Zero Punctuation: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
LadyRhian said:
Grrr... is anyone as tired of that stupid Slim Jim ad as i am? Thankfully, Yahtzee's review more than made up for having to watch it yet one more (expletive deleted) time. I can't say I was interested in this game, and am less so now, but I still got tons of amusement watching Yahtzee eviscerate it.
snowman6251 said:
Can we stop the Slimjim ads please? Slimjims are nasty. Watching the same stupid ad before every video I want to watch does not make me want to eat that crap.

At least make the annoying ads relevant to the site, which is to say anything related to gaming would at least be tolerable.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/registration/subscribe
Pub Club members see videos ad-free, and with higher quality encoding. 20 bux gets you this ability, and several other snazzy benefits.

UmbrellaRedshirt

May 2, 2008
Phenom828 said:
Plus I was all like "He mentioned Rebecca!1!! OMG!1, I need to write a Blog about this!!" In my head I mean. I don't blog , but my brain went a little bit mental.
Oh very nice back peddle there though I must agree the mentioning of her name woke me out of my morning stupor. I never really got into No More Heroes. Not the fault of the game really, just the fact that my Wii never registered any movement. Oh, see what I did there?

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
D_987 said:
Besides, I thought there was a port of No More Heroes coming to the 360?
Only the first one, and so far only in Japan (it's actually been out since April). It hasn't been picked up by any developer for release in the rest of the world and, honestly, at this point I don't see it happening.

Like a lot of people, I thought getting rid of the sandbox was a positive thing. In the first game, it became completely redundant after you'd finished going around collecting all the stuff from dumpsters and those ball things. I haven't got very far into it (for the same reason it's taken this long for Yahtzee to review, fucking PAL localisation times) but I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far.

EDIT:

CaptainCrunch said:
Pub Club members see videos ad-free, and with higher quality encoding. 20 bux gets you this ability, and several other snazzy benefits.
Ah, that'd explain why I didn't know what they were talking about. Sort of forgot that The Escapist ever had ads, to be honest.

Evilproduct

Oct 25, 2009
Haha, yes, i think Rebecca Mays scares us all Yahtzee....

P.S. Please don't hurt me Rebecca...

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
No More Heroes is to games as I am to being God. Unlikable assholes are what pass for a cast, bad controls (both on the Wii-mote/Nunchuck and Classic Controller), horrible camera, horrendous graphics and mini-games so blurry, I almost went blind looking at them.

I raise this question, again [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.208256-Question-of-the-Day-July-6-2010#7058176]; why do so many people rate this game with high scores?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Blue-State said:
If Rebecca didn't have a problem with your immaturity beforehand Yahtzee, It's best not to compromise your integrity
It was definitely worth the joke, though.

Tolerant Fanboy

Aug 5, 2009
Still going to play this, though I do appreciate Yahtzee's ability to counterbalance my blind adoring fanboyism with hardline, unsatisfiable snark. So thanky you, Yahtzee, for never ceasing to find flaws with the Wii. Without you, I'd be a much less tolerant (and less tolerable) fanboy.

EvilDictator

Jul 1, 2009
Great review, didn't really think much of the look of the first game so I'll miss the sequel. Also not having a Wii is a factor too.

Loved the jab at Rebecca Mayes! :D

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
The Escapist must really want revenue hits since there is absolutely nothing but complaints (as usual). You will hear less contract-obligated moaning in a maternity ward.

On the other hand...No More Heroes 2 does very little to expand the concept of the original so I suppose any praise one might have given before would simply be covering old ground.

It blows my mind that Suda 51 keeps forcing you to do menial tasks in between the power/laser sword fights. I mean, if I were a Jedi-knockoff and just offed one of my longtime personal rivals in an epic duel with laser swords, obviously the next thing that comes to my mind is helping my neighbor mow his fucking lawn...right?

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
The Seldom Seen Kid said:
The Rebecca Mayes joke was just perfect.

Great review :)
Lulz, ya, I loved it. Now I can't watch a review without a cheap laugh at Rebecca's expense as she will forever be known in my head as a woman who gets stabby with those who aggravate her.

Like a laughable version of Jason Vorhees. Good times.

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
This took me back.

The No More Heroes review was my very first ZP.

*Thinks of previous, fun days*
*happy sigh*

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
I guess I'll play No More Heroes 2 at about the time I get around to finishing No More Heroes 1.

There's quite a few titties in my containment tube, but they're all two-dimensional, and therefore compatible with No More Heroes 2.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Another snipe at the Wii, and its relevance as a gaming platform, eh? Ho Hum.
Anyway, just as amusing as ever. I certainly laughed.
If it makes you feel better,Yahtzee, those black Wii-ess-three controllers that came with Monster Hunter Tri are much better for big tough man hands...
Of course, it only came with MH. Not entirely sure why that is. Unless they've released it seperately, while I wasn't looking?

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Yes, I heard about containment tube zero-zero-five-one.
The only one with a entertainment-feed malfunction, tragic.

Also, yes, I found it kind of odd how Travis is surrounded by girls who he either has to murder or flirt with, I don't find girls very sexy with giant holes though their heads, but that's (video game) life, I suppose.

dmcc85

Feb 18, 2010
laser-horny imp! yay!
this game can not be good, i ve never heared of it at all.
not even the previous one he mentioned.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Yahtzee's gotta make his mind up- does he want the anti-Red Dead Redemption-toy-box that forces you to keep track of your hunger, confort, strength etc in a real test of prolonged survival,

OR does he want games to realise people have real lives and don't have all the time in the world to do a grind? He's said both but I've no idea which one he actually means... if any.