Zero Punctuation: Shadow of the Colossus

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Maybe I should play this or something... I still have a working PS2. :eek:

Good review, and an unexpected one at that. :)

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
It's in my top 3, that's for sure. I'll go back to my PS2 often just to replay.

Damn damn good.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I'm tempted to go buy that game now... and wondering how long Yahtzee will keep throwing the SC2 can suck it jokes into reviews...

Necator15

Jan 1, 2010
I meant to play this game for the longest time, but never really gotten around to it. Now I feel as though the effect would largely be lost on me because of everything I've heard about it.

Solusumbra

Apr 23, 2010
you could expand your grip gauge by shooting lizards? how did you figure that out, read it in a strategy guide? that does seem incredibly arbitrary....

i loved shadow of the colossus, but it didnt have much replay value for me.

Shinigami1016

Feb 19, 2010
Great.... Now when I say my favorite games are Silent Hill 2 and Shadow of the Colossus my nerd friends wiil just say "You Poser!! You just like those games cause Yahtzee told you to!"

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Didn't see this one coming... mostly since it's 5 years old. Oh well.

I think most people have played it by now.

04whim

Apr 16, 2009
Next week, I demand Flower (it's not like he's got much else to do, and if I recall, he recommended it to Ebert saying Shadow of the Colossus was like jumping in at the deep end before your first bath but i could just be making that up although i still say its a good point).

Although I admit I was kinda surprised to see it, but not really that surprised that he would retro review it when all said and done... still want to play it but it's still around 30 pounds last i checked :(

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
I like RTS's, but mainstream RTS's like Starcraft 2 I don't even bother with, because they're the same generic no strategy ironically realtime strategy game. In those there's more concentration on which unit you should spam. Go play Ground Control, most new RTS's are stealing from its idea bin anyway.

Decabo said:
Men and women both have X chromosomes. Just thought I'd clear that up.
Thats true, but women have two X chromosomes and men have one.

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
Evil the White said:
Never played a perfect game? Taking back what you've said about Portal now, eh?

KingPiccolOwned said:
The end line was epic XD

Though I wonder if Yahtzee isn't going to do a Civ 5 review since he seems to hate strategy games so much. Though that's real time, not turn based.
Starcraft is real time...
That's actually what I meant, that it is real time strategy he hates, but I am not so sure about turn based strategy, or at least the Civilization franchise in particular.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Alfador_VII said:
I really have to try to find this game. It's just not out there any more unless I spend silly money on Ebay for a probably scratched disc in a broken box.
I got mine for $15 at a nearby game stop, I think they still have a few copies at that much too.

supagama

Lord High Raggamuffin
Jul 25, 2009
Stabby Joe said:
Didn't see this one coming... mostly since it's 5 years old. Oh well.

I think most people have played it by now.
most people with a ps2.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Dammit... now I have to buy this game...

I've always been curious... but with that many goods and damns... It's gotta be a keeper.