Zero Punctuation: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

red ant

May 18, 2009
I've been gone for a year and all these people talk about this Rebecca Mayes person.

I just checked and she joined about a month after I left and she sings.

TimL

Oct 4, 2007
Had to pause the video I was so shocked... Why is there a fuck removed at 1.43? Was their sponsor pressure to clean it up?

Very dissappointed. If you're going to do that, don't do a half-assed job taking it out. This isn't Australian network TV in the 1990s...

Falcondynamite

Apr 22, 2010
actually No more heroes paradise is not just coming out in japan also the uk. But i doubt its going anywhere else. But oh well I can still hope. Damn the xbox for its region blocks

Indignation837

Apr 11, 2010
I quite enjoyed this review, a lot more funny than some of the ones he's done recently. The Rebecca Mayes jab and the etch-a-sketch were awesome. But alas, I do have a bone to pick. Why would he have bashed NMH2 for removing the open-world sandbox aspect when he himself despises unnecessary sandboxes? That's one of the most blatant self-contradictions I've ever heard - does the quadruple amputee kindergarten award for least necessary sandbox he had in the 2009 awards ring a bell? I haven't played No More Heroes or the sequel, but if what he said about the first being a boring open world format is true, he has no business attacking a company for removing something that even he admits didn't work. Yes, they probably could have fixed it up and kept the sandbox, but at least they did SOMETHING to try and resolve the problem, which is more than a lot of game companies can say.

TimL said:
Had to pause the video I was so shocked... Why is there a fuck removed at 1.43? Was their sponsor pressure to clean it up?

Very dissappointed. If you're going to do that, don't do a half-assed job taking it out. This isn't Australian network TV in the 1990s...
I wouldn't have caught that on my own, but I went back and listened to it again and there's definitely something sloppily edited out there. I was also wondering what was up with the "gnap gnap rawr" at 2:03, that didn't seem to me like something he would've done unless asked to change what he was going to say at the last second. I've got no problems with cleaning up a product for advertisers (unless it happens to be a quiz show called 21) but I'd appreciate if it was done with slightly better quality.

chibiev

Apr 3, 2009
Thibaut said:
I would pay to see Yahtzee do a review of Resonance of Fate.
I'm pretty sure he would hate it... It has everything about JRPG's he hates and the innovations probably wouldn't be innovative enough for him. Personally, I loved RoF!

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Is it wrong that I found the corkscrew joke fully as sin and laughed even harder the more the guy screamed in pain?!

-M

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
If a sequel is indeed supposed to add features not delete them, someone should've told that to the team at Bioware who were developing Mass Effect 2 eh?

Jack Frost

Dec 26, 2010
don't want to get this game! I hated the first one! great review!

in my opinion, the first one is a terribad game for this several reasons:

-earning money is quite annoying
-the "bosses" sucks, they are all like regular people but with an INSANE ability skill, such us fire-bending
-you have a vehicle for transport in the city, and people would expect something like "atleast I can run over people from the street, which is fun" but in this terrible game, you CAN'T

I bet the game it's actually a "Desperate Struggle" regarding to the 50 ranks

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I would say it's too bad the 360 port never came about...but no it really isn't much of a shame lol

esp seeing similarities in Lollipop Chainsaw, and I kinda quickly lost interest in that game