Zero Punctuation: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Hazy said:
saintfrankie92 said:
i dont miss the sandbox really. it was unnecessary the first time around.
I liked it, to be honest. The world offered a nice contrast to the exciting, frantic assassination missions. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of it over the menu system.. I just didn't think it was as bad as people made it out to be.
Erana said:
Also, does Travis really have one of those body pillows in the game?
As well as a cardboard cutout in his bathroom.
I wish I was making this up.
That is horrifying. Also, the sandbox portion had that epic motorcycle that wasn't good for much, but was really fun to drive.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
What's all this about ads before the video? I never get any. Maybe it's because I live in Britain.

Anyway, I didn't laugh at that review as much as some of the other ones, though the "fat dog on a trampoline" joke was pretty brilliant.

DrEmo

May 4, 2009
Strange. I thought he would review singularity.
I was interested in the 1st No More Heroes but not interested enough to go out and buy a Wii. I'm going to wait for the Xbox 360 port of the 1st one, even if it looks like turd.

Great review as always and nice Rebecca Mayes joke. That little song she wrote was genius. Catchy and moving.

Darth Caelum

Jan 21, 2010
Miss_Suzumiya said:
YAYS FOR JIGGLE PHYSICS!!! \^o^/
Haruhi Manga = WIN
I am little bit sad about the reference to Tarantino... But oh well. :p
Well if I'm gonna be specific about it, It's actually the 9th Dissociation novel but......meh.

Australia is STILL being an Ass about their games huh?
Nice stab [sub]Pun Intended....kinda[/sub] at Rebecca.

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
Seems like someone has a hankering for a shag... or breasts.
Either way, I think Mayes may be in the market too. *wink wink*

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
quantumsaint said:
There are titties in my containment tube, no wait, those are my man boobs.
But at least futurama is on! (couldn't help it with the avatar)

OT: Great review, open-worlds are overrated.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
So last year, Graham Stark. Now this year, Rebecca Mayes.
I wonder which person on the Escapist Yahtzee Croshaw will have a little spat with next year?

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
Yeah, the boss fights are the only still awesome part of the game, that doesn'y get repetitive.

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
Yahtzee: I caught the signpost where one direction was labeled "Interesting Things," and the opposite direction was labeled, "Swindon."

May I commend to you Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series, starting with The Eyre Affair [http://amzn.com/0142001805]. Hopefully after reading, Swindon won't seem quite so dull and uninteresting.

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
Squilookle said:
Yahtzee's gotta make his mind up- does he want the anti-Red Dead Redemption-toy-box that forces you to keep track of your hunger, confort, strength etc in a real test of prolonged survival,

OR does he want games to realise people have real lives and don't have all the time in the world to do a grind? He's said both but I've no idea which one he actually means... if any.
If I am allowed to extrapolate a response from his love of Saint's Row 2, I'd go with this:

"Basically if you are going to have a toy box that functions as a game, you can at least have the god given decency to make the toys work together. Most games that play this route tend to give you a toy box with nothing but broken ends that connect to nothing else and expect you to be happy. The toys in Saint's Row 2 were more like Legos. You could do just about anything you want but it always managed to connect back to the main game. The money had use as you can't always get what you want in a mission. The perks actually helped you be a bigger badass or simply suck less.

That's the trick. That's what I want. I don't want a box of broken toys with no point. I want a box of Legos that I can do what I want and still actually feel like I am making some form of progress."

*cough* Yea, I definitely lack his wit but I feel that is the heart of his gripe with toy boxes vs no toy box.

Migratingchimp

Jun 7, 2010
Here in the US the Ads suck we have watch a ridiculous Slim Jim (fake beef jerky if you don't have it there) commercial and I end up muting and playing solitaire everytime till its over.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
meh, honestly didn't care about this game, and after hearing that it has

a) lots of grinding (GODFUCKINGDAMMITGRINDINGISLAZYGAMEDESIGN!)

and

b) honestly everything else about this game just sounds dumb, too.

I can be sure that I will likely never play it.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
lmao, hilarious. Loved it, and prettym uch what we want to see from it

also...lol @ Rebecca comment ^