Zero Punctuation: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

THGhost

Mar 18, 2009
Ragweed said:
Yahtzee, you do know that Arabs and Persians are not the same thing right? I mean it's right there in the fucking title, man.
Ignorance is bliss for Yahtzee.

syltman

Feb 12, 2009
hurricanejbb said:
syltman said:
Mario Galaxy 2 is just more Mario Galaxy. It's not really worth reviewing
It is if you were a fan of the original.
What is there to say? It's mario galaxy with the same annoying control, really creative and fun levels.

Badassassin

Jan 16, 2010
I'm sure you've heard this before, but 'forgotten sands' was the name for like 3 or 4 totally different games. I got the wii one (not sure why, i think it was because the 360/ps3 prince was an ugly fuck) and I was shocked by the fact that it was actually GOOD! Weird huh? Anyway, I suggest you think about playing it, it's not bad, although it does have a navi like djinn following you around the whole game.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Woodsey said:
lozfoe444 said:
How often do you see character developement in games? It's important to any plot, but I never see it that much.
The main problem was that the Prince developed massively over the course of SoT - and in this they virtually wipe that clean and set him to how he was before.
The prince remembered everything, He didn't change to the way he was before. He could have allowed them to ransack the castle "For riches and glory" like when he first stole the dagger, but he deterred his father's army. He wasn't as cold and cynical as he was before.

The reason he's an emo-asshole in Warrior Within is due to the Dahaka cahsing him for so long

Knifewounds

Nov 18, 2009
Why do I see Roger Ebert becoming his new movie topic target like George Lucas was a while back ago?

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Celtic_Kerr said:
Woodsey said:
lozfoe444 said:
How often do you see character developement in games? It's important to any plot, but I never see it that much.
The main problem was that the Prince developed massively over the course of SoT - and in this they virtually wipe that clean and set him to how he was before.
The prince remembered everything, He didn't change to the way he was before. He could have allowed them to ransack the castle "For riches and glory" like when he first stole the dagger, but he deterred his father's army. He wasn't as cold and cynical as he was before.

The reason he's an emo-asshole in Warrior Within is due to the Dahaka cahsing him for so long
He was never cold at the start of SoT, or particularly cynical. He was brash, full of pride and sarcastic. Basically, a teenage guy. When did I say he didn't remember anything?

Over the course of it he matured greatly, and he fell in love with Farah - something which should be visibly affecting him in this game. Even if they run with the idea that he's locked it up and ignoring it, there still needs to be cracks of it showing through. Christ, the pain of it should be ready to rip him apart!

Instead the Prince is a lot closer to himself in SoT during the earlier levels, albeit a little less arrogant. The fact that he doesn't change at all means that there's nothing much to like about him in this game though.

Again, his split from Farah that he had no control over (she was either dead if he didn't rewind with the hourglass, or she forgot who he was if he did) should be a major player in why he's got permanent sand in his vagina in WW, along with being hounded by the Dahaka.

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
3 things:

1 - I see Yahtzee has stopped shamelessly plugging his novel (even though I will buy it anyway)
2 - What no third annual E3 massacre? I was genuinely looking forward to that.
AAAAND 3 -
Blue-State said:
Thanks to old Henry 8th (and other's) philandering, I'm pretty sure everyone from England has some claim to the thrown by now.
WOOOHOO! I'M ROYALTY! *cough*

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
Maybe he refuses to watch as if it turns out to be any kind of good he'll have to live up to his promise and "Take a picture of myself punching myself in my tiny penis."

comet5002

Mar 27, 2009
syltman said:
Mario Galaxy 2 is just more Mario Galaxy. It's not really worth reviewing
QFT

EDIT: I feel I need to elaborate and/or expand. There has never been a more true statement, ever in the world, EVER, than the one quoted here.

Stripe

Jun 23, 2010
I think you missed the mark this time Yahtzee.

The game was great fun, the fixed camera angles with no free-look were rape. I agree that Whirlwind and Stone Armour were the only worthwhile abilities. The game as a whole felt laggy as piss in zero-G and somehow got slightly smoother after I maxed the graphics... :\

As usual they made sure that controls and gameplay mechanics were new so that veterans of the series had some degree of challenge, short lived as it was...

The "Challenge" modes gave the game an extra half hour(though it still wound up shorter than PoP:SoT) and if you completed them early on, you wound up with several extra upgrades and never even had to dodge the bull bosses and there's even more early upgrades if you spend your Ubisoft points on them instead of Ezio costume...

Speaking of which, they should really have just used Steam Achievements and Steam Cloud instead of developing their own crap and making game loading take all day.

I don't mind the lack of talk of waterfall jump sections, as after the initial frustration, it was kinda fun.

Anyways, more laughs and more complaints next time please. <3

Stripe

Jun 23, 2010
Woodsey said:
If you haven't play SoT then spoilers-ahoy.

So why, oh why, is there only ONE very FLIPPANT reference to Farah in this game? Something about being bossed about by women. HE LOVES HER FOR FUCK'S SAKE!
I somewhat doubt you've had many relationships in your life... lost love is not a permanant pain, infact anyone with a pair should be over it within a year. "The one that got away" is much more likely to have a lasting effect, especially if you continue to have contact with them...
Woodsey said:
Spoilers for TFS now.
Also, the Prince still has Farah's medallion after SoT, so why doesn't he use that in TFS instead of having to be given the power by the genie?
Because in SoT his powers were from the Dagger of Time perhaps?

BigText

Nov 21, 2007
So, uh, looking at that line at the start of the video, does that mean you're going to review No More Heroes 2 next week? ABOUT FRIGGIN' TIME! Also, I thought Portal was the greatest work of yadda yadda yadda to you, seeing as you said you had no criticism against it.

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
I, too, pick the raisins out of muesli.

Haha, I was expecting something like this for a title which so far, I've only heard was "mediocre" and "meh". I like the Sands of Time quite a bit, too, but never got into any of the others for some reason. I probably won't get back into the series using this game, though.