Zero Punctuation: Prince of Persia

honshuwolf

Oct 17, 2007
He jumped the shark!
His review sounded exactly like all the reviews given everywhere else, "It looks soooooo pretty that you can forgive everything else." Weak man.

BrightDeathFriend

Dec 31, 2008
ColdStorage said:
Angels230292 said:
LOL!, thank god someone had to take the Prince of iraq down a notche .... and all his fans >:D
I'm not a fan of the "prince" formally known from Persia, i am however a fan of Geese, hence i'm outraged that the Geese populace (which i respect greatly) has been compared to guerilla warfare loving middle easterns*.

*totally joking, you greasy people sit on such lovely oil that my car needs, I love you really**.

**so does my Toyota
LOL! And i'm sure your Toyota loves them too. =P

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Akalabeth said:
orannis62 said:
Dude, rule of thumb, don't take Yahtzee so seriously that you let him dissuade you from getting a game. If you look at his reviews as anything other than humor you're missing the point.
Yahtzee's reviews are first, and foremost, a review.
All these morons saying "uh huh, I wish he ripped into the game more, it's more funny that way, har har" and etcetera are missing the point. Yahtzee's reviews are simply reviews that are meant to entertain, typically through humour but also just with the accompanying visuals.

Notice that the title of the piece is "Yahtzee reviews X" not "Yahtzee now performs a 5 piece comic monologue on the subject of X".

That being said, if a person is serious about reading into reviews before buying a game, they shouldn't do just what Yahtzee tells them (he did, btw, recommend this game). But a person should look at multiple sources to get different viewpoints. One man's trash is another man's treasure as they say.
Beautifully written Akalabeth. I wish I had your grammar.

I would take Yahtzee's reviews seriously myself, apart from the prince, he clearly wants to rub his back with baby oil.

Manny Calavera

Oct 8, 2008
strange that he could complain about repetition and a shoddy combat and then say he liked the sands trilogy so much.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
BrightDeathFriend said:
LOL! And i'm sure your Toyota loves them too. =P
:D
so do you wanna tell Angels230292 Persia is actually Iran not Iraq, or should I?

oops I just did.

they may both be Mesopotamia but thats even BEFORE Persia, and i'm guessing that Persia is before Toyota, but still nevermind.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
xitel said:
Brokkr said:
I think that this is the first ZP thread in a while that hasn't had the first 5 people banned for posting stupid stuff.
Yeah, and I was looking forward to that, too. Anyways, I actually liked the banter between Elika and the Prince. One of my main problems with PoP: The Sands of Time was that for the majority of the game the Prince was either completely silent or talking to himself.
"If I keep this up, I'm going to start talking to myself... No, you won't... Yeah. I might."

Jorw

Dec 24, 2008
I don't think that the amount of times you die is proportional to the difficulty of a game. I died tons of times as well, but that was mostly because I either ran into the impossible-to-avoid-unless-you-try-over-and-over-again "corruption" or forgot which way to tilt the analog stick to specify whether I wanted to jump onto a ledge or jump away from it.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
One thing about the block.

If you block, you can counter-attack. This disrupts enemy's attacks and let you continue fight.

Also, with Elika you can get 14 hit combo. And you don't need her close to enemy, just make sure you do the first hit. Then her distance doesn't matter.

Oh, and Elika speaks Persian.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
xitel said:
Brokkr said:
I think that this is the first ZP thread in a while that hasn't had the first 5 people banned for posting stupid stuff.
Yeah, and I was looking forward to that, too. Anyways, I actually liked the banter between Elika and the Prince. One of my main problems with PoP: The Sands of Time was that for the majority of the game the Prince was either completely silent or talking to himself.
"If I keep this up, I'm going to start talking to myself... No, you won't... Yeah. I might."
Yeah, that's one of my favorites. It's much better to have bad jokes than silence.

Mister Gone

Dec 31, 2008
Why the hell do I have to undo everything I spent the last 15 hours doing? What was the point? Stupid ending.

neoman10

Big Brother
Sep 23, 2008
Brokkr said:
I was think the exact same thing

oh and the review I think went in your lower excitement scale (sonic unleashed one shows it, and it works when you think about it) so wasnt as angry as always which is what I live for

Warushi

Dec 31, 2008
I was looking for him to post this one. I havent played the game yet, but I still have my PoP original trilogy. Its a shame he didnt enjoy it, though you'd think they'd have the whole Prince of Persia thing down by now...

shadow1138

Mar 20, 2008
Happy new year to you Yahtzee (no idea what time it is in Australia right now).

I wish you and everyone else on this forum a very happy 2009 and lots more hilarious ZPs to brighten up our days!!!

axle 19

Bearer of the Necronomicon
Aug 2, 2008
Great as always. Prince of Persia is pretty much gone since the end of the two thrones. Happy New Year