Zero Punctuation: Ride to Hell: Retribution

Iron Criterion

Feb 4, 2009
I was wondering when he was going to address the whole The Last of Us fallout.

OT: Sounds like Sons of Anarchy: Potato Edition...

Edit: Also, I can't believe Deep Silver made this game. I mean, I know Dead Island was no masterpiece, but yesh.

Jan 12, 2012
Because every so often, Yahtzee throws away all pretense of being a respectable critic and takes a delightful shit on some truly worthy property (See: the first Duke Nukem Forever review).

LelouchLawliet85

Mar 3, 2013
I would love if he would do a retro review on Vagrant Story. I think it was a great game for its time. That or a retro review on Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. It is one of the Castlevania 3D games that I think actually did it right while still being Castlevania, unlike the current Lords of Shadows version. It never gets much mention though and it had a pretty interesting battle system for a Castlevania game.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
I like the idea of mass-buying a game just to screw with the publishers apparent expectations, but my wallet is still reeling from the Steam Summer Sale, so its not likely that ill be buying anything for the rest of the summer.

MetalGenocide

Dec 2, 2009
Welp, looks like I need to cough up some dough from my life savings for this one!

Said no one ever.....

At least it warrants watching a playthrough.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Buy it, eh?

Hmm...well I see no reason why not. Clearly this has been thought through and can't possibly backfire.

Fun video this week, Yahtzee. And I'm sorry for all the people who got mad because you didn't give The Last of Us a trophy for Best Thing Ever and some snickerdoodles arranged to spell out the words Best Thing Ever.

brooklynlord

Oct 12, 2010
From his description of this game (of how it was released), it reminds me of big rigs over the road racing.

I'm left thinking why people still do this...
edit:
(release a game that obviously wasn't ready for release)

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
lol I'm going to buy this game...when I get the funds to do so...and the console to be able to play it.

I was laughing so hard at this review.

Jman1236

Jul 29, 2008
Never heard of this game, and THANK GOD I NEVER DID OR CARE FOR IT!!!!

Also, I thought Superman 64 was the plan 9 of video games.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I watched Jesse Cox play through the first bit of it. The game is bloody broken. Like it is a non-functional product style broken.

Also, Full Throttle was an awesome game.

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
It's Plan 9 from outer space bad?

Jesus, who did they get to pretend they did the QA?

JesterOfFire

Oct 29, 2009
brooklynlord said:
From his description of this game (of how it was released), it reminds me of big rigs over the road racing.

I'm left thinking why people still do this...
edit:
(release a game that obviously wasn't ready for release)
Because sometimes developers treat bug reports like their precious child is getting kicked around on the floor and would rather yell at QA for doing their freaking job than actually fix the bugs. That, or QA decided to report nothing just to mess with the developers due to some deep-seeded hatred of an executive.

Getting more OT, I'd get this game if I had the money and could regain access to a machine that could play it. Some levels of bad just have to be experienced for yourself.

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
Jman1236 said:
Never heard of this game, and THANK GOD I NEVER DID OR CARE FOR IT!!!!

Also, I thought Superman 64 was the plan 9 of video games.
No, Superman 64 is just so bad it's horrible. It's not even fun to watch someone else suffer through playing it.

FightingFurball said:
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Because every so often, Yahtzee throws away all pretense of being a respectable critic and takes a delightful shit on some truly worthy property (See: the first Duke Nukem Forever review).
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1968-Viewers-Choice-Duke-Nukem-Forever
I think he meant http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/3581-Duke-Nukem-Forever-for-real-this-time

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I just watched Two Best Friends play this literally seconds after coming here and seeing you reviewing the same damn thing.

It's too much.