAwesome

Aug 15, 2009
one of the funniest ZP in quite a while, well done
I literally spit at my screen from laughter at the "cock face" bit