Zero Punctuation: SimCity

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Gameguy20100 said:
GoddyofAus said:
Can't wait for him to review Bioshock Infinite. He's going to struggle to find something to be negative about.
This Is Yahtzee remember you could send him gold and he would complain that its heavy
Yup, I say that describes Yahtzee pretty well. Hell, his review of Shadow of the Colossus was positive and he STILL found things to complain and nitpick about.

But would you really have it any other way with him?

OT: Yeah, normally I don't like to jump on the EA hate bandwagon, but I definitely side with the with them here.

Full

Sep 3, 2012
Holy crap, that was one of the best ones in a while! He seems to have taken a different pace with this one.

"THY TOWN HATH TOO MANY GAYS

GONNA BURN THY HONKY ASS"

Saika Renegade

Nov 18, 2009
I snickered immaturely at the regular mention of poo maps, no pun intended.

It says a lot that having seen this programs's operation ('game' and 'play' would be too generous a choice of words, I feel) versus the already mentioned SimCity 4 and indeed, prior SimCities in general, I find myself more amused by the version where I could have what I will retroactively consider Giga Bowser trampling a line of dwellings from one side of the city to the other. Heck, I had more fun with Sim Farm and that was both substantially narrower in scope (and appeal) and yet more of a simulator than this dribble.

Wonder if the EA ship will sink soon, what with stock price drops going.

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
Man, this game really is just one giant train wreck. I hope it can be saved somehow though, for the sake of the players.

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
The Lugz said:
how is it i always manage to avoid all these gaming pitfalls?

oh, right the origin badge! heh..

'sigh' ship sailed years ago but people were too blind to notice tbh
It's because, like me, you have a special gene that allows pattern recognition and makes you immortal unless someone cuts off your head with a sword. We could of been good friends..... unfortunately we must fight now! ENGARDE!

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
dharmaBum0 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I haven't played a SimCity game in years...

Maybe I should get 4, since that's widely considered as one of the best?
You'll hear from a lot of old-school SimCity players that say 2/3000 was the pinnacle of the series, but I don't quite understand why. SC4 did everything those games did better and did it's own things well too.

SC4 still has an active modding community, and still manages to look pretty good (minus the silly portraits of the advisers). A big complaint is that it's pretty hard, which it is at first.
I think the grid in 2 and 3000 were easier to manage but I like 4 the most.

Also 4 requires a bit of dilly dallying with processor priorities so that it doesn't random CTD without warning.

scorptatious said:
Yup, I say that describes Yahtzee pretty well. Hell, his review of Shadow of the Colossus was positive and he STILL found things to complain and nitpick about.

But would you really have it any other way with him?

OT: Yeah, normally I don't like to jump on the EA hate bandwagon, but I definitely side with the with them here.
Probably has to do with every game having problems that need to be pointed out so that people can learn from them.

Every. Single. Game.

Even Shadow of the Colossus

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
Saika Renegade said:
Wonder if the EA ship will sink soon, what with stock price drops going.
Actually their stock price hit its nadir last august and has been rising since. It's still no higher than it was after the 2008 crash though. There is hope that with John Riccitiello gone we may see a smarter CEO in charge. Completely abandoning DRM is too much to hope for but maybe they'll think twice about gutting the core game in order to implement it.

Namechangeday

Aug 13, 2012
Man, I think I may need a steam bath too. But I need to sort out my wallet first.

I seem to be running into coincidences these last two weeks since my brother started playing SimCity 4 recently and I come and see this.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
And now I finally know what a "bollock" is. I have never felt so British.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
snekadid said:
The Lugz said:
how is it i always manage to avoid all these gaming pitfalls?

oh, right the origin badge! heh..

'sigh' ship sailed years ago but people were too blind to notice tbh
It's because, like me, you have a special gene that allows pattern recognition and makes you immortal unless someone cuts off your head with a sword. We could of been good friends..... unfortunately we must fight now! ENGARDE!
you know what? 'kneels' end it all, i see no hope anymore all logic is gone from this land.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
I have been WAITING for this one. Thank you.

Course, I'm always waiting because I enjoy ZP as a series.

And I wish to give a hearty "Thank You" to EA for releasing Sim City 2013. They showed me how to have lots of fun.

With Sim City 4 and Tropico 4. Two much better games.

Thanks EA!!!

ConanThe3rd

Jul 3, 2012
I was under the impression that you couldn't name your City "Dogbollock" because that is what the server is called, as I have convinced myself to be the case.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Ahh this Vid was the cherry on top on the SimCity controversy thank you Ben. I also fully agree with the Introvert vs Extrovert comments in regards to multiplayer at the end.

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
Ok, my favorite ZPs are usually the ones of games Yahtzee actually likes (Saints Row 2, Minecraft) but this was one of the best in months.

Fordo

Oct 17, 2007
great ep. The best part is I feel like watching has given me closure, or at least something to laugh about with the madness which has been sim city.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Can we get a poo map of EA? I want to watch John Riggatoni flow away. Bye bye John!

dochmbi said:
The game hasn't been cracked yet (you can't get a working version from TPB) and it's already been 3 weeks since release, so the DRM is actually working quite well. Oh and Assassins Creed 2 took 6 weeks to crack because it also had a completely new kind of DRM.
Except you've failed to factor in how many people the DRM has turned away. In my case, EA should consider the DRM to be a failure, not a success, because it only managed to make me keep my money in my wallet.