Zero Punctuation: Shadow of the Colossus

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I've heard that this game is good, but have never looked into it. If Yahtzee likes it, it has to be good. I think I'll give it a try.
Funny review, as always.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Fucking hell everyone the guy doesn't like RTS games, leave him alone. If he doesn't want to review SC2 then live and let live.

As for the SotC review, it's a shame you couldn't comment on the story more. There isn't really much you could say without giving away major spoilers though so it's understandable. Nice to see you reviewing an older game ^_^

Breaker deGodot

Apr 14, 2009
Odjin said:
Isn't this getting a bit boring if you roam through empty space (in the sense of only landscape) and flooring 11 or whatever number of bosses there are? I mean what after that? Is this game really only 11 boss fights and that's it (well, except the lizard shooting he mentioned whatever this actually is).

Before packing out fanboy ranting keep in mind I didn't play that game (as I keep consoles as far aways as I can as they are unhealthy to games... see *cough*DX:IW*cough* and others) and am just asking a simply question upon seeing the description in the video and other saying mostly the same about this game.
First, it's sixteen bosses. Second, no, it isn't boring, but only if you are good at thinking outside the box. The story is extremely simple, but if you think about it, it's truly deep and moving. However, if the player is unable to read beyond what they are looking at, they'll find it a bore.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
There aren't enough damn damn damn good good damn good damn good good good games out nowadays. The nearest we have now are the likes of LIMBO.

Geoffrey42

Aug 22, 2006
But... but... I love Kinder Surprise! And it wouldn't be so bad if you got one of the giant, ostrich-egg sized ones!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Unusuall aggressive snooze button...I love it XD

Great ep, and, I agree. Love the game!

cauby

Apr 27, 2010
holy molly,didn't see this one coming!I loved shadow of the colossus.And I like Starcraft II,but I won't nag yahtzee saying "REVIEW SC2 PLEAAAASE!".I respect his taste for games.

Iscin

Schism Navigator
Sep 8, 2009
I think Yahtzee may have just risked losing a chunk of his viewership by disrespecting RTS gamers. Silly, silly man.

Lexxi64

Aug 10, 2010
Wasn't expecting this to be reviewed, but hey, I'm not complaining! I've actually been wondering whether to buy this or not for a while now. I'll give it a try seeing as yahtzee likes it. I should really complete my other games before buying more though. :3

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Why is everyone parroting that "damn good" thing as if it's somehow funny? I thought he used it in a self-sarcastic way as to say "hey, I couldn't think of a better way to close this, so fuck you"...

Anyway, I adore both SotC and SC2...so Yahtzee can SUCK IT!

Supp

Nov 17, 2009
wildcard9 said:
Long, gameless summer, Yahtzee?

Review League of Legends! It's free, popular, and very newbie friendly!
Which is another way of saying its a low skill rip off of a more popular game.

Rogthgar

Aug 18, 2008
Burningsok said:
Rogthgar said:
Boring and pointless, whats it going to be next week Crash Bandicoot?
HEY, I think it's time Yahtzee reviewed some older games. that way we can comment on what game we want him to review next instead of picking the obvious new game that just came out. Plus I get a bit of that nostalgia feeling.
Just reeks of him choosing a retro review instead of SC2, because it's SC2.

I think he actually mentioned, wayyy back, that he reviewed stuff on public demand so it didn't feel like constant self-indulgence. Fair enough if lots of people have asked him to do this one, but why now and not the times when he's reviewed stuff like Singularity or Duke Nukem Forever?

Well good for you, you get nostalgic. But I don't think this review is that funny, of course the broadside RTS players (like me) get in the beginning does set the mood.

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
Markness said:
RTS is for the thinking man, first person is for the adrenaline junky, I hope you will reconsider.
No. Turn based is for thinking, Real time is mostly about which unit you should spam the most, ESPECIALLY Starcraft 2. In Real time you have no choice but to just make the best unit over and over and send them to your enemy to kill them, all the strategy is gone by late game, but in turn based you have to consider which threats your going to face, what your opponent is going to do and what position your troops should be in for best effect. Some RTS's do this like Ground Control of WiC, but they don't get the attention or sales they deserve.

Rogthgar said:
Burningsok said:
Rogthgar said:
Boring and pointless, whats it going to be next week Crash Bandicoot?
HEY, I think it's time Yahtzee reviewed some older games. that way we can comment on what game we want him to review next instead of picking the obvious new game that just came out. Plus I get a bit of that nostalgia feeling.
Just reeks of him choosing a retro review instead of SC2, because it's SC2.

I think he actually mentioned, wayyy back, that he reviewed stuff on public demand so it didn't feel like constant self-indulgence. Fair enough if lots of people have asked him to do this one, but why now and not the times when he's reviewed stuff like Singularity or Duke Nukem Forever?

Well good for you, you get nostalgic. But I don't think this review is that funny, of course the broadside RTS players (like me) get in the beginning does set the mood.
No, he said he doesn't like RTS's and doesn't see why its attractive, he's reviewed RTS's before go look at Halo ODST, just looking at that he'll probably reference it alot in a Starcraft 2 review and it'll just piss of your fanboy's about how much he doesn't like it. Use common sense, he's a smart man, if he see's something he doesn't like he ignores it, he's always been annoyed by the butthurt for few RTS reviews. He said he does it by popular demand in a review for a FPS, not a RTS.

Believe me I'm an avid RTS player and they were some of my first games, but seriously the majority of the strategy in mainstream RTS's is just "build best unit over and over then send at the enemy"

Neino Ranatos

Jul 12, 2010
GeekisKhan said:
Neino Ranatos said:
I would like to join Yahtzee in his "no to Starcraft 2" club house. I may play some RTS games, but I'm not going to bother with it just because its so popular. I'll stick to my old Westwood Studios RTS games, thanks.
It's popular... therefore you're not going to play it? That is terrible logic, and I hope you never get to play a good game ever again.
Let me rephrase.

I'm not going to play it because I am not interested in it. The argument that the game is popular and that everyone else thinks its great will not change my opinion whatsoever.

aerumna

Nov 12, 2009
This review made my day. Love to see an Eternal Darkness review, but I suspect Yahtzee didn't like that game.

mervellious

Nov 21, 2009
He's been doing this for a long time...and frankly who honestly cares? He doesn't strike me as the kind of reviewer who does this for the number of viewers