Zero Punctuation: Singularity

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
bushwhacker2k said:
T8B95 said:
Wasn't this game released like two years ago? Is this another retro review?
1) It was released in late June for Europe and North America.
2) Reminding you or letting you know if you forgot or haven't seen certain Yahtzee reviews: games tend to be released later in Australia than in other bigger continents.
Yeah I know he gets games later. Just re-watched the review, and read the Wikipedia page, and the game that I'm thinking of is Timeshift.

PygmyLepper

Nov 18, 2009
Holy crap. I know that exact bear, scared me half to death the first time I saw it, and that bee rollercoaster, the most boring 40 seconds of my life!

Oh wait what? Singularity, oh yeah. Can people make a FPS that isn?t generic anymore? I?ve yet to see much evidence.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
Russian voice actors guild! yes! hahaha

I've been commenting all the time about how there are way too many games lately where you fight Russians. I thought the cold war era of paranoia was over?
In addition to the games you pictured, MW2 and BFBC2 both pit you against Russians in fictional realities.

Enough with the damn Russians already! At least in STALKER and Metro, the main character is Russian as well, so it doesn't feel as blatantly xenophobic (plus those games were developed by Ukranians).

Was that guy shooting down Buddy Holly with a rocket launcher? haha

I had high hopes for this game from the initial teasers, but now that I've seen several reviews, it seems like my hopes were misplaced :(

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Funny review, but I'm still getting this game. Turning people into dust sounds fun. I'll decide myself if it's better than Wolfenstein.

Rayansaki

May 5, 2009
Rasputin1 said:
Very good review as per usual. Yahtzee's videos never fail to entertain me.

All the people getting put on probation never fail to entertain me either.
Yeah me too. I don't usually comment on his vids, but love to open the comment page anyway just to check what bullshit people said in an attempt to be the first in the list before they even had time to watch the vid :D

TheAdam

Jul 21, 2010
Yahtzee I enjoy your reviews and I'm really looking forward to you ripping on Little big planet 2 in late november.

Matt-the-twat

Sep 13, 2009
'Get your biggest tampons ready, because I'm about to be a ****'

Is one of my new favourite Yahtzee lines.

John47

Jul 19, 2010
i passed it too it was atleast more than half decent maybe i would give it a score about 70 the bosses were epic and the textures of the enemies are done briliantly i even noticed some very small thing in the textures that i liked example the zeks(the blue guys) have this extra flesh that is on the part of the uniform they wore before beeing mutated well its not easy to explain .the first type of mutants (actually the first enemy you see in the game) have some very awesome directed events(with all the other monsters) the bosses were kickass espiacially this brute guy with some metal plate covering a couple bits of his heads and a giant flail plus atleast the weakness of the monster is not as easy as in other new games example batman arkham asylum you only need to throw a batarang at the brute bosses you meet a crapload of times in the game and he slams into the wall and ready for you punching the hell out of him or in the new wolfenstein luring the flesh like brute mutant to knock out columns of a building or gears of war where the berserker is blind and you need to lure him to knock out doors well in singularity you atleast get to effin kill the brute like boss the mechanics of this game were kinda poor maybe for alot of things the monsters that are blind and can only hear in this game are almost impossible to pass by them undetected if youre searching for something usefull so the most efficient way to deal with them is a shotgun to the face because theyre eassier to kill then the other mutants in the game so theres no point of sneaking past them or the way enemies know that youre behind a wall when they never even saw you or when you begin a map infront of some enemies standing with theyre backs turned to you and even the guys walking and looking at you that are nearby dont see you so some enemies are completely retarded and some can see through walls nice balance plus theres really not much stuff to age and renew in this game with the tmd well some little things in this game are mastered and others are just plain crap probably that's why this game didnt get much recognition. also there's no explanation how this did not become a completely overrated piece of crap that halo is i mean halo is less than decent saying the word halo is making me vomit because its too overrated and its not even fun or have good gameplay mechanics but every(almost) rewiever is sucking halo's big stiffy goddamnit

Arjen Swellengrebel

Feb 15, 2010
Hardcore_gamer said:
Why doesn't Yahtzee review fighting games like Super Street Fighter 4 or Tekken? I have never seen him review one.

And as for the game's story, all stories involving time travel are typically crap so don't be to hard on this game in that regard.
You've probably already heard this, but in his Soul Calibur review he said that he doesn't "get" fighting games. So yeah, that's the reason right there.

akkuma420

Jul 14, 2010
Bioshock did rip off Fallout..... I never put those 2 together before....... and Fallout 2 is like my favorite game ever.
I knew there was a reason I didn't really care for Bioshock.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Did not need to be reminded of Human Centipede.

Also, my name is Hank, so his "Big Hank" comment startled me a bit. Now I know how all the Adrians felt when he reviewed Braid.

BlueHighwind

Jan 24, 2010
If I could travel through time I would do three things:

1) I'd make sure that evil director Richard Kelly was never born.
2) I'd build anti-aircraft guns on the roof of the World Trade Center.
3) Destroy Lavos.