Zero Punctuation: ReCore

Atratzu

Aug 14, 2016
It sure is nice that Microsoft decided to throw it's hat into the ring with PC gamers, if only Cortana would stop spying on me in the background of my windows 10. I know it's there, I see it's process creeping (I haven't given it permission to to run btw).

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
The only thing that might get me to use the Windows Store is if Microsoft decided to put the original Halo trilogy on there, sans any of the games that came after.

Auron225 said:
The UK and the US are having a contest you see; who can destroy their own country the fastest. The UK is winning, but America has a Trump card...
I think Trump is already doing more harm to the US just by running than the Brexit will to the UK if and when it's finally enacted, but who knows. Maybe the Tories' next move will be to privatize the NHS and wait that would still only make it as bad as America already is.

Onliuge

Aug 9, 2012
Yahtzee, just play Factorio on Steam and take a break from the garbage. Any more shitty games and you might become a coprophiliac.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
LordTerminal said:
Okay I KNOW Yahtzee only wants to pander to the hatedom of Federation Force. And not only does he shoehorn in more insults regarding FF but he disses PSABR as well? Yeah I don't trust this review, I'll buy it and play it for myself and spite Yahtzee. And I'm about ready to not trust Yahtzee completely anymore.

And if Federation Force shows up on his end of the year list under the worst section then so help me god......
Shoehorn in? It was part of a series that was directed by the director of ReCore, and did the same thing as ReCore. The comparison draws itself.

Federation Force sucks and people hate it. You want to buy it and play it? Go ahead. He won't give a fuck.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
LordTerminal said:
Okay I KNOW Yahtzee only wants to pander to the hatedom of Federation Force. And not only does he shoehorn in more insults regarding FF but he disses PSABR as well? Yeah I don't trust this review, I'll buy it and play it for myself and spite Yahtzee. And I'm about ready to not trust Yahtzee completely anymore.

And if Federation Force shows up on his end of the year list under the worst section then so help me god......
Hey everyone, I found the new guy.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Onliuge said:
Yahtzee, just play Factorio on Steam and take a break from the garbage. Any more shitty games and you might become a coprophiliac.
Thus the downside of being a reviewer. Sure, it's fun to play the good games/watching the good films/etc. Except people forget that there's plenty of shit you have to review as well. And people wonder why Critics can be a bit elitist and jaded.

I personally am dying to see Yathzee review Kerbal Space Program. I'm curious how many minion jokes he'll work into it.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
erttheking said:
LordTerminal said:

Shoehorn in? It was part of a series that was directed by the director of ReCore, and did the same thing as ReCore. The comparison draws itself.

Federation Force sucks and people hate it. You want to buy it and play it? Go ahead. He won't give a fuck.
I don't see how anyone, seriously, anyone can really get so upset about Yahtzee's review for a game. Doesn't everyone know what to expect by now? Sure, people hate on Yahtzee when he reviews a Nintendo game, but then they turn around and want him to Personal Army for them over whatever schlock they want to feel more justified in hating. Sad to not see him take a few swings at Inafune while he was at it, but I suppose that particular lolcow has been milked dry already.

The game itself is just okay, but whether or not LordTerminal trusts Yahtzee, everyone can trust that there is truth to the part where he complains about collecting Easter Eggs to unlock progress, because damn if it isn't irritating when you find yourself locked out, and it's equally frustrating to find out you don't have the right combination of robots. The latter is particularly annoying, because it's not like you don't have the Gravity Boots or something, you just left them at home for the Power Bomb or whatever.

Dangeresque

Sep 28, 2016
PunkRex said:
Daniel Greenberg said:
The "lady from the new Star Wars" is named "Rey," thank you very much. Also, how can she have daddy issues if the movie doesn't even say who her dad is? Just a thought...
So you're saying I shouldn't have any issues with the guy who rammed into my brother's car, while drunk, almost killing him as I don't know who he is...

And yet, here I am, still mad.
This is different. You had a pretty clear reason to have an issue with the guy. But "The Force Awakens" never reveals who Rey's dad is, let alone what he might've done to give her "daddy issues."

Onliuge

Aug 9, 2012
erttheking said:
LordTerminal said:

He's a fanboy man. There's no coming back from that.

bastardofmelbourne

Dec 11, 2012
Daniel Greenberg said:
This is different. You had a pretty clear reason to have an issue with the guy. But "The Force Awakens" never reveals who Rey's dad is, let alone what he might've done to give her "daddy issues."
What the other posters have already obliquely pointed out, and which you seem to have missed, is that the absence of a father can, in itself, be a "daddy issue." In fact, it's one of the more common ones in fiction, as an absentee father is easier to make sympathetic than an abusive one.

I would have thought this was bleedingly self-evident, but apparently not.

Dangeresque

Sep 28, 2016
bastardofmelbourne said:
Daniel Greenberg said:
What the other posters have already obliquely pointed out, and which you seem to have missed, is that the absence of a father can, in itself, be a "daddy issue." In fact, it's one of the more common ones in fiction, as an absentee father is easier to make sympathetic than an abusive one.

I haven't missed the point; I just don't agree with it. Anakin Skywalker had an absentee father, but that sure as hell didn't do anything to make him sympathetic in the prequels.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
Why did I get an advert showing off the fact that you have shows that have long since gone? Top 5, escape to the movies and jimquisition? Why were they on the advert?

Transdude1996

Mar 18, 2014
Daniel Greenberg said:
bastardofmelbourne said:
Daniel Greenberg said:

I haven't missed the point; I just don't agree with it. Anakin Skywalker had an absentee father, but that sure as hell didn't do anything to make him sympathetic in the prequels.
That's because people are often too busy giving Lucas shit for making Anakin "I'm lost in a universe beyond my control" Skywalker, meanwhile remaining nostalgic for Luke "Under the watchful eye of Ben" Skywalker and prasing the introduction of Rey "I'm good at everything within a day" Sue (I forgot her last name).

Dangeresque

Sep 28, 2016
Transdude1996 said:
Daniel Greenberg said:
bastardofmelbourne said:
Daniel Greenberg said:

That's because people are often too busy giving Lucas shit for making Anakin "I'm lost in a universe beyond my control" Skywalker, meanwhile remaining nostalgic for Luke "Under the watchful eye of Ben" Skywalker and prasing the introduction of Rey "I'm good at everything within a day" Sue (I forgot her last name).
I assume you've seen Episode IV. Could you please explain why Rey gets crap for almost instantaneously being good at, say, using a lightsaber while no one gives Luke Skywalker crap for the exact same thing?

Transdude1996

Mar 18, 2014
Daniel Greenberg said:
Transdude1996 said:
Daniel Greenberg said:
bastardofmelbourne said:
Daniel Greenberg said:

I assume you've seen Episode IV. Could you please explain why Rey gets crap for almost instantaneously being good at, say, using a lightsaber while no one gives Luke Skywalker crap for the exact same thing?
Because deflecting a few shots from a training device doesn't mean you can take on Darth Vader.

Dangeresque

Sep 28, 2016
Transdude1996 said:
Daniel Greenberg said:
Transdude1996 said:
Daniel Greenberg said:
bastardofmelbourne said:
Daniel Greenberg said:

Because deflecting a few shots from a training device doesn't mean you can take on Darth Vader.
And yet he still manages to blow up the Death Star using the Force, something he didn't know about until he met Obi-Wan.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Daniel Greenberg said:
The "lady from the new Star Wars" is named "Rey," thank you very much. Also, how can she have daddy issues if the movie doesn't even say who her dad is? Just a thought...
I feel like you're just feet away from awareness, but you haven't quite made it.

Girls got so many daddy issues she dressed as Sylvia Plath for Halloween.

Dangeresque

Sep 28, 2016
Fox12 said:
Daniel Greenberg said:
I feel like you're just feet away from awareness, but you haven't quite made it.

Girls got so many daddy issues she dressed as Sylvia Plath for Halloween.
I am aware of what you're saying; I just don't agree with it. Call me "politically correct," but to my mind, the idea of a woman having "daddy issues" just seems a little condescending towards women because it assumes a woman can't make a decision that isn't affected by how she feels about her dad.