Zero Punctuation: Psychonauts

AtxAxLoss

Apr 30, 2008
I've heard some great things about Psychonauts from a number of respectable sources, but this review may have won me over. I think I might check it out.

Galeboomer

Jun 7, 2008
I can say that I absolutely loved this game when I played the demo. I plan to buy the full version soon.

And, as a random note to point out, the summer camp gate shown at 2:00 of the video was the entrance gate to a Boy Scout camp known as Camp Woodruff that I attended once.

yakaspat

May 23, 2008
How dare you call Jesus our Messiah a pussy! Anybody that post anything on the internet that publically calls Jesus a pussy is surely going to need to confess for the terrible sin that they have commited!

zxpipo7

Jun 21, 2008
This was the only game to ever make me laugh out loud. WHY were this games sales so bad!?

Without a doubt this is the Funniest game I've ever played (That's not saying much though, It's like saying "This is the best Sushi I have ever had at a truck stop!")

N-Sef

Jun 21, 2008
Clever and imaginative games don't sell well these days (Psychonauts, Beyond Good and Evil, Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, Fahrenheit, etc), this isn't the fault of the general gaming public but more of the passionless distributors that give no advirtising on these games and only seems to produce a limited number of copies so they can make sure no one buys them.

This crap happened with Zone of the Enders: the 2nd Runner in Europe and Australia, Atari practically cancelled it the week it was released, and this game I thought was one of the best action games on the PS2.

It seems that companies only want the FPS and Nintendo titles to succeed and that's about it, like Sir Croshaw said about Mass Effect; Bioware needed to say the game had some polygonal sex in it for it to sell. This begs the question why Omikron: The Nomad Soul didn't sell.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
lolz and owwwwwwwwww
that pen thing hurt, not as much as he described it, but still...maybe i wasnt using the right pen :p
ah well, still really funny

badazz5001

Jul 22, 2008
Set squiirls on fire. I actually bought phiconouts the day it came out but no one else i kneow bought it because the where to busey sucking maasterchiefs tiney unimagintive dick great game only ive never finished it because i finnelly beat the game and the last cutsine was happining when the power went out

Walrus42

Apr 18, 2008
it took me a while but i got it.
its a fucking awesome game and i love how the characters are all different and the story isnt bland and boring.It made me want to watch the cutscenes instead of just skipping them like i do with other game. its what turned me into a games are art hippie

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
I got this game recently and I have to say it is awesome. The levels are so bizzare it actually feels like you could be in someone's mind. It's a shame that this game will probably never see a sequel.

ByronDZero

Jul 2, 2008
I have yet to play a game that matches the sheer brilliance of Psychonauts, regardless of it's flaws it was an amazing game!

Monkeybone

Aug 14, 2008
BlueInkAlchemist post=6.47939.624353 said:
My question is, how did Psychonauts not make Yahtzee's top 5?
Maybe he just fudged the list to dick around with people.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
If that review has taught me anything its when yahtzee tells you to buy a game you better f**king do it or he will tell you do stuff that hurts like hell and us being the idiots we are will go along with it without considering the consequences.

flatearth

Jul 17, 2008
I got to thank Yahtzee for thís review. I had never heard of Psychonauts before this, and I got my righteous punishment for not buying it before. That is corrected now, and I'm a proud owner of the game. This is also a great review in itself. This is the video I show my friends if I want them to watch zero punctuation.
Thanks for the game tip

Orkimond

Oct 3, 2008
Psychonaughts is a fucken briliant game and its nice to know that someone recognises it, tim schafer is awsome as