Zero Punctuation: Saboteur

thisisyournamenow

May 7, 2008
Harmondale2 said:
Megametalwolf said:
Harmondale2 said:
Megametalwolf said:
what you said about the irish is very offensive man, you show your british colours with this you fucking english ****
Hey Michael Collins, the fight for independence is over? So seriously quit your bitching. I'm Irish and do you see me complaining? I can't help but laugh at the funny accents and guinness jokes, you know why, because its a "joke". Its not racist unless theres genuine hatred behind it. We're always making jokes about guinness and the funny accents where I am because its all so rediculiously untrue. Lighten up dude. Are you even Irish for that matter?

On a side note, I hate most of the americans that come over here, why do they need to yell everything? and I've honestly been asked if leprechauns exist... god save us all...
yes im irish full blooded born of the land, im sorry but its that type of talk that gets the iish into this, have some pride mate. oh and by the way if you look through my post you will see a clear cut reason.
Pride? are you seriously one of these people who thinks theres something so special about you just because your irish?(or iish as you put it) There is nothing special about you or anyone else, we're all just people, being irish or french or british dosn't make you better then anyone else. People thinking their "better" then another group of people is how real racism starts! So really your more of a racist then any joke making comedian here. Am I right people?

did i ever say i was better than anyone else no get your facts right, so me being full of pride is a racist thing

Mr.Lucifer

Nov 1, 2009
I thought he liked AC2. Hw aobut for once, you play a wehrmacht soldier fighting red soldiers on the eastern front? That'd be a refreshing change for once.

Maur DL

Boredom Slayer
Jul 8, 2009
I wasn't expecting this to turn into a half racial debate. Valid points on the defense, it can be offensive, but it also could be said it's an overreaction. I think the key difference here is that he was making a joke no one should take seriously as opposed to one that relies on being at someone else's expense.

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
zelda2fanboy said:
Fittingly, the only people defending the Irish on this board are either American or Irish.

America: Oppressing minority groups and then later embracing them to a uncomfortable extent years later - since 1776.
I'll admit I was fairly suspicious of the Irish when I learned the Americans like them, A LOT, but to be honest I think it's just a bunch of stupid Americans who completely blew one aspect of Irishmen's personalities (assuming everyone in Ireland, and indeed any country are all uniformly one personality, which is wrong) and made a bunch of statues of them with the gold they like so damn much. (And used so much that gold is now over-priced, and is no longer a safe haven for the first time in human history. The Americans have managed to even ruin gold. Well done.) So I can hardly get angry at the Irish for drinking beer and making stories about rainbows when it's mostly just the Americans being idiots.

Now you said that only the Irish and Americans have defended the Irish, well I'm Canadian and I am defending them because I don't see why I shouldn't. The way I see it, the British invaded, oppressed them, and then called the OPPRESSED AND POSSIBLY VERY MISERABLE Irish stupid for drinking. Because it's so out of the ordinary for people to drink when they're depressed/oppressed. I don't really know the history of the area, but I'm not a fan of invaders calling the invaded country stupid. It sounds like a tactic to convince the voting public that it's justified. It sounds like imperialist propaganda.

Zaydin

Mar 2, 2009
Pyromaniac1337 said:
Went a LITTLE bit overboard with the Nazi territory there Yahtzee. They didn't control ALL of Europe, and technically Italy controlled most of North Africa.
They only controlled it until they screwed up so bad that 30,000 British troops captured 200,000 Italian troops out of like 250,000 Italian troops total. Italy screwed up so badly the Germans had to intervene.

lobotoja

Nov 27, 2009
fraser123 said:
lobotoja said:
fraser123 said:
Harmondale2 said:
Megametalwolf said:
Harmondale2 said:
Megametalwolf said:
what you said about the irish is very offensive man, you show your british colours with this you fucking english ****
Hey Michael Collins, the fight for independence is over? So seriously quit your bitching. I'm Irish and do you see me complaining? I can't help but laugh at the funny accents and guinness jokes, you know why, because its a "joke". Its not racist unless theres genuine hatred behind it. We're always making jokes about guinness and the funny accents where I am because its all so rediculiously untrue. Lighten up dude. Are you even Irish for that matter?

On a side note, I hate most of the americans that come over here, why do they need to yell everything? and I've honestly been asked if leprechauns exist... god save us all...
yes im irish full blooded born of the land, im sorry but its that type of talk that gets the iish into this, have some pride mate. oh and by the way if you look through my post you will see a clear cut reason.
Pride? are you seriously one of these people who thinks theres something so special about you just because your irish?(or iish as you put it) There is nothing special about you or anyone else, we're all just people, being irish or french or british dosn't make you better then anyone else. People thinking their "better" then another group of people is how real racism starts! So really your more of a racist then any joke making comedian here. Am I right people?
Very true, you sir have a point.
There is nothing special about anyone you are all from the same gene pool yes it sickens me to think that I?m in the same species as you, you Megametalwolf you bloody moron, this guy that started this whole argument makes me feel ashamed to be in the same species as them, no not because they are from a different place as me but they are so unrelentingly stupid. I really do not care if you were offended if you are too childish to realise that you should get the hell out of my internets until you can speak to us adults.

Now if nobody minds I have to go oppress some Irishmen.
areryou brithish...otherwise there is no explenation to no tgetting it except MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you British? Otherwise there is no explanation to not getting it except MORON!
Now that been fixed, yes I am British well English actually but for national identities sake I am British and there is an explanation other than ?MORON?, it?s that us people with brains realise there is nothing to get just a pathetic little man who thinks he is special wining because someone insulted him ,and does not know how to respond other than swearing and shouting about it on an internet forum for a comedic games reviewer, you are propagating the stereotype that Yahtzee brought up, with that reply but believe me, it?s not hard to join us enlightened beings. All you need to do is re watch the video and when he says ?Irish people are thick? (or something along those lines) laugh think oh well that was moderately amusing rather than ?urgh me been insulted errr ....... I must inform the internet about this they care? and thus spoil the conversation for the intellectually superior people whom were not bothered by this video in any extent.

Now Fuck off you knuckle dragger I don?t care if your Irish Swedish Bosnian Serbian your still a **** learn to laugh.
well... you still a cocksucker and me being a **** at least can play with my self... hows that spunk aftertaste work for you, english puff...

JetstreamGW

Oct 28, 2009
JaredXE said:
Supp said:
Megametalwolf said:
Except, Yahtzee is Australian.
He's a Brit stuck in Australia, but he's not wrong in his description of the Irish. Actually go to Ireland, most of us are functional alcoholics.
i am irish and i find that offensive to the core and so should you, if you have any pride
So are you trolling or are you just an enormous pussy? Do you even know what you're watching?

If you're easily offended you should not be watching anything Yahtzee's ever done.

teknoarcanist

Jun 9, 2008
See, this is just unfortunate for Pandemic. I remember this game being announced and shown in Game Informer some ridiculous span of time like two years ago--at which time, all the various hackneyed sandboxer elements we've since seen would have been unique and sort of groundbreaking.

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
Fronzel said:
Was there even this much of a stink the four or five times he's made fun of America?

Lonan said:
I'll admit I was fairly suspicious of the Irish when I learned the Americans like them, A LOT, but to be honest I think it's just a bunch of stupid Americans who completely blew one aspect of Irishmen's personalities (assuming everyone in Ireland, and indeed any country are all uniformly one personality, which is wrong) and made a bunch of statues of them with the gold they like so damn much. (And used so much that gold is now over-priced, and is no longer a safe haven for the first time in human history. The Americans have managed to even ruin gold. Well done.) So I can hardly get angry at the Irish for drinking beer and making stories about rainbows when it's mostly just the Americans being idiots.
Gold statues in America? I must live in the wrong part.

Anyway, the whole "Americans like Irish" thing probably comes from Americans with Irish ancestry (of which there are plenty). Taking possibly too much pride in "the old country" is something that happens to some Americans.
Sorry, it's that Glen Beck I think who's pushing gold prices through the roof, I just added that in because I was pissed about it. It was very emotional, and I know there are no gold statues in the U.S.

As for taking pride in the old country, my suspicion is that it's more then that. In the mid-19th-century the Fenians (Irish living in U.S.) tried to invade Canada. I simply wonder how much that has to do with it. Judging by many Americans on the internet, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a fair bit.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
lobotoja said:
well... you still a cocksucker and me being a **** at least can play with my self... hows that spunk aftertaste work for you, english puff...
Funny that you thing homophobia still works when it's not the 70's.

Also, I don't really think it's healthy for you to know about someone's sex life unless you're a participant... good Lord.

Harmondale2

Nov 18, 2009
fraser123 said:
lobotoja said:
fraser123 said:
Harmondale2 said:
Megametalwolf said:
Harmondale2 said:
Megametalwolf said:

Very true, you sir have a point.
There is nothing special about anyone you are all from the same gene pool yes it sickens me to think that I?m in the same species as you, you Megametalwolf you bloody moron, this guy that started this whole argument makes me feel ashamed to be in the same species as them, no not because they are from a different place as me but they are so unrelentingly stupid. I really do not care if you were offended if you are too childish to realise that you should get the hell out of my internets until you can speak to us adults.

Now if nobody minds I have to go oppress some Irishmen.
areryou brithish...otherwise there is no explenation to no tgetting it except MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you British? Otherwise there is no explanation to not getting it except MORON!
Now that been fixed, yes I am British well English actually but for national identities sake I am British and there is an explanation other than ?MORON?, it?s that us people with brains realise there is nothing to get just a pathetic little man who thinks he is special wining because someone insulted him ,and does not know how to respond other than swearing and shouting about it on an internet forum for a comedic games reviewer, you are propagating the stereotype that Yahtzee brought up, with that reply but believe me, it?s not hard to join us enlightened beings. All you need to do is re watch the video and when he says ?Irish people are thick? (or something along those lines) laugh think oh well that was moderately amusing rather than ?urgh me been insulted errr ....... I must inform the internet about this they care? and thus spoil the conversation for the intellectually superior people whom were not bothered by this video in any extent.

Now Fuck off you knuckle dragger I don?t care if your Irish Swedish Bosnian Serbian your still a **** learn to laugh.
Hear hear!!! Nice to see some sensible people on the internet! Why do we even bother arguing with these people? They never learn...

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
The thing about the Nazi's are true. But what really grips me is that he played Company Of Heroes, I thought he hated RTS's.

A great, funny review as always.

cjackson92

Mar 6, 2009
It's ok Yahtzee, I know that every time you bash on the US it is because you wish that you had moved there first. :)