Zero Punctuation: Shadow of the Colossus

Kingsman

Feb 5, 2009
WHOO! He finally reviews a game I actually have!

This one looked like it was just gonna fly under the radar, and it's gratifying to see it finally get its just desserts.

Evil the White

Apr 16, 2009
Never played a perfect game? Taking back what you've said about Portal now, eh?

KingPiccolOwned said:
The end line was epic XD

Though I wonder if Yahtzee isn't going to do a Civ 5 review since he seems to hate strategy games so much. Though that's real time, not turn based.
Starcraft is real time...

oogabuga

Sep 20, 2008
I like that you rip SC2 apart when the escapist gave it a perfect score for a different review.

o_0

hawk533

Dec 17, 2009
Not to mention that the game is so immersive that I almost cried when one of the characters "died" (Not the main character or any of the colossi).

I laughed at the "Twoo Wuv" part. Again I am reminded of Princess Bride. "Mawwaige is what bwings us hewe today."

robotam

Jun 7, 2010
That was one of my favourites, I like it when he talks about a game he actually likes.

The only part I didn't like was at the start when he told me he was a sorserer.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Man, I was hoping for a Split/Second review, as he said a while ago that he had been playing it. But still, now I want to go out and pick up this game to play... and a PS2 to play it in... if only so I don't get attacked by the people who love it so much.

And here's looking forward to no Starcraft 2 review from Yahtzee.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Damn... that was good. Cool review, it seems the game is so good it pleases everyone. Too bad i have no PS2 anymore... but when i do i shall buy it. I liked the joke about the photo copier.

SatansBestBuddy

Sep 7, 2007
Shocked you didn't comment on the story, but I agree with you're final opinion of "Damn Good."

We need more Damn Good in the world.

YonderTunic

Mar 4, 2010
"and it's just damn good. Damn damn good good damn good damn damn....good."

That was a lot funnier than it should have been.

JackRyan64

May 22, 2010
You upgrade stamina by shooting things in the overworld? I thought it just went up by itself. Huh.

Anyways, fantastic game and fantastic review. For a game with little plot it really touched me emotionally.

Especially when Agro seemingly died.

Clay More

Jul 12, 2010
Wow the review came out the day I started to play this game again! Anyway its one of my most favourite game and I really couldnt stop playing it just to see how next collosi will look like :D

bossfight1

Apr 23, 2009
Now I feel kinda bad for selling my copy.

But then I really struggled with the FIRST boss fight, and the final boss was damn near impossible to beat without having to beat him then going to buy a controller that wasn't mating with the wallpaper.

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
Great review, but I have a gripe. So many of the best-rated games of Yahtzee's reviews are console-only. One of the many reasons I love sandboxy games like "Fallout 3" and "System Shock" is because they make a nice contrast to the 4x4 lift-shaft of a room that I live in. And considering my living quarters, I'll be jiggered if I have to actually go out and 1) buy, and 2) find space for a separate machine for gaming, when I have a perfectly good PC that can do the same thing plus a helluva lot more handy stuff that a console most definitely CANNOT do.

Is this available for PC? Are any of the "Silent Hill" series or the "Prince of Persia" series, since Yahtzee seems to like them so much? Or do I have to start the cable-switching console nightmare that passes for "easy gaming" nowadays in order to play this stuff?