Zero Punctuation: Saboteur

Mathak

The Tax Man Cometh
Mar 27, 2009
Was that an 'Allo 'Allo reference there? Whadyaknow, Yahtzee has taste in series.

thisisyournamenow

May 7, 2008
JaredXE said:
Supp said:
Megametalwolf said:
what you said about the irish is very offensive man, you show your british colours with this you fucking english ****
Except, Yahtzee is Australian.
He's a Brit stuck in Australia, but he's not wrong in his description of the Irish. Actually go to Ireland, most of us are functional alcoholics.
i am irish and i find that offensive to the core and so should you, if you have any pride

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
lol, well not surprised. I have seen my friend playing this game and it sounds about right...

Nice way to kick off after the holidays, lol

dietpeachsnapple

May 27, 2009
I am forced to wonder how many more world war two games the gaming industry can squeeze out before people stop buying them?

The suggestion of "writing a new war," falls onto the double bladed sword of "Yes, but then it is just an analogy for WWII," and "There have been hypothetical wars written about, but they all include power armored space marines."

sizzle949

May 4, 2009
Megametalwolf said:
JaredXE said:
Supp said:
Megametalwolf said:
what you said about the irish is very offensive man, you show your british colours with this you fucking english ****
He's a Brit stuck in Australia, but he's not wrong in his description of the Irish. Actually go to Ireland, most of us are functional alcoholics.
i am irish and i find that offensive to the core and so should you, if you have any pride
I think pride, refering to pride in ones country, usually means that they can listen to these stereotypes and not take offense because they are confident in their national identity and knows that this is just a joke. I don't get offended when I see stereotypes of Canadians as just being hockey watching, beer drinking, passive aggressive pansies. Same thing for french people who watch this. If they are proud of their heritage (i'm 3/4 acadian french but don't really care), stuff that some random austrailian game critic says to get a couple chuckles isn't going to have them up in arms.

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
Yahtzee has finally realised the wisdom and greatness of RTS! Maybe I should get Company of Heroes.

DBlack

Jul 16, 2009
I hope you had a Happy Christmas Ben, its good to see your back at it!
Happy New Year everyone!

xLANKYx

Aug 1, 2008
Megametalwolf said:

And im betting french people are guna be offended by his comments about them, the scots are guna be offended by him blowing scotland off "the map", the brits are guna be sad cos no one likes them.

i like how instead of just calling him a "****" you call him an "english ****".... very telling that is.

ribonuge

Dec 7, 2009
JaredXE said:
Supp said:
Megametalwolf said:
Why does your profile say you're from America and yet you say "most of us"? Do you know everyone in Ireland ?

OT: Yahtzee you ignorant piece of shit. That was uncalled for - you essentially spent the whole fucking review ripping on Irish people, with stereotypes that most others rarely even find funny anymore. If you're going to review a game pull your fucking pants up and find more material rather than just shoving in a load of racist bullshit.

With that said, the game does seem like an ultra-hybrid of lots of others. I'll pass.

Knifewounds

Nov 18, 2009
aww what, did a Frenchmen steal your first girlfriend, and nows your change for revenge against the entire race of smelly mime like people. "laugh" I kid really, but you should consider your self lucky you live 1000's of miles away from the french. Live anywhere near driving distance from them and they'll bombard your house with they're smelly cheese.

thisisyournamenow

May 7, 2008
well i find it offensive because what he said is used by most british as a factual statement and has been the bases of oppression for the irish people for years. so thats why

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Megametalwolf said:
JaredXE said:
Supp said:
Megametalwolf said:
Oh please, go to Dublin's temple bar district any time after 5 and you'll see I am right. Having actual pride means being confident and being able to laugh at the little things.

And remember, stereotypes are only stereotypes when a significant portion of the population behaves that way; there is always truth in stereotypes.

ribonuge

Dec 7, 2009
xLANKYx said:
Megametalwolf said:

And im betting french people are guna be offended by his comments about them, the scots are guna be offended by him blowing scotland off "the map", the brits are guna be sad cos no one likes them.

i like how instead of just calling him a "****" you call him an "english ****".... very telling that is.
If your country had had half of the hardship ours has had, you would not say that. It's quite insulting when a Brit is racist towards Irish people considering that your country pretty much enslaved ours.