Zero Punctuation: Singularity

Jul 22, 2009
I really enjoyed this game.

It was better than most FPS' out now and had a vaguely interesting story and gimmicks.

'tun the enemy into a baby, give him a grenade to suck on and throw him at his buddies to show you mean business' xD

Also this games sales were horrendous... I recommend people to buy this game, the SP is great and the online is surprisingly fun.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Since Yahtzee already knows what I'm going to say before I say it, I'm not going to bother saying it because I've already said it and he knows I've said it and oh crap now I've gone cross-eyed.

CyricZ

Sep 19, 2009
Wow. Can we make laws that people who write for video games have to have actual writing experience and can show credible work?

And I just realized that saying that I didn't mention that my target was not Mr. 'Tzee, but the people writing this video game he's talking about.

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
A really great vid in a while, I have a huge urge to play Singularity now, it kinda slipped under the radar for me =/

Rasputin1

Don't panic
Apr 6, 2010
Very good review as per usual. Yahtzee's videos never fail to entertain me.

All the people getting put on probation never fail to entertain me either.

gjendemsjo

May 11, 2010
Agreed, the the plot twist could have been so much better(if they at least tried to hide it).

Great review Yahtzee, definetely made my day.

DoomBlackDragon

Sep 13, 2008
I laughed very hard from this review. While I had never planned to buy/rent this game. You do point out that the plot was bad and game play was bad just as I figured. At less I saw this one a mile away.

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
I'm wondering if I'm the first commentator who's actually seen the thing being commentated on (and therefore the first to not be reported. Which seems likely anyway, given the previous five or six. Anyways...)

This actually sounds quite interesting (at least to an admitted System Shock fanboy). I gather, since Yahtzee didn't completely rip it apart, that the gameplay doesn't suck. Might take a look.

hawk533

Dec 17, 2009
Why did you have to bring up human centipede? I thought I had finally gotten over that. On the other hand, that may be the most appropriate analogy to the history of the FPS.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
A good review, and the plot twist doesn't sound much of a plot twist. More like something you could have worked out, or motivation you could have gotten 10 minutes in. You fucked up, go sort it. Instead at the end of the game? My word that's strange.

Calumon: Someone told me I'm like the little girls on Bioshock.

Metalteeth9

Apr 16, 2009
Wait, Singularity is trying to say something to me...
"LOOK AT ME, I AM BIOSHOCK, HEAR ME....UH....ROAR?"

I can understand knock off games. Look at Darksiders...Zelda. I think that was right game...Anyways, I can take a knock off when it is done WELL. And it sounds like this game isn't done well.

WARNING...If you have some how NOT beaten Bioshock, Bioshock spoilers be ahead.

Also...RANDOM PLOT RANT.
Developers, a plot twist should never be obvious. The Bioshock 1 plot twist was brilliant because it played with what a gamer sees as typical. Throw us in a situation, give us a guy shouting orders, and we do it. In the majority of games, the beginning of Bioshock wouldn't be anything special. No question of "why are we doing this?" It is obvious, we do it because we are playing the game. The brilliance was in how what we see as a simple act of following a game's order was the plot all along. What it sounds like is that SIngularity was trying that, but forgot that we have brains. If you put clues in to hint at a plot twist, they need to be very subtle. Sure, if you collected all the audio diaries, the Bioshock twist wasn't that big. I collected a good amount of the diaries, and I didn't see it coming. But flat out placing statues that pretty much say "Hey look, this guy you saved rules the world now. Good job fucker!", then saying the plot twist is the EXACT SAME THING...that is fail.

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
I was considering buying it because it was bundled with prototype but never got around to it. Glad to see I didn't miss much.