Zero Punctuation: Prince of Persia Retrospective

ward0630

Nov 25, 2009
Ya im thinking something along those lines SarahhC. I was also strangely thinking one of them was a metal gear solid game but Fantasyt world Dizzy probably makes more sense.

Tyrannowalefish_Rex

May 30, 2009
Great, now I'v bought Sands of Time, and it's simply very good, but nothing near to redefining my ideas of what a game can achieve, or finding entry into my canon of greatest games of all time. It's simply well done, through and through. Damn it.

But then, not only has he apparently bothered to play a game like Spider-Man 2 but it also seems to be one of his favorites, so I shouldn't have expected much. Spider-Man, don't be ridiculous... I'll never take ZP even half-serious again, if something so devoid of originality is supposed to be masterpiece.

Murfadur1000

Jan 4, 2010
lol
1. Portal
2. Silent hill 2
3. Prince of Persia: sands of time
4. Resident Evil 4
HOWEVER, it does look like a spiderman game
5.) Fantasy world dizzy, it tlooks like

Donttazemehbro

Nov 24, 2009
Since im guessing no one has said this, this is the ONLY REVIEW where he did not verbally say the word "Fuck" he wrote it, but did not say it.

Jas0913

Jan 16, 2010
At the end yahtzee said if the prince of persia movie they're making turns out to be good then he will upload photos of himself punching his penis...

Well from what i've seen Jake Jilanhall or whatever his fucking name is (some of you know him as the dude who looks like Spiderman's Toby Mcguire) is supposed to be playing the prince and he sucks balls!

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Jas0913 said:
At the end yahtzee said if the prince of persia movie they're making turns out to be good then he will upload photos of himself punching his penis...

Well from what i've seen Jake Jilanhall or whatever his fucking name is (some of you know him as the dude who looks like Spiderman's Toby Mcguire) is supposed to be playing the prince and he sucks balls!
I wouldn't say so, he's a pretty good actor, and he seems to be fitting for the role of a young prince.

Jas0913

Jan 16, 2010
CrazyHaircut94 said:
Jas0913 said:

I wouldn't say so, he's a pretty good actor, and he seems to be fitting for the role of a young prince.

I agree that he does look like the prince but i don't think he's a good actor, but hell that's just my opinion.

xenxander

Nov 14, 2007
As the movie "Prince of Persia" is close to release we can either expect Yhatzee to punch his own penis, or do the cop-out he promised in Silent Hill and refuse to eat his own ass ^-^

Actually I have low hopes that this will be a good movie and just another Disney rip off in order to make money. With how nice the instant death traps were, you'd think some other company other than Disney... fucking DISNEY would make the movie... *sigh*

anyway I wonder what his top five games are:
EarthBound
Portal
Killer 7
Prince of Persia
Saint's Row 2

those are my 5, not in any particular order, mind.

clank1013

May 21, 2009
1. portal
2. silent hill 2
3. price of persia- sands of time
4. spiderman 2
5. that one "fantsy world dizzy" or what ever u mentioned way back when....... lol

bobthedeadly

Aug 20, 2008
For the longest time, I was convinced that 4. was Resident Evil 4, but upon counting the letters (as best I could) it does seem like it is Spider Man 2. Yahtzee had mentioned Resident Evil 4 a few times before, and the box art is red in the PAL regions, similar to the box in the video, but i think "resident" is too long for that first word, and the second word does look a lot like "man". So i regretfully say that this is Yahtzee's top 5 games as far as I can say (and mine).

1. Portal (I agree)
2. Silent Hill 2 (Bioshock)
3. Prince of Persia: SOT (same)
4. Spider Man 2 (Max Payne)
5. Fantasy World Dizzy (probably Call of Duty 4)

I know, I'm mostly a newish gamer, but those seem to be the games that stand out the most to me. I haven't played the Half Life series at all, though, because they aren't out for Mac yet, but those are supposed to be very good.

J-eagle Kenneally

May 23, 2010
First off I can't wait to see him smash himself in the balls because the PoP movie is going to be really good.
Secondly he is not a real critic because a real critic has to look at something with out being biest.
and lastly His taste in Games is screwed up

Tantrix

Apr 29, 2010
Yahtzee, did you really look up in a dictionary for "emo"?
Because you should realize that Warrior Within is the whole opposite.

But who am I kidding, I doubt you even tried to enjoy it.

leerun

Jun 7, 2010
So what did you think of the new Prince of Persia movie? Because if you thought it was good I do believe you owe you fans some pictures of you punching yourself in you tiny unsatisfying penis.

Yoshi-Pop

Apr 1, 2009
leerun said:
So what did you think of the new Prince of Persia movie? Because if you thought it was good I do believe you owe you fans some pictures of you punching yourself in you tiny unsatisfying penis.
Moviebob said it was good, and that works for me. Make with the pics Yahtzee!! rofl

PoPSoTisshit

Jul 6, 2010
I've had PoP:SoT on my shelf since it first came out, and yesterday i thought I'd get it out again in preparation for going to see the movie again. I just got to the "Death of a Sand king' fight, after having a thoroughly enjoyable time leaping around and wall-running etc.

After half an hour of repeatedly dying to those cuntwad fucking itrritating shitbastards, I was almost ready to wrench my controller in two.

Fuck that. I definitely remember finishing it before, so maybe i've become less forgiving of SHITNESS in otherwise great games. I'm 40, I don't have the time or patience to waste on this anymore. games should come with built in 'god mode on?' options for people who aren't redbull-fuelled 14 yr old cunts.

Apart from your perplexing willingness to overlook the humungous dogturd that is the combat in this game, I think you are the man when it comes to gaming criticism.

Sammie Wang

Aug 16, 2010
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/189-Soul-Calibur-IV
at 1:15 Yahtzee displays 4 games he wished he would play, one of which is spiderman 2 and 2 of the others are PoP sands of time and that other old game that apparently came out before I was born

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
Sammie Wang said:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/189-Soul-Calibur-IV
at 1:15 Yahtzee displays 4 games he wished he would play, one of which is spiderman 2 and 2 of the others are PoP sands of time and that other old game that apparently came out before I was born
NECROMANCER!

OT: <3 Yahtzee!

stabnex

Jun 30, 2009
stop trying to guess! it's been done. he trashed EVERYONE who even attempted to guess them!

OT: I don't know what he saw in those games. I for one have no patience for a game that takes 30 minutes to navigate every room in a massive castle.

MNM556

Aug 11, 2010
1.) Portal
2.) Silent Hill II
3.) Sands of Time
4.) Spider Man II
5.) Fantasy World Dizzy[/quote/] yeah i think thats right and i just recently played sands of time for an hour or so and in that little time its my favorite game other than GoW2