Zero Punctuation: Prince of Persia Retrospective

Tumbler360

Nov 28, 2007
Wow it loaded all the way today! Hooray for servers!

Great episode. I hope you do more of these that disect what you like about certain games. I find it very interesting. I never played Sands of Time but now I'd like to.

StatikShock

Mar 18, 2008
NezumiiroKitsune post=6.68312.624450 said:
I think Yahtzee reuses alot of sprites to save time when making points :p I dont think anyone seriously believes the Yahtzee cartoon image ("Yahtzee" sitting at a TV) is drawn again everytime he wants it. If somethings in his library and hes making a point that refers to it I suppose he uses that image. Hes a gamer at heart therin hes a lazy git :p
Its not lazy, it's a hackers sensibility. Why would you re-write (re-make) something that you already have? If you've already written code that does what you want, you copy and paste it into the new program. Similarly, if you've already made the sprites for your wildly popular internet series, then you don't make new ones, you reuse the ones you have. It's all about efficiency. Also, there was an interview up, where he explained how he makes the videos, and he needs as many shortcuts as possible in order to get them up in a timely manner.

Klonoa Prower

Jul 23, 2008
All of them are obvious, except for the Spiderman one... His half life review said that Portal was his favorite game. His Silent Hill: Origins review showed that SH2 was his favorite out of that series. He's also made a half a hundred references to Dizzy now too.

It's no big deal though, he probably just giggles at the fact that people follow him enough to figure out his games anyway. Still, I like Yahtzee, he doesn't cause drama, only his fans do.

Proto Cloud

Jun 25, 2008
Nice retrospect on PoP. Basically what I thought of the whole series, though I wouldn't consider Sands of Time to be on my top five. Come to think of it neither would I put SM2. Eh, maybe I'm too old-school.

P.S. Christ! Why are we still debating what Yahtzee's top five is? It was resolved on the first damn page!

Jun 13, 2008
xD

I liked the Doctor Who reference at the end! [Don't mess with time Prince.]

Anywho, great review! I was waiting all week for it!

I wear a load of eyeliner and have black hair... But I even it out with a pink belt for my red plad skirt and pink nail polish.

GoldenSeducer

Aug 4, 2008
Random argument man post=6.68312.624509 said:
I thought Yahtzee LOVED Killer 7
Just because he LOVED Killer 7 doesn't mean it made it to the top 5.

Also, was that pistachio pudding? If it was, I wasn't going to eat it anyway.

Aginor27

Aug 13, 2008
The Prince of Persia move that is coming out stars jake Gyllenhaal (or however you spell it) as the Prince.

This just seems to be one big WTF, he's not even of the ethnicity that the prince is.

ElliottC666

Nov 15, 2007
1.Portal
2.Silent Hill 2
3.PoP Sands of Time
4.Resident Evil 4
5.Fantasy World Dizzy

Think someone else posted this too. I was just agreeing with their list.

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
StatikShock post=6.68312.624501 said:
NezumiiroKitsune post=6.68312.624450 said:
I think Yahtzee reuses alot of sprites to save time when making points :p I dont think anyone seriously believes the Yahtzee cartoon image ("Yahtzee" sitting at a TV) is drawn again everytime he wants it. If somethings in his library and hes making a point that refers to it I suppose he uses that image. Hes a gamer at heart therin hes a lazy git :p
Its not lazy, it's a hackers sensibility. Why would you re-write (re-make) something that you already have? If you've already written code that does what you want, you copy and paste it into the new program. Similarly, if you've already made the sprites for your wildly popular internet series, then you don't make new ones, you reuse the ones you have. It's all about efficiency. Also, there was an interview up, where he explained how he makes the videos, and he needs as many shortcuts as possible in order to get them up in a timely manner.
o_O Sorry? XD

kittenbot

Aug 5, 2007
Am I going blind or did #4 look a lot like "spider man 3" which I can only expect is either a joke or I AM going blind.

Ink Hammer

Aug 12, 2008
I cant help but think two thrones was realy good,
also his lady freind only got given a bow an arrow. That doesn't realy warrent the level of verbal abuse..

Inuprince

Aug 12, 2008
Maaan that was great - this was the funniest review for me yet. Not just because the Sands of Time series was my favourite series too - but the great humour and jokes. ( puding XD )

Great work Yahtzee, you made my ( till this point piece of ... day) into a great day :)