Zero Punctuation: Resident Evil 5

IWCAS

Jul 28, 2009
sheva needs to die. I gave her an infinant (however you spell it) ammo S&W and she was using a freakin 92fs that she for some reason has. She is now my storage device for First aid spray. And has a magnum...

Casanova

Aug 26, 2009
"Indeed you are powerful as the emperor has foreseen."

what is it about game developers nowadays. why do they make a really f*cking good game then have to p*ss on it with one that is terrible. yep the idea troth certainly was empty when it came for resident evil 5's din-dins.

amazing review yahtz

Casanova

Aug 26, 2009
actually i think you're thinking of the 50 cent blood in the sand review that was the one

Spongebobdickpants

Oct 6, 2009
i would have liked co-op to have been an additional mode rather than it being forced i liked re4 for it being simply a better game(more guns, levels, bosses ect) the inventory in re5 was a ***** especially on pc which is odd.

Jumpingbean3

May 3, 2009
laikenf said:
stiver said:
Resident Evil 2 is still the best game in the series.
And the scaryest.

I have to disagree with both of those comments. I thought that RE4 was the best for it's better controls, humour that was actually intentional, it's upgrade feature and for cutting out almost all of the backtracking that made RE1 (the remake) a personal nightmare of mine.

I also rank as the scariest. Don't get me wrong games like RE3 started out pretty scary having you wander around a deserted city by day listening to the moans of the undead from afar and code veronica had some between-room sequences with a heartbeat sound effect that was pretty creepy (but ruined by the incredibly annoying and offensive character of Alfred Ashford AKA: Walking British Stereotype.

What makes RE4 the scariest for me is the castle stage. It is absolutely chilling from the beginning. The whispers of the illuminados, the bug monsters, the gothic setting and characters (especially the Garador monster) all make me feel like I'm in a cheesy cult horror film and yet still manages to creep me out immensely.

Ignawesome

Mar 12, 2010
Funniest review yet, i had to stop watching when the he mentioned the armor 'paradox' thing because i couldnt breathe

grimgin

Apr 4, 2010
i laughed so hard on the running away in fear of the one trying to heal you because that's what happens every time you give an npc health items in any game also after playing re5 for a day i ran screaming back to play re4 for the third time so i could buy even more stuff for my massive metal case

xqxm

Oct 17, 2008
How is it racistic to fight jabbering black people chucking spears? That kind of shit actually goes down in Africa, and closing your eyes doesn't make it magically disappear.

Saboten

Sep 13, 2010
The only white non boss monster in the game is that chick that gets pulled into a building in one of the earlier levels. I've played the opening a million times, and I've looked for more but there ain't any. Now, I don't believe it's racist, I'm just proving reviewer dude wrong...

Jakovavich

Feb 22, 2011
Interesting how Resident Evil 4 was the first RE game I've ever seen played or heard of... Also I heard my first swear from it! Good times.. Good times... X)
Anyways, great review to do after a review where you said the N-word.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Your AI partner uses all your ammo, the game has an upgrade system that you can never afford nor need, the story has gone from conspiratorial biological weapons outbreaks to Blofeldian levels of cat-stroking supervillainy, and you end the game fighting Weskeroth the One Winged Angel.

Resident Evil is turning into a JRPG.

Chris

Mar 21, 2012
I love this video :) "Have you washed your face?" - lol. Have just linked to it from my website http://residentevilsix.net

Itchi_da_killa

Jun 5, 2012
First of all, I loved this review.

I didn't like this game much but I didn't feel any racist vibes at all. The story is set in Africa. There are more dark skinned individuals there than light skinned individuals. Fact! Would people make the same comments if the game was set in Sweden, or Korea? What I did like about the game was the setting. It was unique. Most zombie games do not have a unique setting. Capcom's mistakes are in the game play mechanics. As far as story goes, lets just pretend it's a game for a second and maybe the story will not be so important.