Zero Punctuation: Ride to Hell: Retribution

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Legion said:
Can you imagine it?

If we basically took this game, and went as far with it as people have done with MLP? Fan fiction, fan art, a con, websites, avatars, gifs, youtube clips all over the place etc.

Imagine how many how many market researchers and focus testers heads would (metaphorically) explode.

It'd be the funniest thing ever.
Be careful what you wish for. Their innate reflexes are to rapidly spawn inferior copies of whatever is popular.

Which would be quite the challenge.

Mahoshonen

Jul 28, 2008
Okay, Yahtzee, you sold me on this one. Too bad I have a massive backlog of games to get through, but as long as the price is right, I'll give this a spin.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Kargathia said:
Legion said:
Can you imagine it?

If we basically took this game, and went as far with it as people have done with MLP? Fan fiction, fan art, a con, websites, avatars, gifs, youtube clips all over the place etc.

Imagine how many how many market researchers and focus testers heads would (metaphorically) explode.

Be careful what you wish for. Their innate reflexes are to rapidly spawn inferior copies of whatever is popular.

How could one make an inferior copy of this game of all things? I mean only thing I could think of is a bluray disc holding a 16KB picture of biker that was drawn by a 3 year old...actually that sounds better than the game already. XD

OT: I remember the owner of Game Anyone put up a bounty for someone to do this game, and now I see why he put up that bounty in the first place. Poor xXKurantXx...>.>

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Casual Shinji said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Casual Shinji said:
I just watched Two Best Friends play this literally seconds after coming here and seeing you reviewing the same damn thing.

It's too much.
Ugh I tried watching that. Those guys are way too loud. Not Pewdiepie annoying but getting there.
Really? I absolutely love those guys.

They're the only let's player I really follow.

Everyday I'm looking forward to their next installment of Let's Play The Last of Us.
The only couple of Let's Players I like are SupaGoGoMan and Lilly Psatou, as well as Chip and Ironicus. Generally speaking I don't like LP duos because they tend to just guffaw at each other and nitpick at obvious stuff, but those guys are quiet and level-headed enough for me.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
I'm kind of surprised he reviewed this one, seeing how it was no secret just how terrible it was.

It seems like it had the Darkest of Days thing going on. Not a bad concept, but terrible execution. Except in this case, the terrible, terrible, terrible execution eclipsed the idea.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
anthony87 said:
Casual Shinji said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Casual Shinji said:
I just watched Two Best Friends play this literally seconds after coming here and seeing you reviewing the same damn thing.

It's too much.
Ugh I tried watching that. Those guys are way too loud. Not Pewdiepie annoying but getting there.
Really? I absolutely love those guys.

They're the only let's player I really follow.

Everyday I'm looking forward to their next installment of Let's Play The Last of Us.
Poor Pat. I just wanted to reach into the screen and tell him to get the keycard before turning on the generator when he was in that hotel basement.

Although that flaming bloater death was pretty awesome.
You think that was bad? I wanted to slap him in the face and tell him "What the hell are you doing, Pat? That first tool upgrade is RIGHT THERE!!! To your right! TO YOUR RIGHT!!!" when in Bill's gear-up basement.

Also, you can turn that whole playthrough into a drinking game everytime Pat says "Ooh!"

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
'sokay Yahtzee my man. We all make mistakes.

Anyway, I'm half tempted to get this game when it goes down in price (and it will go down in price) just to experience it first hand. I've seen some gameplay(?) of it and I'm currently wondering if this game could be the next Big Rig.

Johnny Novgorod said:
Casual Shinji said:

It's too much.
Yikes, don't let the TBF fanbase hear you say that... or worse... Matt himself. He tends to get pretty butthurt pretty often if his YT comments are any indication.

Still, their loudness is mostly them hamming it up for the Machinima page. Their independent let's plays on Thesw1tcher are MUCH calmer.

The Grim Ace

May 20, 2010
I know Yahtzee was joking but seeing videos of this game being played and loving bad movies like I do, I seriously would try and get playings of terrible games like that in theaters while in costume.

Clearly, my summer is broken if I think that's a good idea but I'm already making the necessary calls.

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
The POOR HEDGEHOG - how can you, Mr. "Heartless" Croshaw!!!!

The "Plan 9 from Outer Space of Videogames", just great, for that I can totally say: WE NEED!!!

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
Well, if it helps Yahtzee any, I think that 90% of AAA games feel like expansion packs on a previous title with another story attached to them.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Neronium said:
Kargathia said:
Legion said:
Can you imagine it?

How could one make an inferior copy of this game of all things? I mean only thing I could think of is a bluray disc holding a 16KB picture of biker that was drawn by a 3 year old...actually that sounds better than the game already. XD

OT: I remember the owner of Game Anyone put up a bounty for someone to do this game, and now I see why he put up that bounty in the first place. Poor xXKurantXx...>.>
The only way to make this worse, is to improve on it - but not enough to make it past mind-numbingly mediocrity.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Campster said 'The Last of Us' wasn't as amazing as 'the man' said it was either, fnah, fnah, fnah.

I kid, i'm just not into modern 'adventure' titles. Still, if Yahtzee doesn't like Pikmin i'll burn down Australia.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Oh, goodie, it's on Steam, too. So now hundreds of goons can buy this as gag gifts for each other, like they did for Bad Rats.

I gotta say, if it weren't for Steam Greenlight, it might be quite profitable to purposely make a terrible game and then find some established Let's Player to "promote" it on the Something Awful forums, and then wait for the next big Steam sale. This game can still get away with it because it came out of the AAA industry and thus has a free pass.

Hutzpah Chicken

Mar 13, 2012
This doesn't sound so much like a Plan 9 from Outer Space (Yahtzee's idea, that is. The game is at the same schlock level.) but more like a Rocky Horror Picture Show idea. Everyone should buy this crap and make it game of the year. Really fuck with the marketing branch.

CrazyFikus

Mar 20, 2009
Shjade said:
No, Superman 64 is just so bad it's horrible. It's not even fun to watch someone else suffer through playing it.
Actually, there is a pretty well made (though still in progress) Let's Play of Superman 64 by ProtonJon. You can check it out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7PlY_7TSJA&list=SP6537A2F60C44CF57

Back on topic, yeah, the game is a special breed of so bad it's good. Youtube is gonna have a field day with this one.

SuperScrub

May 3, 2012
Oh Yahtzee you know we can't stay mad at you even when you rip of stuff we like. Especially when you rip of stuff you'd have to be blind to like.

AgentLampshade

Nov 9, 2009
And my work has it as the "Game of the week" for about 3 weeks now. I keep hearing advertisements and chuckling.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
I'll admit I never heard of this game, but upon googling and watching YouTube of it's gameplay I wish I hadn't. This looks like something that could have released on the PS2. It seems there was an idea behind this game, but whatever it was got lost somewhere along with the story and plot. They never recovered either of them so continued to make the game. What's left is very bland and ugly to look at.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
klaynexas3 said:
I really hope next week is SMTIV. Come on Yahtzee, you've liked Atlus games before, give it a try.
He's in Australia, so he can't. They get pretty much the same treatment as Europe when it comes to Atlus. Maybe worse.

OT: Just watched some gameplay. It's... it's beautiful...