Zero Punctuation: Serious Sam 3: BFE

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Little slow to post this to the pages eh :p Good thing I found it in the Latest Content.

Mighty Ball Smack eh? That's one way to do it.

vviki

Lord of Midnless DPS
Mar 17, 2009
Yep, you've got that right, I bought the game and no one else of my friends even bothered to try it... I still loved it, though!

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
Ah, too bad he didn't "really" like it; but he didn't hate it either (oh my gosh). I still can't play this game yet because my PC is so very very crap. This makes me sad since I've beaten Serious Sam TFE and Serious Sam TSE many times.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
"When he instant kill the gaint spider enemy, it look for all the world he's knocking their skullplate off with a single swing of his might ballsack"

That need to be put on a T-shirt (well a shorten version) now!!

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Great review for a great game. So glad to hear the gray guys get phased out a bit because when I was playing it I couldn't help think they were out of place a bit. I've just had to assume that the crappy "running through buildings with people like enemies" section is supposed to be some sort of reference to modern shooters, but its more frustrating then anything and almost made me give up at one point. Then I got to the open section with unlimited rockets and a massive spacecraft beaming down waves of enemies and I gleefully remembered why I liked the 1st game.

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
I suspect this is one of his "stash" reviews (ones he partially finishes and sets aside to be pulled out at a moment's notice). I figure we'll get a Year In Review video once the effects of too much champagne and cookie-dough buckets are cleared out.
I quite enjoyed this one, though

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
Did 2011 Shooter season bully itself into 2012?
Any way, I was curious about this one.
Now I know it exists.
So... there is that.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Luckily, I got Serious Sam TFE and TSE HD editions 75% off back in May 2011. They were also put 90% off on Steam's holiday sale while BFE was 50% off for being "new" and not as crowded as Skyrim or Modern Warfare 3.

I'm not sure who chooses the sales, since Duke Nukem (will) Forever (be known as a letdown) got lots of sales. If it's Croteam who made the sales, then that sure is nice. If Valve's Steam team decided the discounts, then it might be about the Metascore or something.

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
I was kind of hoping for another Top and Bottom 5 of 2011 - I even scribbled down a list guessing his selections.

agoran

Sep 8, 2009
I was really looking forward for Yahtzee to do a Zero Punctuation on our game. I was also terrified it will make me cry.

I didn't cry, so I guess that went rather well :)