Zero Punctuation: Saboteur

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
Mezzamine said:
As a half-Frenchman, half-Brit, I must strongly take offence with this review and will never be watching another...oh, who the hell am I kidding? Good review as always, although personally I stay away from WW2 games (and really war games in general) like the plague anyway.
So according to his logic, you must hate yourself?

Powerman88

Dec 24, 2008
Seriously, Yahtzee can't go half a review without taking a crack at America, but no one cares. Second he takes a poke at someone else hes a racist. Just dumb. Great review.

thisisyournamenow

May 7, 2008
Machines Are Us said:
Supp said:
Megametalwolf said:
what you said about the irish is very offensive man, you show your british colours with this you fucking english ****
Except, Yahtzee is Australian.
Please tell me you are joking.

ShadowsofHope said:
I would have cared less.
You wouldn't have cared less.

Megametalwolf said:
this is getting extreme its time we wrote an email to the escapist to get that video removed or an apology from them for such racist comments in a video been aired/posted etc
So it's OK to mock the Americans, Japanese, Chinese, Germans, English, Scottish, French, Belgians, Australians, Africans and pretty much everywhere else, but as soon as it's your country there's a problem?

nope any kind of attack on any people is bad and angers me, yet i have seen no-one from those country's saying anything about it and im not going to bring up the problem as its not my land, if they did i would back them up.

im talking about the escapist and my day to day life

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Megametalwolf said:
this is getting extreme its time we wrote an email to the escapist to get that video removed or an apology from them for such racist comments in a video been aired/posted etc

im calling on all irish brothers from the land of ireland or from other lands to PM

also any help or postive input from those that feel for this cause is also cool

"i would do the same for any injustice on any other people"

comments made against his racism is an act of defence
I love how you are offended by Irish stereotypes and then turn into the stereotypical "Angry Irishman". He bashed the French and the Brits too. It happens.

My Partner is half Irish and I'm half Iranian. In the family we joke about our son growing up to be a terrorist or a demolitions expert. I laugh every time I go around her fathers and they are serving potatos. No one takes offence. Get over yourself. There are more important things than which bit of rock you were born on.

As far as opression, it comes from Empire. Every nation that amassed any amount of power did horrible things to the surrounding nations. Thats humans, we don't play nice. At the same time you have to let it go at some point.

You don't get people on side or change their views by saying "You (insert nationality here) ****".

You educate them. Give them information and facts. When people go on about the middle east I just give them some of the background, western involvement etc. Most westerners don't seem to know but still have an opinion. I won't bore you with it here.

It's nice to have an adult discussion about race, its a shame it had to happen on a ZP thread.

Spinozaad

Jun 16, 2008
The review was good, but the replies are even better!

Seriously, all the Irish are wife-beating drunkards, just like the French are cowardly weasels with smelly cheese, the Poles are alcoholic illegal immigrants taking our jobs, the Germans are autocratic imperialists bend on conquering the world, the Spanish are lazy, the Italians are incompetent in practically everything but building cars, the Dutch are constantly smoking pot in their windmills and yadda yadda.

And of course, all Americans are fat idiots who can not think for themselves.

Everyone knows this. Duh.

lobotoja

Nov 27, 2009
Continuum said:
xLANKYx said:
Continuum said:
xLANKYx said:
Megametalwolf said:
what you said about the irish is very offensive man, you show your british colours with this you fucking english ****

And im betting french people are guna be offended by his comments about them, the scots are guna be offended by him blowing scotland off "the map", the brits are guna be sad cos no one likes them.

i like how instead of just calling him a "****" you call him an "english ****".... very telling that is.
If your country had had half of the hardship ours has had, you would not say that. It's quite insulting when a Brit is racist towards Irish people considering that your country pretty much enslaved ours.
dont play that card with me, if i wanted to i cud find loads of instances where the brits/english where fucked over by various countrys. very few if any "old" countrys dont have a past which includes hardship, the irish hardship is just more recent.

the brittish/english people have themself been pretty much enslaved at some points in history so dont try & use that as if its unique to the irish.

the only differance between irish hardship & any other in the british isle's is time.
Ok, but my point is that your country enslaved ours for many many years. Your country even changed our language! My family were quite prominent in winning independence for Ireland from the British, so yes I will play cards. Ireland never did anything to the UK, and if they did, it was in retaliation.

Don't get me wrong I have absolutely nothing against British people whatsoever, but in the past your country did oppress Ireland and saying otherwise is a lie. So it is quite insulting when British people are racist towards us. If you disagree fair enough, I'm not really that bothered trying to change your mind to something you can't understand.
Hmmm Its not the British its the English that are devious bastards that use every possible ugly trick in the book to fck and steal from other countries, they robbed India, china and Africa, and they are still doing it... only now its called entrepreneurship, we buy crops from African warlords and sell them guns so they can steal more crops for us to buy for pennies... and did you ever wonder why the Polish were the third biggest contributor to the allied forces in terms of solders and they seam to be always absent in all "western" cinematographic or gaming production... Is someone trying to hide the fact that they sold their allies to the communists after the war... SCUMBAGS!!!!!!!!!

civver

May 15, 2009
Review something else other than a sandbox game. Your complaints are starting to get about as creative as said genre's features.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Megametalwolf said:
Chill, man. He's Yahtzee, you can expect him to be a dick at times.

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
While I do agree with the majority of this review, this is still one of my favourite games of the year. I 200%-ed it [100% Story, 100% Freeplay] and I had fun the whole time.

To me this was a 6 or 7 out of 10, which to me means buggy, redundant etc... but fun for someone, in this case me. I know most who play it will not enjoy, but it was avec plaisir that I went through this game.

Funny review though, well done.

lijenstina

Jun 18, 2008
Yeah the Magnificent Omnipotent Empire of Trollandia. :p

They rule Teh Interwebz Kingdom with an iron fist :D

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
Im probably not playing this game anytime soon but i sure laughed hard at the review :D :D
Go GO GO YAHTZEE :D

p.p: Yahtzee care to do another Irish accent review? :D

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
Wow, the Irish are a bunch of kill joys aren't they? Does Yahtzee hate the Irish and wish them nothing but death? No. Was Yahtzee the one who walked into Ireland with guns and hatred. No. Now please get over it. You may be passionate about Irish history but don't take it out on someone who has no beef with you. Or someone who runs on pure awesomness.

Anyway, that Irish gag was hilarious anyway.

I actually hoped for a 2009 awards ceremony? Can it be dealt with in Extra Punctuation? I loved the 2008 version.

ThePirateMan

Jul 15, 2009
Snowalker said:
Wow, just woke, up, not a bad review. I guess my initial decision was correct, don't buy it, it looks boring.
One thought poped up in my head here: Wait, you take his reviews seriously?

But nevermind that.

Was entertaining, as most of the time.

ribonuge

Dec 7, 2009
Machines Are Us said:
Continuum said:
Don't get me wrong I have absolutely nothing against British people whatsoever, but in the past your country did oppress Ireland and saying otherwise is a lie. So it is quite insulting when British people are racist towards us. If you disagree fair enough, I'm not really that bothered trying to change your mind to something you can't understand.
A country can't enslave another country.

People from Britain enslaved people from Ireland, not because of where they were from the country but because they were that kind of people. Associating the people of Britain today with something their ancestors did is more racist than a stupid joke made by a game critic.
You're right it was people from Britain (England). In order to generalise that I said country... I'm sorry for my lack of specification.

However you completely disregarded my second paragraph. I have nothing against British people and have never made any racist remarks about them. Your taking words out of context. That annoys me.

scumofsociety said:
Continuum said:
Gah! That's not the point. History has extreme importance for some people. This particular piece is only important to me because my family were involved, so it's a touchy subject. If there is one stereotype that I think the Irish can be held to - it's pride.
Maybe, and for a lot of people it means fuck all, you're free to get angry about whatever you want, just don't be surprised when a lot of people turn round and give you an earful back for the reason stated. Not that you gave anyone an earful, yours was an intelligent and reasoned post, which is why I responded in a similar vein.
I see your point clearly. Forums are not the place for these sorts of arguments at all. Case closed :)

ghalkhsdkssakgh

Jul 16, 2009
Disaster Button said:
Mezzamine said:
As a half-Frenchman, half-Brit, I must strongly take offence with this review and will never be watching another...oh, who the hell am I kidding? Good review as always, although personally I stay away from WW2 games (and really war games in general) like the plague anyway.
So according to his logic, you must hate yourself?
Good point. But then, according to him, I'm too busy hating the Americans, Germans, Irish...I could be here for a while.

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
Yahtzee is probably gonna have to bring this Irish stuff up in Extra Punctuation and explain to you that your all being over sensative. Only with dick jokes. No one was like this with Blood on the Sand!