Zero Punctuation: Prototype 2

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
Palodin said:
Hookman said:
Did Yahtzee just insult Liverpool?
This is an act of blatant agression, kidda!
PREPARE THE SCALLY CANNON...La!!!
Palodin said:
Its no worse than any other poor-ish northern city, really. Incredibly annoying accent (Search for the Harry Enfield skit on youtube, its only got worse since) and ridiculous victim complex though. Seriously, dare to mention anything bad about this city and you will be hounded.
How dare you, I'll show you a victim complex!
PREPARE THE OTHER SCALLY CANNON..."Random scouse slang"!!!
You should visit, you'd fit right in
I visit it quite often, with living there and everything. I must admit we aren't the greatest of people but I don't think we have as much of a victim complex as some other parts of the region *Cough* Manchester *Cough*

Mahoshonen

Jul 28, 2008
I'm still holding out hope that Yahtzee reviews Warriors Orochi 3 this week. If he thought Prototype 2 is silly I wonder what he'll make of a game where the plot just simply doesn't give a fuck.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
I'm guessing that Yatzee will put this game in his Top 5 for 2012, which would be nice because (according to The Jimquisition) Prototype 2 didn't do very well in the first 2 weeks compared to last year's April releases.

Granted, November 2010 didn't have a batch of hyped-up releases like November 2011, and people still play Skyrim and Modern Warfare 3 en masse.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Overall I think the Prototype 2 is an improvement over the first. The story is pretty flat and one note like a summer action movie, though Mercer's sudden shift to moustache twirling villain bent on world domination (of course!) was a little jarring for me. But then the original game wasn't that great and paced very poorly too. But the the important part is the gameplay which is much improved over the original. Combat is much more fun and every power has a use, dodging is easier and you can do context sensitive special moves to do extra damage. Targeting can still be troublesome when things get really hectic but it never got me killed as much as in the first game.

gunheads

Sep 6, 2010
As somebody thats lived in liverpool for all his life, I loved the "perhaps liverpool" comment.

Hiroshi Mishima

Sep 25, 2008
Okay so wait.. am I understanding it right that Prototype 2 has NO gods-damned races? I may have to buy this game just to show support for removing that unwanted "challenge" trash from a sandbox game!

Thank gods SR 3 doesn't appear to have those... at least I don't remember doing any.

Katya Topolkaraeva said:
No surprise here. It's an open sandbox game so, no matter the quality Yhatzee will love it. Just as he will hate any very prescripted linear game no matter its quality (ie Uncharted 2, 3)
Except he doesn't, and has actively given positive comments to linear games such as Psychonauts, Portal, and the Sands of Time trilogy. And if memory serves me, he ripped into GTA4 pretty good, too.