Zero Punctuation: Shadow of the Colossus

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
damn i braced myself for the worst too! nice to see he likes it as much as i like it! \o/

Furious Styles

Jul 10, 2010
I'm so happy, its my favourite game by a country mile and I thought he would tear it a new one.
Nice to know he can appreciate good things... now if he'd only reconsider his oblivion review.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
You know what? I was just thinking that I'd really like to see a retroactive review from Yahtzee. My favorite reviews are always the ones where he really liked the game he's reviewing. Now he just needs to review Deus Ex and I'll be happy for at least a good solid week.

Neino Ranatos

Jul 12, 2010
I would like to join Yahtzee in his "no to Starcraft 2" club house. I may play some RTS games, but I'm not going to bother with it just because its so popular. I'll stick to my old Westwood Studios RTS games, thanks.

And I have to agree that SOTC was a "Damn Good" game. If only we could have more "Damn Good" games...

GammaZord

Jan 26, 2009
"[Fighting a SotC Boss] is a game-playing experience that clicking your marines over to the Zerg stronghold can't really match."

Straw-Man much, Yahtzee?

valentingalea

Jul 17, 2008
Just so everyone knows:
Shadow of the Colossus is perfectly playable on the PC (medium/hi gaming rig) using PCSX2!

Just finished it myself about 1 month ago.
It's not just a game, it's an experience! :)

stueymon

Aug 29, 2009
Kapol said:
Man, I was hoping for a Split/Second review, as he said a while ago that he had been playing it. But still, now I want to go out and pick up this game to play... and a PS2 to play it in... if only so I don't get attacked by the people who love it so much.

And here's looking forward to no Starcraft 2 review from Yahtzee.
Yeah i was hoping for Split/second too, I'm really curious whether he'll tear it apart or love it.

Personally i think it's great fun!

wkrepelin

Apr 28, 2010
I really liked this one. It's nice to see Yahtzee praise and manage to still be highly comedic. I'd like to see more reviews like this.

rayskyrift

All that is man
Oct 29, 2009
See this is what Yahtzee should be doing more of, this (almost) retro review was great. He should stop almost forcing himself into doing new games all the time, and maybe every three weeks just pull something like this, some game you would find at Gamestop now for five dollars it's so old. This was probably his best one since FF13.

Feystar

Jun 19, 2010
I must admit I agree with him on the Starcraft 2 front, I just don't care about RTS games all that much any more and can't be bothered with all of the hype around it.

Never played shadow of the colossus, probably not going to. But it's nice to see there's games out there that he doesn't hate.

Artinam

Jan 5, 2008
Unfortunate you won't give Starcraft II a try, its more then /build 10 billion marines /move to zerg base.

Especially SCII who for me was very immersive. Don't understand your gripes about Strategy games, its like your compare all shooters with doom or Quake. 'ZOMG enemies run at me and I shoot them and they go dead' the game. The only strategies you reviewed were a weak Halo console strategy game(a shooter made into a strategy game) and a crossbreed adventure game.

Shadow of the Colluses looked nice, nice review overall.