Zero Punctuation: Nintendo Switch & Breath of the Wild

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
LordTerminal said:
kenu12345 said:
I spotted the fanboy everyone.
For having a legitimate point? And you people wonder why I'm so anal when this is what I get for bringing up a very obvious fault with that frame of logic.
No cause you are jumping on a relatively harmless statement bout there not being much worth for the switch to justify not getting Breath of the Wild on the Wii U while yelling that people shouldn't care that the switch lacks games now cause they will eventually release more later and bringing up fallacies that don't matter now since yes the wii u has a bigger library now. How it was back then doesn't matter cause the library is better right now than the switch

kenu12345

Aug 3, 2011
LordTerminal said:
kenu12345 said:
LordTerminal said:
kenu12345 said:
I spotted the fanboy everyone.
For having a legitimate point? And you people wonder why I'm so anal when this is what I get for bringing up a very obvious fault with that frame of logic.
No cause you are jumping on a relatively harmless statement bout there not being much worth for the switch to justify not getting Breath of the Wild on the Wii U while yelling that people shouldn't care that the switch lacks games now cause they will eventually release more later and bringing up fallacies that don't matter now since yes the wii u has a bigger library now. How it was back then doesn't matter cause the library is better right now than the switch
They aren't fallacies. "Now" has a shelf life. It will cease to matter before you know it so it's wiser to be patient.
Yes, but that does not justify getting a system with noticeable issues currently that currently has a very lack luster library just for one game when you could get the same game on the wii u

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
Finally a Zelda review that's not a total circle-jerk, love it when Yahtzee tells like it is with Nintendo and isn't afraid to criticize them for their stupid decisions(which they've made a lot with the Switch).

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
Samael Barghest said:
I think Yahtzee is the first critic to say buy it on the Wii U. Everyone is saying to buy it on the Switch.
I question anyone who would be willing to pay 300 dollars just for one game when the Wii U version is much cheaper.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
LordTerminal said:
Saltyk said:
Samael Barghest said:
I think Yahtzee is the first critic to say buy it on the Wii U. Everyone is saying to buy it on the Switch.
To be fair, he's not saying it plays better on the Wii U. Only that the Wii U has other games to play. One could argue that makes it the smarter purchase overall.
One could also argue that the Switch actually has more games coming soon and that people should stop being so damn impatient. It's not like the WiiU which had us wait an entire year for more stuff after it's launch or the 3DS which made us wait until October for Mario. Honestly you people these days keep demanding Nintendo consoles have launches that cure cancer but you'll buy into mediocre launches like PS4's And XBone's.

Also Yahtzee, why are you stating nobody asked for the Switch's portability? Didn't you say most people DON'T know what they want until it's presented to them?
it really does not have much in the way of games coming soon, the Switch's release schedule looks really dry aside from Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey, both of which are several months away, so I don't expect the console to continue flying off the shelves for the rest of the year.

He was right, nobody was really asking for it, people wanted another like the Gamecube.

Jeez you are such a ridiculous fanboy. Do you write angry emails to Yahtzee like those fools did for his Mailbag Showdown video?

PS4 and Xbox One's launches were FAR better then the Switch's, at least they had actual exclusives that were not available on last-gen consoles.

Switch has a lot of problems, you cannot deny that.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
erttheking said:
Well fuck, even Yahtzee likes Breath of the Wild. When Yahtzee likes a Zelda game, it's doing something good, he only tends to be impressed by the really effing good ones (Majora's Mask and Wind Waker.) I'm so getting a Switch when the library fattens up and my tax returns come in.

Also, getting a member of each of the four races to come and hold Ganon down? Isn't that basically the Four Giants from Majora's Maskall over again?
He likes it, but he's not completely orgasming over it like all the other critics are, he's refreshingly honest about admitting that it does indeed have problems and is not a perfect game by any stretch, Jim Sterling is doing the same, admitting that he likes the game but is really frustrated with several of it's design choices(that whole "not being able to climb while it's raining" bullshit is not something I want to deal with).

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
marioandsonic said:
I'm surprised this review is up so quickly, considering the Switch and BOTW both came out last Friday.

I got the Wii U version, because I've made it a point to never buy any console on launch, and only buy one after some good games come out for it and they've worked out the inevitable hardware issues. Hell, I didn't get my Wii U until 2014, mainly thanks to the promise of a new Smash Bros, and I'm quite happy with the console and the games I bought for it.

Anyway, I'm guessing either Nier or Horizon Zero Dawn is next week.
Halo Wars 2 is also a possibility given that he reviewed the first one.

TheScorpion

Feb 24, 2016
Wow, I'm shocked Yahtzee wasn't as negative about this as I thought considering its a Nintendo game.

Though Yahtzee was recommending the WiiU version, I'm still debating on whether or not to get this now on the WiiU(despite it's declining FPS and my lack of attention towards it despite having a big backlog for it) or wait until like my birthday to get this on the Switch alongside this and maybe Super Mario Oddysey. Just hope the Switch won't crash and burn by that time of November though.

EDIT: Funny thing is that I was expecting Yahtzee to target Horizon Zero Dawn first but I guess that one might be next week. I'm mainly curious if that games supposed feminism controversy is meant to cover up that the game isn't very good or not.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
darkrage6 said:
erttheking said:
Well fuck, even Yahtzee likes Breath of the Wild. When Yahtzee likes a Zelda game, it's doing something good, he only tends to be impressed by the really effing good ones (Majora's Mask and Wind Waker.) I'm so getting a Switch when the library fattens up and my tax returns come in.

Also, getting a member of each of the four races to come and hold Ganon down? Isn't that basically the Four Giants from Majora's Maskall over again?
He likes it, but he's not completely orgasming over it like all the other critics are, he's refreshingly honest about admitting that it does indeed have problems and is not a perfect game by any stretch, Jim Sterling is doing the same, admitting that he likes the game but is really frustrated with several of it's design choices(that whole "not being able to climb while it's raining" bullshit is not something I want to deal with).
Well yeah, I know. I never said that he praised it to high heavens or said that it was perfect, I just said that he liked it.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Honestly, I give the Switch 6 months before everyone gets utterly bored with the shiny new toy, realizes it is just another load of shit dumped out of the ass of an archaic backwoods hermit who seemingly despises its customers with the fervor only matched by its hatred of emulators (despite them selling downloaded ROMs on their storefront, no I'm not joking: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-18-did-nintendo-download-a-mario-rom-and-sell-it-back-to-us ). After about 6 months the hype will die and everyone will go back to their PS4/XB3/PC Master Race and only ocassionally fire up the Switch when they want to play Mario 64/DS Again, Zelda OoT Returns, Metroid Another One, or Smash Bros Some More while the rest of the Switch library gets clogged to fucking hell with shovelware (most of which will be little more than empty "tech demos" of the gimmick controls released several years after the console).

The Wii was the same, the Wii U was the same, and the Switch will be the same. An outdated brick that doesn't actually seem anymore powerful than the PSVita.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
LordTerminal said:
darkrage6 said:
It really does not have much in the way of games coming soon, the Switch's release schedule looks really dry aside from Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey, both of which are several months away, so I don't expect the console to continue flying off the shelves for the rest of the year.

He was right, nobody was really asking for it, people wanted another like the Gamecube.

Jeez you are such a ridiculous fanboy. Do you write angry emails to Yahtzee like those fools did for his Mailbag Showdown video?

PS4 and Xbox One's launches were FAR better then the Switch's, at least they had actual exclusives that were not available on last-gen consoles.

No but I can't deny that the PS4 and Xbone had problems either like you are.

I'm sorry but you weren't asking for Nintendo or anyone for that matter to bring back local multiplayer instead of everything being online multiplayer only? You people are nuts.

And no they really aren't. Quantity wise maybe but practically everything exclusive to those consoles was forgettable garbage (Knack, Ryse, etc.) You had to wait until early '13 for the first decent exclusives to come out and everything else was either ports or 3rd party stuff that was already long on STEAM which was the better deal.

And why would you want Nintendo to make another GameCube? I understand it was an awesome system but guess what? IT DIDN'T SELL! You see how backwards your logic is?
Um did I ever say they didn't have problems? NOOOOOOOOOO, you just assumed I did.

You are nuts, I was never asking for Nintendo to do any such thing. PS4 and XB1 had plenty of good exclusive titles, their launch line-up was far better then Nintendo.

Gamecube did sell well actually, it certainly was not a failure like the Wii U, it just wasn't as big as the PS2 was that gen.

Not everyone plays games on PC, don't assume that they do.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
TheScorpion said:
Wow, I'm shocked Yahtzee wasn't as negative about this as I thought considering its a Nintendo game.

Though Yahtzee was recommending the WiiU version, I'm still debating on whether or not to get this now on the WiiU(despite it's declining FPS and my lack of attention towards it despite having a big backlog for it) or wait until like my birthday to get this on the Switch alongside this and maybe Super Mario Oddysey. Just hope the Switch won't crash and burn by that time of November though.

EDIT: Funny thing is that I was expecting Yahtzee to target Horizon Zero Dawn first but I guess that one might be next week. I'm mainly curious if that games supposed feminism controversy is meant to cover up that the game isn't very good or not.
It's a total non-troversy and it's not meant to "cover up" anything, such a claim is completely asinine considering that the game received very positive reviews.

kenu12345

Aug 3, 2011
darkrage6 said:
LordTerminal said:
darkrage6 said:
It really does not have much in the way of games coming soon, the Switch's release schedule looks really dry aside from Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey, both of which are several months away, so I don't expect the console to continue flying off the shelves for the rest of the year.

No but I can't deny that the PS4 and Xbone had problems either like you are.

I'm sorry but you weren't asking for Nintendo or anyone for that matter to bring back local multiplayer instead of everything being online multiplayer only? You people are nuts.

And no they really aren't. Quantity wise maybe but practically everything exclusive to those consoles was forgettable garbage (Knack, Ryse, etc.) You had to wait until early '13 for the first decent exclusives to come out and everything else was either ports or 3rd party stuff that was already long on STEAM which was the better deal.

And why would you want Nintendo to make another GameCube? I understand it was an awesome system but guess what? IT DIDN'T SELL! You see how backwards your logic is?
Um did I ever say they didn't have problems? NOOOOOOOOOO, you just assumed I did.

You are nuts, I was never asking for Nintendo to do any such thing. PS4 and XB1 had plenty of good exclusive titles, their launch line-up was far better then Nintendo.

Gamecube did sell well actually, it certainly was not a failure like the Wii U, it just wasn't as big as the PS2 was that gen.

Not everyone plays games on PC, don't assume that they do.
Bro, there's no point to debating the guy. He'll keep assuming your opinion on things, making accusations, and genuinely acting like this

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
darkrage6 said:
Even this seems like high praise! I'll check Jim ASAP, thanks for pointing that out. I'm just high on that he has now tried the Switch at all!

And his new book? I love the title, 4/5 at Amazon and available on Audible! I intend to pick it up 4/5/2017 when I get my next subscription credit. Sounds like a hoot.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Hooray I can watch videos again! I wonder what the problem was and why it went away after like 2 months.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
*splurges Zelda fanboy milkshake everywhere*

Wait what?? No...I'm just imagining things. Yahtzee wouldn't... would he?...

BarkBarker

May 30, 2013
Combat mechanically is very basic, music doesn't always provide an atmosphere to the area, you can't detail ANY progress on the map manually so its the vision towers or bust (locations of things aren't added but I can't even run off in a random direction and jot out the map from my random wandering) and the climbing can get very tedious be it the rain making you have to stop or just the general fact taking it slow and steady is the stamina appropriate decision, forcing just holding UP for a lot of it. Oh and frame-rate drops, I don't care if they are few or far between there shouldn't be ANY in a game that was delayed for years to be made and ported to the switch. Least give me some graphical tweaking options to have more control over it.