Zero Punctuation: Quantum Conundrum

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Quantum Conundrum

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Quantum Conundrum and also Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor.

Watch Video

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
IF I say that Spec ops The line is like a third person shootter Silent hill , will that intrigue you ?
Also I hated this piece of shit too . First person platformers that force you to jumo , shouldn`t exist . Portal is good cos its based around portals , not jumping .
And not only the game is ugly as shit , but its less optimised than spec ops (which is much prettier ) .

T3hSource

Mar 5, 2012
Actually I kind of agree that tweaking .ini files is almost a requirement for PC gamer,make your experience just the way you like it: By restarting the game 500 times to figure out which settings suit your tastes.
Anyway,too bad you had to resort to the Steam forums to help out with your situation,because if that person was a ****,I don't know what the 90% other "bad" people on those forums can be called.

Geisterkarle

Dec 27, 2010
Hm, heard about this game a while ago! Found it quite interesting at the time. But seems that is not the "holy grail" it wants to be!

Maybe next time ;)

Angry Camel

Mar 21, 2011
Good to see Yahtzee getting a bit angrier again. Okay, the ending was childish, but that Steam forum user does sound quite obnoxious.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Noble_Lance said:
I take it that ending, well... someone is going to be famous on the steam forums lol
And then the forums will be flooded with other people spotuing bullshit in the hope that Yahtzee will mention it.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
thaluikhain said:
Noble_Lance said:
I take it that ending, well... someone is going to be famous on the steam forums lol
And then the forums will be flooded with other people spotuing bullshit in the hope that Yahtzee will mention it.
Any publicity...

Apparently Maddox has to put up with these people all the time, sending him fake idiot emails for him to rail on.

Poisoned Al

Feb 16, 2008
I wholeheartedly agree on one point: If you think you don't need quality settings in a PC game you're a c**t.

Even if you do a a nuclear powered PC, sometimes you need to turn features off for a number of reasons, say, something like motion blur that makes it looks like arse.

1nfinite_Cros5

Mar 31, 2010
Noble_Lance said:
Yahtzee never gave out a name. I wonder how many people are going to try to hunt him down anyways.

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
It always bugged me that this was in a guy's house.

I mean, this guy LIVES in a house that can't be navigated without using an alternate dimension to place a safe on a button. Which brings me nicely to point 2....how many god damn safes does one man need?

At least portal was a deliberate rat in a maze scenario.

And then there are the gameplay goofs like the pin precision jumps. I'd also say its a lot less intuitive than portal was. I never had to think WHAT to do in portal, just how. QC had me very confused as to what the aim was in several places.

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
I bet that person who made a post like that in the Steam forums will probably feel humiliated for acting all high and mighty with his/her post. Not everyone has a high powered computer that can play high quality games, let alone afford one.

Zero Serenity

Nov 21, 2009
Finally! Somebody else on this planet who absolutely hates motion blur in video games. It's always the first thing I turn off in graphics.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Phishfood said:
It always bugged me that this was in a guy's house.

I mean, this guy LIVES in a house that can't be navigated without using an alternate dimension to place a safe on a button. Which brings me nicely to point 2....how many god damn safes does one man need?

At least portal was a deliberate rat in a maze scenario.

And then there are the gameplay goofs like the pin precision jumps. I'd also say its a lot less intuitive than portal was. I never had to think WHAT to do in portal, just how. QC had me very confused as to what the aim was in several places.
I shout 'people are supposed to work here?' or 'This is someone's house?!' a lot at games in general. Resident Evil series comes to mind.

Somebloke

Aug 5, 2010
Motion blur and depth of field, both. *shudder*
(EDIT: No idea whether QC does the latter - just a general comment.)