Zero Punctuation: Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

TheeSpongeman

May 27, 2008
Awww... Yahtzee... I have to disagree with you. I found this game to be quite fun actually. It wasn't too hard, but it wasn't too easy. I thought the difficulty was well balanced. Granted, like you said there are moments when something just randomly comes out and bites your ass before you can notice it, but that's the old arcade style. You said it did have that arcade charm though, so I guess you made your point that it wasn't an entirely bad game, it just wasn't spectacular. I believe this game is more of the appeal to those who miss playing the light gun games in the arcade. And with so many coming out for the Wii all the sudden, I have to caution other gamers that alot of them aren't worth the money. This one actually is worth it though, the game lasting much longer than any original rail gun shooter. But if shooting arcade style doesn't appeal to you, than I would say to not bother with this. But if the idea of turning off the lights, grabbing your gun to shoot hordes of undead through a FPS perspective and fighting cool bosses is what you've been longing for, than there is no better choice out there. Umbrella Chronicles is THE best rail gun shooter out for the Wii right now.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
those quicktime events are a kick in the crotch at best
its twice as bad on 2 player mode, both of us had to respond with the speen of a paraniod gnat and we both had different buttons to press aswell!, why cant we have the same button?
anyway, as much as i liked resi chronicles, i still agree with you, i just play it when i get a fetish for shooting things... with a wii remote

cloud1138

Mar 6, 2009
the zombie kitten part was right but playing as Wesker was fun especially when he got the mutant virus in him but then again u were reduced to playing as him going through every level you already went through and they only let him speak often enough to stop you from pulling the disc out and using it as a Frisbee

Goosebagman

Jun 4, 2009
You've got to be kidding...
Certain words are pronounced differently in other countries, and those two words are perfect examples.
America isn't the only country to speak English.

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
I purchased this game hoping to have a Resident Evil style House Of The Dead.....
Like Yahtzee said, there are no save spots. On top of that you have to find files by shooting random objects like a lightbulb......
I ended up returning this game for full price and picking up HOTD 2,3 Return, LOADS BETTER!

Also this was pretty hilarious
1.Kill own staff
2.Make Zombies
3.Get City Nuked
4.Legal proceedings
5.Bankruptcy
6.Something else
7.Profit

I think Capcom = Umbrella
XD

Toar

Nov 13, 2009
Why does this game even exist? I asked for a remake of RE2, but a RAIL SHOOTER? I thought those dies in the 90's! Next thing you knoe they are going to bring back scrolling text games and call them revolutionary. They should have just taken the RE4 engine, slowed the villagers down and made them zombies, put it in Racoon City, and called it RE2. But NOOOOO. A freaking rail shooter! Excuse me while I sit in the corner and mope about how life sucks now...

0puncfan

Aug 26, 2009
two years have gone by and this is still funny as hell! everytime i watch any video of yahtzee's i laugh!