Zero Punctuation: Red Dead Redemption

Linkassassin360

Dec 28, 2009
ForgottenPr0digy said:
Damn those cute mountain lions

I always feel bad when i kill a animal in this game and then skin it
It also makes it worse that jac... er... john has a tendency to insult it while skining it.
Press y to skin, john stabs into it
John: "You stink"
Me: "Was that really called for?"

Aug 25, 2010
10-15 hours of game play is no where near enough, especially for a Rockstar game. I was very disappointed by how short it was because I loved the game, the story-line was brilliant. And duh Yahtzee, when does Rockstar ever make a game that isn't just another take on GTA? They may have just named Canis-Canim-Edit or Bully which is now the idiot's term for it 'Grand Theft Bicycle'. See, I can be just as funny a cynic.

gambler778

Nov 18, 2009
I love the people who watch a ZP review and base their purchase decision off that. If I didn't play any games Yahtzee didn't like, I wouldn't have a fifth of the games in my library.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
I love the people who comment about their love for the people who watch a ZP review and base their purchase decision off that. Its like they think they're somehow different from the masses and are worthy of note.

(bad mood, should have just shut my post)

Grant Hobba

Aug 30, 2010
Kurokami said:
I love the people who comment about their love for the people who watch a ZP review and base their purchase decision off that. Its like they think they're somehow different from the masses and are worthy of note.

(bad mood, should have just shut my post)

hahaha Yahtzee gives a good argument like a good critic should :) but people who live and die off what he says is just a very funny thing to think about :p

evilpilch

Sep 22, 2010
Yes, well I've never played RDR. Huge fan of GTA3, loved Vice City and San Andreas, and eagerly awaited GTA4. Yet when it came around I was so sick of cops and robbers, organised crime and the rest of the GTA framework that I didn't play GTA4 for more than 6 hours. I like the idea of RDR, but have a terrible suspicion that its just cops and robbers in cowboy hats and chaps. We'll see.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
I'm way late to this one, but I felt I should say that I loved Yahtzee's skullfuck of one of my favorite games. That sounded strangely homoerotic...

Anyways, keep it up Yahtzee. Not that you'll ever read this. Or give a shit.

Rolling 20

Jan 1, 2009
Funny review. I never had any problem with the engine or with the controls. Maybe I haven't been spoiled by games though. The only controls complaint I have is that, yeah, tapping 'x' to sprint was an annoyance, but a mild one.

I like how he snuck in that it was beautifully written and beautifully atmospheric. It was ^_^

Megamonmon

Oct 15, 2010
two things
i wonder how yathzee feels about the new dlc coming for red dead redemption feturing the zombies and i wonder if he figured out u could take off the auto aiming
ps if anyone mentioned the auto aiming before forget the last part

Apocalypso28

Nov 11, 2010
Ok, obviously these videos are just for fun, but he's way off on this one - his first problem being that he played the PS3 version...

-You can toggle auto-aim
-You can quick travel, which kind of defeats the point since the world is so gorgeous.
-The physics (euphoria) is the best part of the game.
-Yeah, you have to tap A (or X) to run, but when your gun is out, which it should be during a firefight, you run automatically, ass.
-And the controls are fine. I can't remember a time playing RDR (GTAIV) when I felt out of control or hindered by the controls at all.

By the way, I enjoyed the ninja cougars/bears/boars. They made the wilderness tense.

Raptorace18

Dec 3, 2009
To be fair, you don't have to push a button to run with a weapon draw. But it doesn't stay drawn except in undead night mare :\

teky136

Jan 25, 2011
Apocalypso28 said:
Ok, obviously these videos are just for fun, but he's way off on this one - his first problem being that he played the PS3 version...

-You can toggle auto-aim
-You can quick travel, which kind of defeats the point since the world is so gorgeous.
-The physics (euphoria) is the best part of the game.
-Yeah, you have to tap A (or X) to run, but when your gun is out, which it should be during a firefight, you run automatically, ass.
-And the controls are fine. I can't remember a time playing RDR (GTAIV) when I felt out of control or hindered by the controls at all.

By the way, I enjoyed the ninja cougars/bears/boars. They made the wilderness tense.
I totaly agree plus there are the new patches to make the game less bugier.
PS: I kind of felt scared when I got attacked by a bear when I was bear hunting in the middle of the night in a bloody forest. ;)

24x7spaz

Mar 15, 2011
1. If the traveling is so long fast travel, if you don't want to because it breaks immersion then deal with it. Getting places takes time when you have that big world you like.

2. Complaining about auto aim when you can turn it off? Seriously?

3. Insulting the Euphoria engine when it's one of the most impressive physics engines in the business? I don't get how one can complain about a feature that gives you the joy of shooting a guy on his horse who then falls and gets his foot caught in the stirrup.

4. Spending 4-5 min bitching about a game( including 2 things you can easily fix and 1 that deserves no complaints) is bad enough. However the fact you spend the last 20 seconds giving the game praise is what pisses me off more. It's like if I commented on your video saying, "Hey you Limey ************ all you do is ***** like a smug asshole who thinks he's so smart when he's actually a stupid twat" and then followed with "but I did have a good laugh or 2". It just doesn't work.

5. I did laugh at the mountain lion part though.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
One thing I had a huge problem with was the old timey duels.

It forces you to use all six of your shots, which just always made John Marston look like a superhuman retard. Why not just one shot? It looks cooler, and it's fun to shoot your opponents in the nuts

Oh, and the gun always puts itself away, which is lame for when your trying to clear a house.