Zero Punctuation: Scribblenauts

Rickmanguy

Sep 2, 2009
I gave the game a go and got bored fairly quickly. The ability to spawn everything was a novelty and nothing more. It was fun for a few hours, but then the controls began to show how truly bad they were and I ended dying a fair few times.

Good review. I might trade the game in, I dunno. It still has its moments of fun, it isn't entirely awful.

Ammadessi

Oct 6, 2009
mikecoulter said:
I actually quite liked this game...
So did I, but really I watch Yahtzee for the comedy, not for game recommendations. If I refused to play every game that he said was utter crap, I'd have nothing to play.

Mertruve

Feb 9, 2009
Amazing review. Say what you want about the game it is highly addictive. Nothing better than conjuring God and Cthulhu and watching them duke it out.
Wha? That's the most boring thing in the game. Google Fight is more fun.

Jan 21, 2009
I find it interesting that a Yatzee review -Yes, funny, but unbiased?- has convinced so many would be buyers to avoid this game. If the initial idea appealed to you, buy the game. If it seemed silly or you had doubts from the beginning, don't buy it. Kinda like in the old days.

MissAshley

Jul 20, 2009
First off, yes, yes. . .I really wish the physics were better. But at least if there's a sequel, I'm confident it will be the biggest improvement.

Secondly, Yahtzee is onto something here. When you can have everything it IS hard to think of anything. Scott over at VG Cats wasn't too jazzed by the game, either, so I think there's a trend going here: The more creative a person is, the less able they're able to enjoy Scribblenauts due to an inability to rein in their creativity.

It's not a lack of imagination for some people; it's an overabundance.

chaosraiden

Jun 26, 2008
Cthulu!!

Surprisingly enjoyable review :D

Huge Boulder? OMG A Giant Rock! (Please be other YGO Abriged fans here)

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
This one actually made me laugh heartily, been awhile for me since any ZP elicited more than a snicker from me.
I want a flapping duck sandwich.

spikevamp

Dec 25, 2008
If I owned as DS I'd probably still give this a go, sounds a little bit like entertainment.

Especially seeing as one of item spawn is Cthulu...Cthulu = infinite levels of brillance

Mokagogo

Sep 24, 2009
Any thoughts on the indie effort 'Crayon Physics Deluxe', Yahtzee? I'd like to know how you think it stacks up, and which if any of your criticisms of Scribblenauts might apply there. I enjoyed it.

DarthNobody

Aug 5, 2009
I find myself not wanting to believe you're right here, Yahtzee. I mean, popping up anything you want (almost) in a puzzle solving quest on a handheld system? It sounds like a recipe for win. But, then I remember that pretty much any game I've ever played that you've reviewed I've agreed with your finer points. Oh well, I don't own a DS anyways and it was a hilarious review. Looking forward to next week!

Mother Yeti

May 31, 2008
He claims there aren't any racist terms in the game; have we already forgotten the whole "sambo" controversy?

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
You made some incredibly valid points that I really do agree with; however, I still think Scribblenauts can make for a rather fun toy/time-waster when one has about a half-hour of free time and is too tired to do much else.

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
It is always stars, the game atleast tried something different...was "fun" for all of an hour, then agreed, all the puzzles are easily solved.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Heh the Parkinsons(sp) line cracked me up, I always enjoy that type of humor.

VargRaev

May 13, 2009
The "Like a retarded Rhino on a jetskater" made me laugh uncontrolably...

Great review!

sramota

Aug 1, 2009
Great... A DS game... Because that's what I'm dying to get, a kiddie game for a DS...
Thanks..
Next week can we get a game anyone cares about and actually on some level talks about... And likes?

The whole general pleasure of ZP is based around liking games and being informed you're an idiot for that while at the same time being tossed very rational and clever arguments to why.

Scribblenauts on a DS doesn't fill that definition. At all.

For help since you seem stuck:

Final Fantasy 7
Planescape: Torment