Zero Punctuation: SimCity

walsfeo

Feb 17, 2010
DataSnake said:
Honestly, I'm impressed their word filter is complex enough to catch something like "Dogbollock". It's just a shame they didn't put that effort into something less pointless.
I wonder what his town actually ended up being named? If it turned down Dogbollock I would have tried other dubious names like Tadgertown, Reacharound Metroplex, or my favorite: Scroatville.

Cpt. Slow

Great news everybody!
Dec 9, 2012
I wish Zooey Deschanel would kick my door down and take me to a roller rink. And then I would remember that I'm useless on roller-skates. *sigh*

Groenteman

Mar 30, 2011
What you cant name your cities what you like?? Booh, allmost as bad as Civ V where I cant give them silly names at all...

+1 to the allready long list of reasons not to buy simcity 5. The list of reason I should buy it gets poo map though, making it a total of 2 things. The other being curvy roads.

karma9308

Jan 26, 2013
This was probably one of my favorite ZP videos. I haven't laughed that hard in weeks.
"Fucking Sold!"

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
I'm actually an extrovert and I'm usually one to tell people to STFU when they say random games need multiplayer, like Dishonored for example.

nodlimax

Feb 8, 2012
GoddyofAus said:
Can't wait for him to review Bioshock Infinite. He's going to struggle to find something to be negative about.
Don't be so naive. The game has a lot of weaknesses. Sluggish controls, invisible walls in certain areas to block you from progressing to spots where you're not supposed to go yet and some other things as well...

The game is fun but not perfect.

On topic: well done review. This piece of poo doesn't deserve anything better.

Gameguy20100

Sep 6, 2012
GoddyofAus said:
Can't wait for him to review Bioshock Infinite. He's going to struggle to find something to be negative about.
This Is Yahtzee remember you could send him gold and he would complain that its heavy

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Perhaps SimCity(2013) was a very expensive way to market Sim City 4.
I'd guess sales of Sim City 4 would have accelerated as a result.

Like how Sims 3 inadvertently promotes Sims 2.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
Was it me or was the ZP unusually slow this week. No that I am complaining or anything since I laughed hearthily throughout the most of the video. Mothra-Godzilla routine at the end was the icing on top really.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Wow, Yatzee seems really aggravated/disappointed in the first half of this. He's the way he was in the old/classic reviews!

On the bright side, it seems like The Binding of Isaac has joined FTL, DayZ, and hardcore Minecraft (in backwards chronological order) in his list of games he likes to "scrub" himself with to perhaps bring in rage/achievement to push the hatred of other games/services out.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
Atmos Duality said:
Yeah....the controversy exploded about three weeks ago.
And every single problem discovered only made things worse; the traffic AI, the DLC buildings and Terraforming tool found in the game client, the fact that EA and Maxis flat out lied to everyone about the difficulty of including an offline mode patch...

Kind of stole Yahtzee's thunder.
agreed, while it was a good video it was too late to be as funny as it could have been

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
bafrali said:
Was it me or was the ZP unusually slow this week. No that I am complaining or anything since I laughed hearthily throughout the most of the video. Mothra-Godzilla routine at the end was the icing on top really.
Yeah, it's been a long time since I've heard Yahtzee as apathic as he seems now. Usually he's slagging off the game of the week with gleeful contempt, but this time he's much more resigned. It's probably because SimCity was such a disappointment that even Yahtzee's famously low expectations were violated.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
The one thing this game has over SimCity 4 is that it?s not ridiculous difficult in SimCity 4 even on easy I required a guide to make sure I didn?t go bankrupt i do freely admit that it?s likely that I?m just bad at SimCity 4.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
GoddyofAus said:
It didn't take him much to find stuff to nag about in the previous games. Give me the game, a few hours to play and I probably can point out quite a bunch of flaws myself.

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
Jeeeeeeeeezuss.

Not since Sonic Unleashed has he been that angry at a game.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
This 'Calm' Yahtzee always manages to scare me.
It's like he's not even angry, he's so deeply dissapointed and sad that he can't bring himself to show anything but his dissapointment with a medium that he loves and finds joy in. Really, it's just tragic.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
I was kind of hoping he would skip over this game, since everything negative there is to be said about it was already said by everyone else on the planet within the first week it was out. Mostly I've just been eager to see him do a look back at System Shock 2 now that that's available again. With Irrational's latest game out, this would have been the perfect time for it.