Zero Punctuation: Shadows of the Damned

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Wow... just... wow. How Freudian can you get?

Also, the concept of someone going into Hell to rescue their girlfriend sounds awfully familiar...

CyricZ

Sep 19, 2009
It's funny. People seem to be focusing on the "boner" joke (or "boner boner" if you use archaic terms), but what you need to realize is that this game is completely riddled with slightly immature gags like this. Like EVERYWHERE. It almost stops having an effect after a while.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
let said:
I was still expecting sonic colors like you promised us way back in you're iphone games review, How long does it take to make a sonic colors video?
Uh...actually, you should go back to re-watch that video, because the reason he did it was because he decided after two levels that he didn't want to review Sonic Colors and he "needed another week to play Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood". He never said anything about promising to review it, so...I suggest you stop waiting for it.

Anyway. Good review as always. Been waiting for Yahtzee to do this one simply because of how it was made by the guys who made Resident Evil 4, Killer7 and No More Heroes.

SoopaSte123

Jul 1, 2010
Halfway through I seriously questioned whether or not this was a big joke like his first Duke Nukem Forever review. I'm stunned that it's not.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Shirastro said:
Hang on a minute, is that weapon actually called "A big Boner" or is that just Yahtzee being Yahtzee?
It really Is.

I will get this game. Just for the one part where the gun gets bigger and you wave it around trying to impress all the ladies.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Colour me intrigued, I'll definately keep my eye on this but I still haven't got LA Noire either so I'm probably more likely to make that my next purchase.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
GreatTeacherCAW said:
Suda never fails me. Well, close to never. Outside of NMH being on the Wii
You realize it's on the PS3 now as well, right? And the 360 if you're in Japan.

scienceguy8

Sep 1, 2008
SckizoBoy said:
'Antiques Roadshow'...?!?!

How BBC a reference can you get?!
Well, he could always reference a giant porcupine looking for a man named Dinsdale, or a creature in racing coveralls and a helmet that does nothing but race cars and stand imposingly, arms crossed, feet shoulder width apart.

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
Throbbing is a verb.

I had never heard of this game until now, but based on this review alone, will probably get it. If not on release, definitely soon. It sounds like a lot of genuine fun, even if it is a bit insultingly simple.

Saying that, it's not like I'm want for things to do already. Last year I bought maybe 2 games of the dozens I really wanted, and now they've all crashed into bargain bin prices on Amazon, I have a busy schedule of gaming ahead of me. During university term time. Yeah.

Fuck.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
This was a first-day-buy game for me, and I was really looking forward to the review.
Sort of expected the outcome too =)

Jon N|A

Jun 2, 2011
I was looking forward to a "Trenched" review this week since he's a Tim Schafer fan ... Well, I guess him not reviewing it means he liked it ...

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
Sounds like an interesting game, great review as always Yahtzee.
The Giant boner sounds awesome.