Zero Punctuation: Prototype 2

flibbertigibbet2

Jun 8, 2010
Just going to say: the escapist get-together really should be moved away from NC until they get their heads on straight.

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
RetroFlush said:
Very fun review, as always.

Unfortunate time to mention North Carolina, by the way.
Well, it is in the part of the state that voted against bigotry [http://i.imgur.com/EkCqG.png]. :(

It's also in the same country that passed the Digital Millenium Copyright Act and other fun things. Sometimes we have to deal with idiocy. Luckily these days, the Internet is around to make noise about it.

ImSkeletor

Feb 6, 2010
Abedeus said:
Lost it at "To the gulag!"...
ANeM said:
The Escapist Expo thing sounded interesting right up until the "North Carolina" part. It seems like if you're going to hold a convention it would probably be best not to hold it in a place that would automatically alienate a large portion of your audience.
Now, now, they're not alienating anyone.

They just want to show that there is a first class citizen.

And if are on the wrong team, you are not that first class citizen.
What are you talking about exactly?

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
So that's what's wrong with Alex Mercer's outfit. I always thought it looked rather 'unique', but I guess I had a hard time figuring it out, what with the screen always being filled with the blood and intestines of innocent bystanders flying about in a sea of bullets.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
yahtzee that is a great idea!
prototype three: starring sinestro! (silver age sinestro that is)
that would be glorious

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
I rather agree with Mr.Croshaw here. The game may not be great but it really does beat a lot of others in sheer "lets go mess around a bit" fun. If the series took a Saints Row 3 approach to jsut intintionally making itself over-the-top silly it would probably be a far greater game.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
ANeM said:
The Escapist Expo thing sounded interesting right up until the "North Carolina" part. It seems like if you're going to hold a convention it would probably be best not to hold it in a place that would automatically alienate a large portion of your audience.
This seems to suprise a lot of people. But North Carolina is a gameing Hub. A lot of major design schools and game developing companies are located here. Epic for example being one of the most well known.

Also The Escapist is based there and it would be QUITE silly for them to have to fly somewhere to go to their own convention now wouldn't it?

:D Lucky for me i love in NC

ImSkeletor

Feb 6, 2010
cricket chirps said:
ImSkeletor said:
Abedeus said:
Lost it at "To the gulag!"...
ANeM said:
Now, now, they're not alienating anyone.

They just want to show that there is a first class citizen.

And if are on the wrong team, you are not that first class citizen.
What are you talking about exactly?
This seems to suprise a lot of people. But North Carolina is a gameing Hub. A lot of major design schools and game developing companies are located here. Epic for example being one of the most well known.

Also The Escapist is based there and it would be QUITE silly for them to have to fly somewhere to go to their own convention now wouldn't it?

:D Lucky for me i love in NC
No dude, I live in virginia and im pretty happy to see the expo in North Carolina. I just have no idea of what hes talking about interms of the "Second class citizen thing."

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Thanks Yahtzee yet again for an hilarious video.

I was looking forward for this title and I was reluctant at first,because the game looked the same as the first one in every aspect.

I might take a look at it once it releases on the PC in a month.

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
I really loved first game, but I will wait before buying Prototype 2. I'd like all DLC and challenges from the start.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Another hilarious winner from yahtzee! Did he just recommend it, though? I believe the whole point of the inFamous/Prototype lingere contest was to find out which series was better, until Yahtzee's "The World is Yet to Rcognize My Genius" makes it to stores.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
I loved Prototype 2. They made just about everything better.

Yes. That includes Heller. Nevermind the fact that starting the game to find out that Mercer mysteriously got all his powers taken away from him, obviously so that the gameplay wouldn't suffer would really piss me off (looks at inFamous 2), there was NOTHING to like about the guy!

Mercer was a whiny, cowardly sociopath who released a virus on a city because of his paranoia. Then he becomes a megalomaniac.

Heller is a BAMF who wants revenge for his wife and daughter while never losing sight of his humanity. It was to the point where I'd try to harm as few civilians as possible.

Just my opinion though. No need to go spreading it around.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
People are surprised Yahtzee enjoyed a game about open destruction, psychopathy, and ridiculous mayhem enacted on civilians, where the plot barely matters? It's almost like they don't understand what pushes his buttons.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
So what, Zero Punctuation is the only truly positive review for a game?

Um... Did the sky fall when I wasn't looking?

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Yeah, Heller was really bad. He's basically a sociopath, so they had to try way too hard to make Blackwatch look more evil than Heller is so that Heller can be the "good" guy of the story. Sorry Radical, but Heller is still an insanely evil son of a ***** who isn't even remotely relatable, and having him not kill one guy because he finds out that the guy has a daughter too doesn't change that.

The final boss fight was insanely disappointing too. Mercer is far stronger than that. Wish he would have actually put up a fight. The final boss of the first game was hard as hell and Alex beat that, so why is he such a disappointment now? And they tried to hand wave that away by having Heller taunt Mercer by saying "What's the matter, getting rusty?". Really Radical? You know your final boss sucks ass, so instead of making a better one, you just call Alex rusty and leave it at that? BOO!

Oh, and what's with the random, unexplained reappearance of Dana Mercer? In the first game, she gets kidnapped. Alex looks for her, doesn't find her, you never hear about her again... Until this game, when she's suddenly fine in the red zone. wut. :|

Still good gameplay though, except for how they fucked up the controls compared to the first game.