Zero Punctuation: Prince of Persia

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
G0DF4TH3R said:
is it just me or did it seem that yatzee actually gave a "glowing" review to a game?
It wasn't quite as positive as BioShock, Psychonauts or the Orange Box, but it wasn't as despicable as Too Human, Condemned 2 or Clive Barker's Jericho. Which means that the shiny new Prince of Persia joins the ongoing cavalcade of mediocrity streaming out from places like Hollywood and Bungie.

Solo508

Jul 19, 2008
Nice one. I made a deal with my inner grumpy-old-man that I was not even going to try Prince of Persia (or any Ubisoft game) after they messed Far Cry 2 up so bad then claimed to 'patch' it. Now I know I wasn't missing anything. :)

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
WOW another Prince of Persia game review! Funny as always and you make it seem like PoP is another series going down shit road, what a shame.

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
I think that this is the first ZP thread in a while that hasn't had the first 5 people banned for posting stupid stuff.

amodelmerol

Sep 10, 2008
New Yahtzee, yay!

Though I've lost count of how many times has the PoP franchise been rebooted.

Good review for ending the year.

Thoric485

Aug 17, 2008
True, true. Was looking forward to seeing the great Sands of Time formula again, but Ubisoft seems to wipe the PoP dev team's memory before every sequel i guess.

ikari_matt

Aug 19, 2008
it was okay i guess, a "meh" maybe dont know, its too early to care that much, yet i want to check it out also i want to hear more about yathzees game damage show ;)

amendele

Aug 25, 2008
Exploding nipples and implied bestiality in a Prince of Persia game with more references to Zoroastrianism than Persia.

No, I don't know what those two clauses had to do with each other, but it's all good.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
The game was great aside from the combat, especially when the "only one type of attack allowed" comes into play and when the claw attack is the only choice you go to quick time event hell...

Lupie

May 14, 2008
Very fair. I had epic difficulty fathoming Elika, being thrown between finding her really quite awesome, and blisteringly irritating.

And then the ending wound me up large style.

And I re-dubbed those shitting sliding ring-things "Ring Bastards" because that is what they are.

BrightDeathFriend

Dec 31, 2008
ikari_matt said:
it was okay i guess, a "meh" maybe dont know, its too early to care that much, yet i want to check it out also i want to hear more about yathzees game damage show ;)
Yeah, good point! What's actually gonna happen with gamedamage? Would I be the only person here who thought that the gamedamage pilot was pretty good?

ZombieFace

Dec 16, 2008
Never was much of a fan of the POP series.

BrightDeathFriend said:
ikari_matt said:
Yeah, good point! What's actually gonna happen with gamedamage? Would I be the only person here who thought that the gamedamage pilot was pretty good?

Nope I thought it was terrific.

nought_0

Sep 17, 2008
Yep, been waiting for this review. Love the sight gags.
I'll probably never play this game, but that was an enjoyable 5 minutes.

"PRESS BLOCK YOU DOZY TWAT"

Fangface74

Lock 'n' Load
Feb 22, 2008
Great review of a simply awful game!

Ubisoft is holding a smoking gun and staring at a smoking ankle.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
xchaveyx said:
Great game if you overlook the combat

You made me spill my corn flakes with that terribly thought out comment. Saying it's a good game if you overlook the combat is like saying a Kenyan runner would still win world records if he had only one leg.