Zero Punctuation: Red Faction Armageddon

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Fronzel said:
JakobBloch said:
The repair/destroy creates a great duality and it leaves the developers free to let you destroy most everything simply because you can remove them again.
So the only way to make the series' hallmark destructible scenery thing work was to let you reverse it with a ridiculous undo gun? This is a good thing?
In fairness, it really is. It gives you so much more control and is one of those small changes that creates a whole host of options.

It's just, they needed it in Guerilla, not this game. That and some sort of stealth system. I would have loved to lace a building with explosives, fix it up so it looks right and then blow it all up again when someone walks past

Alphalpha

Jan 11, 2010
So Red Faction allows fully destructible terrain, then the sequel just puts some destructible bits at the edges of its linear paths; then Red Faction: Guerilla allows fully destructible buildings and the sequel just puts some destructible bits in its linear paths.

Why make every other game lame? Just stick with the free-form destructible format: it's what made the franchise stand out in the first place.

Belbe

Oct 12, 2009
Oh boy glad I didn't expect it to be like the Red Faction games...sounds like a drag in every way lol

Custard_Angel

Aug 6, 2009
I don't mind that there are ads before these videos (the content is free after all), but the fact that the ads I get are female fashion and hygiene ads make me think that the advertising algorithm their using is kind of shit...

shootandshiver

Aug 3, 2011
first you have a game that lets you mop up terrain with a very limited resource of explosives, give or take if i missed a hammer along the way, possible to hide how far your human-hole can go for no reason better than filling me with rage i rightfuly shouldnt have felt upon bastards in some far away land that will probably one day trying to introduce me to remote tissue damage

then you have buildings glued togeather, but not actualy part of some cackly-if-wished minecrafting algorythm, and a fairly realistic happenings of going on i bought years after its make for 20$ simply because i knew it was going to be mindblowing. i may also note not quite sure if its disgruntled miners in favor of bowl noodles, hungrymans, vending goods and fried dough, or communists, but i assure you, it is the first.

then you have gimmicky bullshit rail shooter

edit: bad mood nvm

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Wait a minute! If the terraforming machine got broken how was everyone still breathing?? 'Cause I saw the trailer for this game and I didn't see anyone running around in space suits.

CrazedGinger

Aug 15, 2011
I was quite surprised with how much i liked this game, it kind of reminded me of what everyone says the original Duke Nukem was like. The plot is a joke, the characters are all cheesy and uninteresting. Darius is a gigantic cynical abusive dick that complains about everything, and the game is sorely missing a soundtrack. On the other hand the combat is really fun, there is about 14 weapons to choose from quite strong and entertaining to use. There is even unlock able cheats to make game play more exciting after you finish a play through. The magic flashlight is really quite necessary i remember playing guerrilla and having to spend several minutes trying to climb a mountain because i accidentally blew up the stairs to my objective. I think the main problem with this game is that THQ tried to make it to serious there's even audio logs you can find if you really want to that try to expand and complicate the story but if anything it should be cut down. Its something you just pop in, mute, and decimate the landscape with a pony that fires lasers out its ass.

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
The generators have a "not" chip between them and the force field and the force field's input floats high.