Zero Punctuation: Risen 2: Dark Waters

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Pirates rule! In fact, I'm going to make it a personal quest to buy every single pirate game I can get my hands on, just to show the gaming industry that THEY can be just as popular as ninjas or zombies, who are freaking overrated at this point!

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Furioso said:
Bravo Yahtzee, that ending bit was absolutely fantastic "Playing the hits while you play God" nearly made me spit out my drink, and I nearly missed the "Sector 7G" Simpsons reference
So the game he reviewed had a semi-orginal concept (for an RPG), but crap execution. Pity, I expect more from games on Steam.
And yes, the Half-Life bit @ the end was damn funny! I caught the Simpsons reference, and loved the "bow-ties on test subjects" message. Did any of you guys catch the WATCHMEN allusion in the song request?

RipRoaringWaterfowl

Jun 20, 2011
Loving the jokes about Dave Cameron, and that Half-Life stinger at the end was hilarious.

"Security Guard Calhoun, stop banging on the door. We know your there; we just don't like you."

I've been thinking of people who would be better as the Dj in Tropico 3 than Juantio; you might just be it. Just like Cave Johnson.

Volstag9

Apr 28, 2008
That ending video was amazing. I just have to say it.

Oh yes... and the rest was good too.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Ah man, now I have to watch The Pirates of Dark Waters.

What time is it!?

Nostalgia time!

Ah man, now I have to watch Adventure Time!.

UtterTramp

Oct 29, 2009
Holy cow. Tune the f**** intro music down. Seriously. The volume levels are ridiculous in this. I have to turn it down every time I start it. Not fun.
Other than that I had a good laugh. Good job Yahtzee!:)

XDravond

Something something....
Mar 30, 2011
Yathzee is good when your sober, when drunk he's just brilliant and impossible to not laugh at when hearing....

OK I'm wasted, so what is the difference between wasted and drunk? ;-)

On the review quality and game I have no idea I might get back to you when I sobered up for minimum 10h...

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Tharwen said:
Terramax said:
Great ending Yahtzee. Some game developer really does need to hire you as a writer/ voice actor for their games.
Did you read the thing about him being considered as a writer for Duke Nukem Forever?
Nope. Sounds like a good idea though.

WhichDoctor

Feb 17, 2009
I've played the Risen 1 demo, shame it doesn't seem like they solved any of the problems that game had in the new one. Makes me wonder what they spent all the time on.