Zero Punctuation: Overlord 2

Jay Cee

Nov 27, 2008
I'm surprised that Yahtzee was able to turn down a game that fulfills his evil fantasy's.

Regardless of the fact that the game is fucking abysmal, I'd imagine malevolence would cloud his view.

I really don't think the last game was the GROUND-BREAKING epic that warranted a sequel.
...Maybe a retraction...

Shadowfaze

Jul 15, 2009
too bad i was planning on giving this one a try. i probably still will because i liked the first one. too bad so few people played it

Jay Cee

Nov 27, 2008
Nazulu said:
Hold on, you make linearity sound like a really bad thing. All well, Good stuff Yahtzee.

MeXR said:
i really enjoyed today's episode
but i have a question... who the hell is this guy at 0:33?????
i have seen him in almost every episode of ZP
I have a question for you. What is that you put as your avatar? I swear I see that thing everywhere while surfing the net.
The Notorious "SHOOP DA WHOOP"
It shoots ROFL lasers.

No seriously.

IceFire2050

Jul 15, 2009
If you buy all the tower upgrades for a specific mistress, you do get to have sex with her. Doesn't show anything but it does shake the entire tower.

The mistresses do decide which mounts you're given on the final level too.
Country Girl = Wolves for browns
Big titted City Girl = Spiders for greens
Not-so-good Elf Girl = Salamanders for reds

Viggo

Oct 18, 2008
There are some parts where I have to disagree with Yahtzee. It's told early on, through the first starting mission, that you have a grudge (and a sort of duty as an evil overlord) against the Empire. They tried to kill you as a little boy and they are trying to kill/detain everything magical (the Overlord is magical/knows magic). But I do have to agree on the part about it being close to Fable, ESPECIALLY the art direction (just take a look at the minimap from both games and compare them, the sameness is staggering!).

Minion resurrecting hasn't really gotten anything to do with you being endeared to the imps. The imps have individual leveling, so sacrificing 20 level 1 imps to resurrect a fallen lvl 10 imp is for convenience sake. As for caring about them... Well I didn't really, but the perfectionist in me made me reload every time 3 or more high level imps died (especially if it was a random enemy and not a boss). It was just so frustrating. And yes... the imp controlling is pretty bad, but not as bad as in the first one. Random fuck-ups still happen now and again when trying to direct them through holding down both mouse buttons. The ladies in the game... just part of the story and there to look good and strengthen the, "evil overlord" aspect they are trying to give you.The moral choices in this game however, are shallow and unnecessary.

Spartan2kill

Jul 15, 2009
i think so to but u could git some from your chicks but you had to buy alot of crap first.
PS: it was painful to watch in how cencered it was.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Fucking cheers for the fat spider which put me on edge for the rest of the video. Wondering if it was coming back or it was lowing itself on a web above me.

Bastard :(

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
I give the review a big MEH, I'm not sure if I even laughed.

Ah well, you cant win them all I suppose.

PaulPower

Feb 27, 2008
Something tells me Yahtzee didn't try pressing the 1 key over and over. It's hard not to crack a smile after that.

browns BROWNS Browns browns! BROWNS browns Browns?

Ardus_Virgo

Aug 11, 2008
Amazing, when I first played the demo of overlord 1 and 2, I said to myself: "This is PIKMIN!!!"
Glad to see Yahtzee had the same instinct as I did! *Feels giddy*

Viggo

Oct 18, 2008
Glefistus said:
There aren't even separate endings for destro/dom!
PC owners can view all the endings by going to the video folder where you installed overlord II and watching Ending_Tyranny_01 (Neutral), Ending_Tyranny_02 (Domination) and Ending_Tyranny_03 (Destruction). Install RAD Video Tools to watch the videos. There's no audio though.

Copied from:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/overlordii/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-50327064&pid=952370

MrDeano89

Jul 1, 2009
Nazulu said:
Hold on, you make linearity sound like a really bad thing. All well, Good stuff Yahtzee.

MeXR said:
i really enjoyed today's episode
but i have a question... who the hell is this guy at 0:33?????
i have seen him in almost every episode of ZP
I have a question for you. What is that you put as your avatar? I swear I see that thing everywhere while surfing the net.

its the "ima charging ma laser" guy (its a meme on 4chan as well as on other sites, see the impossible quiz