Zero Punctuation: Skate 2

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Oh god. Tea tray.
I giggled. Nice reference to Uncharted with the white supremacy bit.

EDIT: Also the opening was gone. Dun dun dun.

And hell, I laughed more at this review than the last six or so, so good job.

Powerman88

Dec 24, 2008
Wednesday at noon is the highlight of my week. I do not know if that's a complement for Yahtzee or a statement on how sad my life is.

t3h m3ss1ah

Aug 13, 2008
Haha, awesome review ZP, one of my favourite and also favourite games, nice you can see that people can like it if they are good (me :D)

Black Ice

Dec 6, 2007
"Do a late cockslap."

On a serious note, I've never seen him talk so little about the game he's reviewing... which is fine, since I watch it for the humor, but I felt like only 1.5 of those 4 minutes was actually about Skate 2.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Cool, no intro this time. Anyway skating games are to me all the bloody same. I'd rather just throw on that naked one that was released a few years ago and save myself the hassle.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
What happened to the intro?? Anyways funny as fuck (if fuck can be considered funny :D)!

NO I AM NOT ON FIRE made my day ^^

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
No startup music? Oh well, like he said, this game is really for skateboarders, otherwise you really wouldn't have much of a clue of who the celebs are in the game, or know what the tricks you are supposed to be doing. I personally didn't enjoy this one quite as much as the first skate, but it wasn't without its splendor, a solid rent!

jazzar

Feb 18, 2009
Added venom today? Also no intro.

I like how Yahtzee's getting back into his old comedic ways, I've laughed a lot more at his 4 or 5 more recent reviews. Nice one!

beddo

Dec 12, 2007
That was fantastically funny, not so much in a laugh at loud way but in a almost trying to be mad at kids but really I know I have my own weird subculture way.

LesIsMore

Jul 22, 2008
Not a bad review, but certainly weaker than last week - though part of that is because I'd never play this game for two reasons, 1) it's a skating game and 2) it's on the Playstation 3. I just wasn't into the topic and for the first minute or so he didn't seem to be either. I did appreciate his more critical point at the end of the review though as to who this game is intended for.

Also, and probably an issue that messed with my overall experience - where the hell is the opening music?

Specter_

Dec 24, 2008
carsenere said:
though the lack of an intro came as a nice unpleasant surprise
I hate kick-starts, also I didn't mind the lack of advertisment at the end.
Apart from that, nice one.

Orekoya

Sep 24, 2008
Uhm, the intro? Whatever, fun review anyways. Never heard of Skate 2 so really couldn't get too concerned about it.

Zabadack

Mar 22, 2008
Never really got in to skate.

I agree though it's good they haven't dumbed it down, It's not a game
for me but it's nice to see something out there you have to actually learn
to be good at, most games now are so stupidly easy to play i've found myself
going back to nes games just to keep some interest.

oh yeh good review yahtzee's awesome etc.

Volucer

Sep 4, 2008
The no intro bit oddly threw me a bit...dunno why, just wasn't expecting to press play and go straight to review I guess.

greyhairdgamer

Mar 12, 2008
YAY!!!!!!! no intro
great review as always, i love the reference to rockband (stuck on that same song too, 84% every time)

JimbobDa3rd

Sep 21, 2008
To be honest i was hoping for something a bit better, I still love it, but as its the first sporting game he has done I was hoping for some very funny jokes as for each genre a new type of humour is needed but besides mentioning how fiddly it was (which he has already done in other reviews) and talking about cops (a tangent of mirrors edge authority thing) it was all pretty bland. Having said that Im still waiting for the days he returns to his peak, like last weeks

Shadow Law

Feb 16, 2009
I also find it funny that in a world revolving around skating the cops have absolutely nothing else better to do then chase you for having fun.

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
"i kickflipped onto the rail, grinded to the end, backflipped, cured all the worlds diseases, and still found myself 600 points shy"

i pissed myself laughing when i heard this.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Great review, although Skate 2 isn't something I was ever interested it, at least it confirms my suspection Skate 2 is mainly for people who enjoy skating in their daily life.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
VaioStreams said:
"sixaxis to wave your willy around" brilliant
Its was just pure unadulterated genius.

Powerman88 said:
Wednesday at noon is the highlight of my week. I do not know if that's a complement for Yahtzee or a statement on how sad my life is.
I have mixed feelings about Wednesdays now, as as much as I love the video, the thread its in always annoys, in that three/four people make an account just so they can get the first post, and are subsequently banned. Its small and trivial, but to quote Peter Griffin, it really grinds my gears.

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
No intro... very strange. Don't really care about the game, though -- but the review was still amusing as usual.

Also looks like there's six people up for the banhammer this week :)

(And I finally found out what local time these get posted... usually I'm not even awake this early in the morning.)

taiki

Nov 21, 2007
Yahtzee is a little confused. Skate 2 is pretty US Centric and thus from a country with NO free health care.

...which I guess goes to show exactly how retarded American skaters are.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
I almost smacked my gob when I saw Yahtzee reviewing a skating game...

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
I'm still wondering if Yahtzee will ever review Mother 3.

Still, this was an entertaining review. I never was that interested in skateboarding.

Mromson

Jun 24, 2007
I seriously hope the intro comes back... Preferably the old ones. Also, why do I hear police sirens in the backround?!

Gormers1

Apr 9, 2008
What was the siren at the beginning? :p
Anyway, nice review, thats all there is to say...

dragonforce

Jan 7, 2009
nice work on the review. thought the ep was backwards with no intro, or some comment about not having it at the end

Dec 15, 2007
taiki said:
Yahtzee is a little confused. Skate 2 is pretty US Centric and thus from a country with NO free health care.

No, no, clearly they pay it with the social security they get for the brain damage they've sustained.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
very nice. button combinations are so, so............ah hell i'll just say it, fucking retarded. i don't want to remember a button combo to do a certain action, i just want to push one button and get it done so i can relate to Yahtzee's point on the combos

Anaphyis

Jun 17, 2008
needausername said:
I have mixed feelings about Wednesdays now, as as much as I love the video, the thread its in always annoys, in that three/four people make an account just so they can get the first post, and are subsequently banned. Its small and trivial, but to quote Peter Griffin, it really grinds my gears.
Don't read the comments then, it's a waste of time anyway in most cases and if Yahtzee is smart he will get his ego caressed by the number of page impressions rather then countless "Yeah, best video evar but the last 1000 were better you sellout" me2 posts. Picking the shiny informative pearls out of that sewage isn't worth ruining your day unless you are bored.

StormRain

Oct 22, 2007
Thank god there wasn't an intro.

Also, this was one of the best ZP's in a long time, Good work!

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Witty as always. Yahtzee should try to reveiw TRAPT. Since he seemingly tolerates old games that haven't hit the spotlight and bring something new. I can honestly say i have never played a game like trapt in my life. Except trapt.

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
So Yahtzee is stuck on GGaHT too...
I thought i was the only one, that means i'm not as bad as i thought i was

On topic - funny as always

Inuprince

Aug 12, 2008
Personally I missed the intro at the start - we just jumped right into the review - the first half of it was a bit lame ... don't know why it was just strange without it - but the second half of it was great and was enjoyable as always!

kateatsmouse

Apr 15, 2008
Wonderful as always. As someone who is good at skateboarding games, I can tell you it took me forever to get it down right, and I only did it because all I had was MoH and Tony Hawk Underground until I learned how to buy my own games.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
The mention of Spelunking made me wish that this was a review of Spelunky but he kept on talking about some sort of roller blading game or something.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Black Ice said:
"Do a late cockslap."

On a serious note, I've never seen him talk so little about the game he's reviewing... which is fine, since I watch it for the humor, but I felt like only 1.5 of those 4 minutes was actually about Skate 2.
to be quite frank, I don't think you can ramble on about the mechanics of a skating game for 4 1/2 minutes if you don't know the first thing about skating. Was a little surprised at his review *cough cough* choice, since its not exactly a game I would figure a large amount of people caring about.

Also skating games are notoriously boring *ducks behind sh*t shield*

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
LMFAO LMFAO
this was pure funny

"oh and there's a 2 because there was another one before it"

and how come there's no intro ?

Nikita89

May 24, 2008
Lovely review!

But I still can't see how Skate 2 is any different than the Tony Hawks series...?!

Joreal

May 7, 2008
Skate 2, huh? Doesn't really seem to be your territory, Yahtzee. Good to see something different, at least.

And yes, the impossible "Score 5,394,612,964,@t^,45CAPSLOCK points to progress" sections always suck.

Also, no intro! Buh-shizzle-snoochie-boochies? Also, no annoying pop-up-you-can't-get-rid-of-me-completely-ha-ha-ha ad on the video! I feel vindicated! The keyboard is mightier than the pen! Take that, Edward Bulwer-Lytton!

WarpGhost

Jan 5, 2009
When I saw the game you were reviewing I didnt have high hopes for this episode, but it turned out to be one of the funniest yet! Great job.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
I think this review confirms to me that Skate 2 is not worth my time. Apparently EA missed the boat that Tony Hawk started (and subsequently CRASHED with the release of Tony Hawk 4) and made a game mainly for hardcore skate people as opposed to the masses. Tony Hawk 3 remains one of my favorite games of all time, and sadly I don't think any skating game will go back to the linear, short run style that it did so well.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
As I'm not a skater, I don't have much to say, other that this review is pretty damn hilarious.

Now BRING ME A CHAIR.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
That is the best Yahtzee ever. I had to watch it like 20 times because I was laughing too hard and missed all the zingger goodness!

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
LesIsMore said:
Not a bad review, but certainly weaker than last week - though part of that is because I'd never play this game for two reasons, 1) it's a skating game and 2) it's on the Playstation 3. I just wasn't into the topic and for the first minute or so he didn't seem to be either. I did appreciate his more critical point at the end of the review though as to who this game is intended for.

Also, and probably an issue that messed with my overall experience - where the hell is the opening music?
The intro is back.

Ronwue

Oct 22, 2008
I liked the intro. I want my intros back. At any rate, skate reminds me of the tony hawk games. I loved those.

Thoric485

Aug 17, 2008
Never tried or plan to try the game, but the video was still amusing as usual. Felt kinda incomplete without the intro though.

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
I like it how he said he felt sorry for the cops who abandoned all other evil to catch skaters. Still, a very good review and because I am no skater myself I think I will pass on this game.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Im a skater and its not really true. Skate boarding is not like that at all.....anymore*cough*.... at least not here

A.I. Sigma

Sep 17, 2008
Could anyone else hear the traffic and police sirens in the background?

Anyway, great video as always.

LesIsMore

Jul 22, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
LesIsMore said:

The intro is back.
I have rewatched it with the intro and actually think it makes the review better - not in any sense of judgment on the music, it just fits into the overall experience of ZP.

Or in other words, "Waaaa - don't mess with my routine it scares me."

Elim Garak

Jan 19, 2008
Meh. One of the weaker reviews IMHO. Equivalent to ripping a wooden horse off a carousel, beating it with a stick, and then pronouncing it dead.

I was never going to play the game, never interested in it, and all the statements Yatzi made are quite banal. But maybe it's just me and skating games.

tustin2121

Dec 24, 2008
The intro was gone?

Great review as always. If a game has terrible controls, I would stop playing it immediately. Especially, if like Yatzee said, there's too MUCH control!

"...Triangle to breathe, Square to process air, six-axis to wave your willy..." :D

Wounded Melody

Jan 19, 2009
The part about doing all the stuff + curing all the world's diseases and still not getting 1000 points made me choke on my breakfast.
And free health care? I wish! XD

ETA: OMG I just got I AM NOT ON FIRE wtf is wrong with me today??? Well, very happy you are not on fire!

chenry

Oct 31, 2007
I just rented Skate II and I've got to say that this review is absolutely BANG ON. I am by no definition a skater.

First, I have no idea what anyone is saying, even turning on the subtitles doesn't help. I thought maybe it was just because everyone in the game mumbles. Probably had their jaws wired shut. But it turns out they're speaking audibly, it's just jibberish.

I had no idea anyone in this game is a real person, so when when everyone was like HOLY SHIT IT'S DANNY WAY! I'm totally bored and unimpressed.

I also found the game is really inconsistent in it's instructions. At one point I'm challenged to do a Hippy Jump, a finger flip, and then a late flip. The game was nice enough to tell me how to do a Hippy Jump since I'd never done one, but for the next two tricks it was a big old FUCK YOU FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF, YOU NONCE.

The bone-smashing mini game is really the only thing I'm having fun with. They're even nice enough to give you money for mangling your body, so that's great. Even if you absolutely suck at skating, all you have to do is fling yourself down a hill and fall off your board for stacks of money.

I'm positive if you're into skating, the game is OMG AWESOME or whatever they're say. "Mad sick"? I dunno. Anywho, the game is really well made, but it's just so inaccessible to me.

Uncompetative

Jul 2, 2008
Besides Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles and Battlestar Galactica, Zero Punctuation is the highlight of my week. It is that good.

FattyMcGee

Aug 13, 2008
don't know which is funnier, ZP's reviews, or all the morons bound to get banned for posting first, week after week after week

HadesWTF

Jun 4, 2008
Ever bit in this video was fucking hilarious Yahtzee. Bravo my friend. *claps*

I'm kinda looking forward to your review of FEAR 2 (if you do one that is) because I know your either going to love it or hate it based on your expectations going in. If it helps, you may love it if you take it for an unsophisticated shooter, like I did. >_>

Dustiness

May 12, 2008
That old Yahtzee charm is there, but the subject matter, the police siren in the background (which surely warranted re-recording of that section) and the shortness of the main body of the review made it feel as though the reviewer was disinterested and uninspired by a game that failed to draw in the gamer. It's understandable from the main concern he expresses, in that the game is probably good for skaters, but bad for everyone else and he himself fits snugly into the 'everyone else' column.

Personally, I found this to be perhaps my least favourite of his reviews, but not for dislike of Yahtzee or Skate 2, but simply for the chalk/cheese effect when the two are mixed.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
LesIsMore said:
MaxTheReaper said:
LesIsMore said:

The intro is back.
I have rewatched it with the intro and actually think it makes the review better - not in any sense of judgment on the music, it just fits into the overall experience of ZP.

Or in other words, "Waaaa - don't mess with my routine it scares me."
Do you need your security blanket?
/mock mock mock
Actually, though, I thought the abrupt start was kind of neat. It was a bit of a shock.

McMo0^

Dec 21, 2007
loads of peeps say they got no intro... i did :S

Anyways best review in a while i think. Kept my giggles all the way through. Gotta be honest i've played the demo and merrily enjoyed throwing my skater off ramps and into broken bones. Its also good to hear that he too is stuck on GGaHT on rock band. The rediculousness (blatently not spelt right) of it. I to would like to see FEAR 2 done. But thats for the "proffesional obligations" to decide :D

nightowlc

Nov 5, 2008
Nice review. I liked the part about skaters feeling like they are an oppressed minority fighting for liberty, rather than a bunch of masochistic twats who wear their t-shirts over their jumpers and blindside old ladies. And the game does sound ridiculously hard to play.

Miss the intro, though.

Dyselon

Oct 3, 2007
Skate 2 wasn't created for skaters, it was created for people that played Skate 1. The first game had a much more gentle learning curve, but the second one... Well, I wonder what Yahtzee's opinion would have been if he'd only played the first one.

Reidsan

Feb 18, 2009
First post, hi.

Yahtzee, the thing with Green Grass and High Tides is that it really was the only one to justify the "tapping" bit of the Rock Band guitar. I don't know if you're using that but I found that it really helped if you use both hands to do it, then you can get the fast four-note bits with both hands. For example that blue-yellow-red-yellow bit, if you put your right hand over the blue and the yellow and tap those with your first two fingers, then get the red with the left hand, that will keep you in rhythm better and make you less likely to fail. That was the bit I found most difficult, anyway, but it went right more often if I tapped it instead.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Unless I share so little with other skaters, he is very much mistaken on how we are. I'm guessing it's the first actually. All the guys at the skatepark in bristol are twats.

ampa451

Nov 22, 2008
fiat bravo? he was never that specifis about a car. besides, arent there only ford falcons over there?

Comeonnow

Feb 18, 2009
My dreams have been ravaged :( I love Skate & Skate 2.

Despite that I was really looking forward to watching this review but to be honest it barely got a chuckle out of me. Really isnt "Best Yahtzee ever!" as most of you seem to be chirping on about it being so.

The game is very hard to pick up but the most rewarding when you have it down to a t and can flow from spot to spot bustin' sickazz moves....yo'! lawl.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Powerman88 said:
It's a statement on how sad your life is.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
this was good, the last few have been lacking somewhat, still excellent but jsut not the same.

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
I never heard of the Skate games before this. It is good to know that as a non-skater I am not missing out.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
I strongly suspected that game would be like that. Although I would never have expected that complex a control scheme.

guardian001

Oct 20, 2008
I wonder if he knows he can change the camera angle at the pause menu... Anyway, still a good review. I honestly found trying to shatter every bone in my body more fun than the actual game. You just can't beat hurling yourself off a building hoping the skateboard will break your fall, which it generally doesn't.

Techni

Oct 6, 2005
I liked the review, but it doesn't restore the credibility he lost with his absolutely horrible Dead Space review

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
One of my best friends is a skater, and for him I downloaded the Skate 2 demo. We speculated as to whether Yahtzee would actually review this, and we agreed that it wasn't likely. I was quite astonished to see Yahtzee review this one. Not his best review, though; I think that not being a skater forced him out of his element by having him look at the game from a less-scathing perspective.

ElTigreNegro

Jan 17, 2009
Techni said:
I liked the review, but it doesn't restore the credibility he lost with his absolutely horrible Dead Space review
Touched a nerve it seems. Going to therapy already?

darmey

Sep 10, 2008
Of course a Fiat Bravo would instantly break down before it could reach a speed to knock down anybody's mother. HUR HUR HUR

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
The game sounds alright but they really should have a dictionary or something for all the skate and slang terms it seems.

PauL o_O

Feb 15, 2009
Great review Yahtzee, but I think you didn't really want to have fun with it. At the beginning toy made it quite clear that you didn't like skating, so I think this review was a little bit unfair. I didn't necessarily enjoy Skate 2, but the tricks weren't that hard to learn, considering there were only three of them, and I think you could've enjoyed the game if you really had wanted to.

Nikajo

Feb 6, 2009
lmao loved that XD I get the impression he was going to hate it from the word go but it still cracked me up. Skating games have never been my cup of tea to be honest. They don't involve killing anything, how crap is that?! ;-)

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
WHat happened to "I bowed to never by anything from Harmonix again?" other than that, it was an enjoyable video.
I guess the bum joke really was getting old. It was funny how he summarized it.
I agree that the game is for actual skaters mostly.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Good review, he seemed to really dislike this game. Maybe he was just having a bad day, either way I don't really care much for this game as well. I swore off skateboarding games after Tony Hawks Underground 2.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
I 'bravo' your review here because I'm seeing Yahtzee stepping outside his norm, and reviewing a game clearly so far out side his paradigms, that he once again speaks for the gaming Everyman (or woman, in my case).

It's odd how individual legs get their own button. I see games like Assassins Creed and Prince of Persia assign "legs" or "acrobatics" to one button, and it makes some sense, I suppose. But applying weight shifting and foot placement seems... hardcore! Truely a game for only the most devout. :)

Devout I am not, so I will excuse myself for something completely different. :D Enjoyed the review, Yahtzee!

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
HOW DARE THEY ADVERTISE A JRPG ON ZERO PUNCTUATION!!!
they might as well paint a dartboard on their skulls...
although in hindsight, I suck so much at actual aiming that it probably wouldn't matter if they did...

I wasn't expecting skateboarding games to be actually good, especially since there's no reason for gamers to buy them and I don't see why skateboarders would buy them since they can go about living the dream of having their necks broken by... oh, I dunno, actually skateboarding?

Maybe they're doing this because they're too busy being in the hospital to skateboard?

I honestly don't know.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
I could see how this would offend skateboarders. As for me, I thought it was indeed a hilarious perspective to consider a skateboarding game in anthropological terms.

I respect the developers were trying to put together a deep, difficult game. There's a dreadful lack of them these days - it's just easier to pander to the casual. (Admittedly, I feel a sudden urge to play that Peggle demo [http://store.steampowered.com/app/3483/] mislabeled as a free product that Steam is distributing.) However, clearly one needs to ease the player into it, and that Skate 2 apparently didn't do that tells me they could have used more tutorial levels.

ExileLink

Nov 28, 2008
Awesome review. Now that you've brought it up (that Green Grass and High tides joke was amazing), would you PLEASE review Rock Band since you actually have it?

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
ExileLink said:
Awesome review. Now that you've brought it up (that Green Grass and High tides joke was amazing), would you PLEASE review Rock Band since you actually have it?
I don't think he'll bother, as in his Guitar Hero World Tour review he said "Get this game or Rock Band because it honestly doesn't matter."

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Gerazzi said:
HOW DARE THEY ADVERTISE A JRPG ON ZERO PUNCTUATION!!!
they might as well paint a dartboard on their skulls...
It'd be ironic if they put Yahtzee to work on Persona 2 and he turned out to like it.

diocles777

May 8, 2008
VaioStreams said:
"sixaxis to wave your willy around" brilliant
Normally, I LOVE Yahtzee's penis jokes, but this one was just so-so. Maybe I've heard something similar. I'm looking forward to next week, though, when I'm sure he'll come back with more AAA cock jokes. I live for that stuff.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Well a few things

For starters I know Left Behind (never played it), I've played Uncharted (decent but unexceptional game, I don't get why Yahtzee calls it white supremist though, other than as a joke), but what is the third one that he said was about child molestation? Some Sailor Moon game? I occasionally miss out on his referances when he trots out a game as part of a joke I don't recognize.

As far as Skate goes, I'm not a Skater, but I've been looking at such games and wondering if they were something I might like for a change of pace. Humor aside, Yahtzee sort of addressed the game from the perspective of people like me.

See, honestly I think the idea is fairly cool, but it would be nice if someone was to build an open world game like this with something to do except more or less perform tricks for points and such. I don't know, like combine the premise and the controls (even if they are hard to learn) with another failed "urban" game like "Getting Up" or something and a bit of San Andreas or wild supernatural stuff to like give you something to do other than just land tricks (as I understand it).

But then again I doubtlessly miss the point of games like this entirely.

>>>----Therumancer--->

Amisbro

Nov 26, 2008
I got the intro the second time I watched it through.

Now for the review:

It was hard for me to get into this review and I dunno why. It seems to me that Yahtzee is mellowing out somewhat and possibly jumped the shark with his Farcry 2 review which was so funny I almost choked on my own air.

Its always been hard for me to get into games like Aggressive Inline or Tony Hawk personally because I think we tend to try and figure out whether or not we are making a skateboarding game or some weird version of SFII that just happens to INVOLVE skateboarding!

Come Ben we know you can do better than this so please try harder! Christ I think you'd do better ripping on Dragon Quest V or one of the Valkyrie Profile games that Tri-Ace made but then again what do I know

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Oh and apologies about writing another post so quickly here, but Yahtzee's professional obligations crack made me think of something almost Satanic.

Those of you who work for the Escapist, you know mods and such that seemingly kill the first few posts every week. Please kick it up as far as it needs to go to get Yahtzee's bosses make him review (dum dum de dum) "Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2". Knowing his professed tastes I think we will find new and innovative levels of bile within him, mixed with agonized screams echoing all throughout the Down Under.

Whoever delivers the news to him should also probably dress up like The Marquis De Sade.

This is not to say that the series is THAT bad (I actually played the first one), but for Yahtzee... well thankfully there is no such thing is inhumane treatment of contracted video game reviewers.

Oh, and while it hasn't been that long (a couple of minutes) trying to figure out what that third game is, is killing me.

DEFMan316

Aug 28, 2008
Great review, best ZP in a while. Personally, I really miss the old days with actual music for the intro and ending, rather than the current "theme" song. Half the humor of the original reviews was seeing what songs he'd use (see for example, Army of Two and Burnout: Paradise). Any chance of ditching the theme music and going back? Please??

Ryuzaki

The Public Face of L
Nov 5, 2008
A great review, laughed at the over complex controls. I got the intro straight away, wish they would get rid of the pop up ad though and just put it at the end of the video. (Then I wouldn't have to watch it) Looking forward to next weeks video.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
so he DOES have Rock Band? the first one at that? and he can't beat Green Grass and High Tides?
I'm starting to relate every day more to this guy
any tips on how to beat that godforsaken song?
specially the ending?
please?
kthx
lol
Edit: FORGET ABOUT ALL THAT NONSENSE AND REMEMBER THE EPIC MINUTE 18:50-18:58 of the 25/03/09 on GMT +01 OF STANDARD HUMAN HISTORY, BECAUSE I FINALLY DID IT!!! GOD BLESS THE SOLO BUTTONS!!!
Sorry, I reaaaaaaaaaally had to do it.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
I agree with you, the No More Heroes one actually got me to download the song just to give it a listen. But since ZP is too broadly casted, I suppose there must be some legal impediment there.
But yeah
WE WANT THE COOL SONGS BACK!

P1p3s

Jan 16, 2009
this isn't the first review I've heard for this, and another one was by a hardcore skater. Interestingly while you can discount all issue of lore (if you can call it such a thing in a skater game...ok you can't, subcultural references then) because he was familiar with all of that but he had the same issues with the controls, it seems like a memory test rather than a game.

boozeparade

Feb 18, 2009
congratulations on having the only video game review in human history to reference Oliver Reed. Nicely done, sir.

tijuanatim

Sep 24, 2008
I thought my computer glitched and it skipped the intro but after reading the comments I guess not.

Anywho, I really liked this one, alot better than the last few actually. More about the game, less about the state of gameing today. Also this one was downright funny.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
It's nice to know that Yahtzee at least understood what the developer was going for. We as gamers complain up and down that game companies make their games too "accessible" but then when a game comes out that unashamedly says "fans only, the rest of you can bugger off if you don't like it" reviewers tend to rip it to shreds. Moral of the story is that Skate 2 is in all likelihood going to be the Game of the Year for the sort of people who can tell you who won gold, silver, and bronze at the X Games but couldn't tell you who Tim Geithner is (and would probably have some trouble recognizing the name of Joe Biden.)

brainfreeze215

Feb 5, 2009
You know, I will admit I was a little worried about Zero Punctuation. It started with that thread that went up a while ago here that said Yahtzee was "Losing his edge" and I vehemently disagreed, but the last few videos were not as good as his best (though I still enjoyed them). This is a real return to form.

Rabbi106

Feb 15, 2009
Well, I like most ZP episodes, but this one wasn't as funny as some others. I giggled a bit, though.

FACT.50

Sep 12, 2007
My only complaint about this review, is that every issue he calls out (and even the ones the people in this thread have been pointing out) are all solved by simply pausing the game and looking at the pages of information on everything from terminology to exact steps to pull off every move in the game.

Tony Hawk is like an arcade game compared to the Skate series. I'm not even a fan of skateboarding but both Skate games have been tremendous fun to me. Most user friendly skating games ever made in fact. Also oneof the best sandbox types of games. the perfect thing to just kill a few hours on after work.

The controls are perfect too. Almost every major move starts with a flick of the analog stick, then a number of variables can be pulled off by pressing the shoulder buttons to grab and the face buttons to do things like kicks and such.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Haha, you knew he wasn't going to like this game as soon as you saw what it was. He didn't rag on it as much as I thought he would, but the humour was still very much present.

porpoise hork

Fly Fatass!! Fly!!!
Dec 26, 2008
most skate games are pretty much the same. go here thrash on this.. go there chip a tooth or and castrate yourself on that..

the captain

Nov 20, 2008
I have never heard a more accurate portrayal of the entire skater sub-culture than Yahtzee's most recent rant.

Next Week- Goths
Coming Soon- Wannabe Blacks

ExileLink

Nov 28, 2008
Podunk said:
ExileLink said:
I don't think he'll bother, as in his Guitar Hero World Tour review he said "Get this game or Rock Band because it honestly doesn't matter."
But it actually seems like he's trying the game, because if you make it to Green Grass, then you've pretty much unlocked every necessary song in the game. He said he resolved to not buy another Harmonix product (for a badly explained reason) in his review on GHWT, yet here he is actually playing the game and making no mention of GHWT. He has looked back on previous reviews before, and he has done many comparisons within reviews.

And he'd rather play Rock Band than Skate 2 is what I'm saying. Gimme a break.

Auron555

Jun 15, 2008
I liked this one more than most recent ones. It was an intelligent review equally comprised of flaming and opinion. Great work.

crimped

Feb 3, 2008
yes! no intro! can that shit! good review. i feel the same way about skate2 after playing the demo for all of ummm 15 minuets. now if it only had big tits in it then, ok, you got a great game!

runedeadthA

Feb 18, 2009
Unfortunately my skating skill is such that if tony hawk broke his legs he would still be better than me at it :( and my Game-Skating is roughly the same, the way for me to earned 10,000 point in the game is to do 100 ollies and a grind . Oh well Good review Yahtzee, no matter the game-type.

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
I never thought Yahtzee would have taken an interest in sports/sim games.

So basically: "Skate 2 is only for people who are already 'onboard'- no pun intended."
So basically, this review told me what I already knew...albeit in a hilariously elaborate manner.

AndresCL

Feb 2, 2009
"Awesome jokes, no intro, no ad. Simply great" - Random asskisser

(Okey, random asskisser is me)

The Immortal

Jan 8, 2009
Great video, I thought it was better than your more recent ones, but those were still good enough to get a few girlish giggles out of me.

Aschenkatza

Jan 14, 2009
Great review, every single piece of skater lingo went right over my head. =P
I can see why you only got 400 though Yahtzee, curing all the worlds diseases isn't as cool as kissing a puppy. /comfort

BTW: Anyone else notice that like.. half the front page got reported?

capnjack

Jan 6, 2009
Nice, this review actually made me laugh out loud. I absolutely love Zero Punctuation, I've watched all the videos, and this is one of my favourite ones so far. It's not my favourite, though... That honour goes to the Guitar Hero review where he says something like "I'd rather put a razor wire down my throat, pull it out of my ass and floss myself to death." I also love the one where Yahtzee says something about removing part of his spine and eating his ass. LOL

Anyway, glad to see another great review. Most people like to make a big fuss over nothing - Yahtzee obviously has talent, but some reviews are going to be worse, and sometimes they'll be consistently worse. But you can expect that for any medium that lasts long enough.

Slightly Live

Feb 16, 2009
Awesome video.

I think you managed to conjure up exactly how I feel about the whole "genre" of skating games and the general demographics that they are aimed at.

I think I'll go watch again soon.

insanelich

Reportable Offender
Sep 3, 2008
I had to rewind just to get half of his jokes, and it appeared to have an enormous amount of venom while not really hating the game.

Or in short, awesome. Best ZP video in a while.

Ange1ofD4rkness

Jan 14, 2009
Let me just say once again a great review. I loved it and it kept me laughing I can't relate to this one, cause I played the tony hawks which make tricks sometimes easier, except if the analog stick is slightly off or the time is really short to mash a whole bunch of buttons in order

xanith02100

Feb 1, 2009
There are actually two separate buttons for your legs? I'm all for having lots of control, but that seems crazy even to me.

I enjoyed some of the old Skater games from the past (like... the first Tony Hawk game on Playstation in the past), but once they hit all "GTA-esque openworld go wherever you want" I sort of lost interest. If psycho controls is the next step from there I'm even more afraid to try and play any of the newest ones now.

goin-mad

Oct 24, 2008
I like that the imp is so much better at Skate than Yahtzee, hilarious.
The name of the song is "Green Grass and High Tides" not hills, and who can't beat that song on expert?
Then again I play bass . . .

CastaliaMoirae

Oct 22, 2008
Well this is a break from his usual style, both in the review and the choice of game (though I guess the choice wasn't his to make). It was good though. I enjoyed the anthropological standpoint. :p Also, did anyone notice how many people were suspended or put on probation earlier in this thread for seemingly normal posts?

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Therumancer said:
Well a few things

For starters I know Left Behind (never played it), I've played Uncharted (decent but unexceptional game, I don't get why Yahtzee calls it white supremist though, other than as a joke), but what is the third one that he said was about child molestation? Some Sailor Moon game? I occasionally miss out on his referances when he trots out a game as part of a joke I don't recognize.
I think, I do not know, that is a game for the DS in japan. The idea is to rub the stylis across some parts of characters bodies. I don't know the purpose, but just the reception it recieved when it came out. I could also be mixing it up with the bullet train groping game.

Arcaite

Jan 8, 2009
reply #7 is now reply #1. poster #8 profits =p

I enjoyed the review, though I felt perhaps that Yahtzee's own (alleged) failure to identify with skate culture got very slightly disproportionate amounts of attention?

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
duck_the_hitman said:
wonderful!
no stupid ad
no annoying samey intro that we've seen/heard a million times
The cat came back, the very next day--.... ;)

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Think the suspensions were mainly for posts like 'woo first' or 'hi' or 'I liked it'. Not really in the spirit of the Escapist, we prefer more than 2 words here, (tho I err in the other direction, rarely being able to make a simple point in under a page).

Was nice to see him take the angle of 'it's all very nice, but it's just not meant for me, I'm sure you'll like it if you're into that sort of thing, but its not for everyone'. Think it was a lil more informative than some can be.

peterrflynn

Jul 16, 2008
Very funny review! Made me chuckle as I've also never understood skating games.

I must admit that I used to skate in real life but only did it a few times before giving up and trying rollerblading (back in the late '80's). Much easier way of getting about (although don't do either now...)

One thing I do remember about skating is trying the Marty McFly foot kick to pick up your skate board. I tried that once and the lovely sandpaper that was on the board sand-papered my hand - oh well...

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Good review as always i laugh afew times. Keep of the good work and i can't skate worth a crap.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
It seems to me that the skate series puts more emphasis on the whole bone breaking set up... even though it doesn't really hinder anything in the long run.

And BTW, what the **** is that game that pops up at every mention of pedos? Looks creepy even from afar...

Jabbawocky

Sep 3, 2008
Why is everyone saying there is no intro, I saw one.

Thanks for the review, due to your masterful examination of this game I have decided not to get it on the basis that I will not understand s***all that it asks me to do.

Zeet

Dec 25, 2008
Hey, if you really want to be Green Grass And High Tides, tap through it with the Rock Band Guitar on the Zig-Zag's in the second solo (green, red, yellow, red, green, red, yellow, red, green, etc etc). Just hit Green Red Yellow, Green Red Yellow, screw that extra green =P Use you're overdrive if anything. Then during the break before the second set of zig-zags there will be a chance to get Overdrive, just tap 'em and use your whammy, if done right you'll get enough energy to be able to go into Overdrive. Then use it again during second set of zig-zags, and after that save up more energy 'cause you'll need it for the triplets... Good luck!

Maku1024

Oct 21, 2008
Woah, I finally beat Green Grass and High Tides for the first time a week ago. Talk about mindfuck. *Cough*ReviewMetalSlug7*Cough*

Danny Smooth

Nov 10, 2005
My main gripe with skate boarding games is the how they handle how the board "sticks" to your feet. Inevitably, I find myself in an empty pool or half pipe and suddenly I'm air-borne without a board. The board, you see, clipped into and is lodged in the no-space beneath the ramp.

When I was younger, I loved games like this and my interest peaked with Jet Set Radio Future. Since then, I haven't really experienced that much joy playing skating games.

ZeroRyoko1974

Jan 7, 2009
Are people getting some kind of award for most times suspended/banned/probation for being the first to comment on a video without actually watching it? I don't quite get why that seems to be a popular past time. Interesting video. The only real reason I play any skateboarding games is for the gruesome bone breaking face plants

Jimmyjames

Jan 4, 2008
Of ALL Yahtzee's reviews, this one quite possibly irritated me the most. Ben goes out of his way to insult everything about skateboarding, then openly admits he doesn't know anything about it while bashing this game.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF REVIEWING A SKATEBOARDING GAME THEN, YAHTZEE?!?

It would be like me reviewing a Rugby game. I don't know anything about the sport, how can I possibly have an accurate or educated opinion of the game.

You COMPLETELY missed everything unique about this game such as: Customizable environments, the ability to get off your board and run to an inaccessible spot, adding "cat and mouse" skate spots in which you have to run from security during an entire session, a significantly easier navigation tool, etc, etc, etc.

Ben, I know you exist solely to entertain 15 year olds that love anything to do with complaining on the internet, but PLEASE at least try to do something professional like RESEARCHING what you're talking about. Agree or not, you are a JOURNALIST. At least try to act like one. (Well try to act like a real one, not one of these tabloid-twats running around these days)

Cockney_Jesus

Feb 18, 2009
I tried the demo (even though I know very little about skating,) I can definitely see that skateboarding fans would love it although I also had trouble with the analogue stick controls, could never do the right trick! =(

sooperspook

Feb 19, 2009
Funny as always although I do have one complaint.

Why did you lump Christians in with white supremacists and child molesters? As an asian father it's rather insulting to have my religion placed in such company.

RogueDarkJedi

Dec 28, 2008
This video was great. Much better than LBP review (I had no feelings for the Thief video). I still think that the GoW 2 review was better than this one, but then again, I haven't played skate 2 (I have played several Tony Hawk games), so all I know is that the controls are extremely difficult. Which brings me to my favorite part, the controls rant. So true, so true.

Ryuzaki said:
A great review, laughed at the over complex controls. I got the intro straight away, wish they would get rid of the pop up ad though and just put it at the end of the video. (Then I wouldn't have to watch it) Looking forward to next weeks video.
Same here. I missed the intro on my first viewing. I am also not happy about the new ad overlay. It's annoying, it has bad music, and it makes me want to stop watching videos. I ended up blocking the ads (by blocking the ad server). Now I see the videos without all those stupid popup ads.

pyromcr said:
this was the first game in a while he absolutaly hated!!!
I felt like he liked this game somewhat. I think he hated the Sonic Unleashed game way more.

goin-mad said:
I like that the imp is so much better at Skate than Yahtzee, hilarious.
I thought that was funny too.

stevetastic

Oct 22, 2008
damn
i didn't laugh once sorry
also you can change the camera angle in the menu and there is a section in the tricks menu which tells you terms of skating and finally why didn't he pick on the most obvious and worst problem with the game the god awful on-foot sections with the worst controlls evar.

Jimmyjames

Jan 4, 2008
stevetastic said:
...why didn't he pick on the most obvious and worst problem with the game the god awful on-foot sections with the worst controlls evar.
In all fairness, probably because it is a skateboarding game, not a "walk around on foot" game. The walking gets a pass because it's meant to be a "walk up the stairs" mechanic. If you're running around everywhere, you're kinda missing the point of the game.

Arionis

Oct 19, 2008
Is anyone else seeing the posts put on probation are comments saying along the lines "Good work" ? o0

polygon

Jan 28, 2009
Damn. And hear I was hoping that horrific abomination of an intro was gone for good.

thefrizzlefry

Feb 20, 2009
I made the mistake of trying to watch it in class.
I was still laughing when the teacher was lecturing me for goofing off during class.

Destroy Gundam

Feb 20, 2009
Reviewing a sports game was an unexpected move. I can honestly say that I never expected this.

That Imp must really spend a lot of time on games like this to get that many points.

Wounded Melody

Jan 19, 2009
sooperspook said:
Funny as always although I do have one complaint.

Why did you lump Christians in with white supremacists and child molesters? As an asian father it's rather insulting to have my religion placed in such company.
I don't think that was his intention at all. He was just pointing out the "themes" of 3 random games...

out0v0rder

Dec 16, 2008
taiki said:

Its funny because arguably the BEST skaters are from America.

Sah_Kuh

Feb 21, 2009
What I don't get is why people whine about be insulted by the comedians THEY WATCH. If you don't like him, don't watch him, and really don't say you got offended by a comedian on his turf. The only reason it's okay for Yahtzee to be so offensive, even to specific groups, is because he doesn't hide the jokes when the joked about come around. If you can't tell a joke in one place, you can't tell it anywhere.

Too bad about those people who got banned, but as usual, a great five minutes of fun.

Captain-Matt

Feb 21, 2009
Random point I know, but that was a Fiat Punto... not a Bravo.

Yeah I'm a car geek but Yahtzee hardly ever mentions cars, so I might as well jump on his wrong words XD

Loved the Dune reference anyway :)

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
This one was pretty good, but in some points it was quite difficult to understand what he was saying (I mean even more difficult than usual). I've never understood the point of skating or games about it either.

M4rsch

Feb 21, 2009
Bad Yahtzee!
Go review some of the games anybody actually cares about. And please review them and don't just dissolve our ears in a bubble of babble next time

'Twas funny though. Even if i missed the intro and it lacked a review.

NOOBSAUCE

Feb 5, 2009
Good to know that theres another skater game on the market to keep them from faceplanting into my car. thx yahtzee

Neimo

Dec 20, 2007
How about changing the forum system so it auto-bans posters during the first so many minutes as set by a moderator. Don't show the posts so there's no satisfaction. However, put the posts into a "review queue" and if they're legitimate posts, unban the posters and the comments post normally.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
M4rsch said:
Bad Yahtzee!
Go review some of the games anybody actually cares about. And please review them and don't just dissolve our ears in a bubble of babble next time

'Twas funny though. Even if i missed the intro and it lacked a review.
The review was "If your a skater/skater fanboy, you'll like it. If not, probably not"

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
jazzar said:
Added venom today? Also no intro.

I like how Yahtzee's getting back into his old comedic ways, I've laughed a lot more at his 4 or 5 more recent reviews. Nice one!
Agreed, that one had me laughing like old times.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
How come whenever people comment, the first people who made the 3-7 comments always get probation or get banned?

Destroy Gundam

Feb 20, 2009
The Amazing Orgazmo said:
How come whenever people comment, the first people who made the 3-7 comments always get probation or get banned?
It's usually because they respond before it was humanly possible for them to have watched the entire video. You'll see comments on a 5-minute long video a minute or two after people can start watching it. And sometimes you'll see the above combined with the usual "1st post!" comments and nothing else.

Just my take on the situation, though.

SSilverB

Jan 21, 2009
Destroy Gundam said:
The Amazing Orgazmo said:
It's usually because they respond before it was humanly possible for them to have watched the entire video. You'll see comments on a 5-minute long video a minute or two after people can start watching it. And sometimes you'll see the above combined with the usual "1st post!" comments and nothing else.

Just my take on the situation, though.
Yeah, the moderators here don't take kindly to that.

Anyway, this is one of the best reviews I have seen in awhile. Good show.

TheECP

Nov 1, 2007
I actually thought this was one of the easiest control schemes in any game I've ever played. It's pretty common sense. Yeah just a few of the specific tricks are a little hard to nail with precise joystick movements, but everything else is spot on.

mad_mick

Jul 19, 2008
skateboarding games are kinda of like having sex with a retarded monkey. fun at first but after a while it becomes very painfull and may cause you to catch aids!! A lovely review, once again my my favriote hat wearing pom. :)

Logicality

Feb 8, 2008
Call me old fashioned, but the only skate game I was ever into was Skate or Die. I can't get into skate boarding at all. This was definitely funny.

willard3

Aug 19, 2008
LesIsMore said:
Not a bad review, but certainly weaker than last week - though part of that is because I'd never play this game for two reasons, 1) it's a skating game and 2) it's on the Playstation 3.
It's...on the 360 as well. Yahtzee just seems to be getting more PS3 versions of console games than 360 versions.

From a person who had no idea what a pop shuvit was when going to play Skate 1, I actually learned quite a bit about skateboarding and the culture that goes along with it. Rob Dyrdek is now one of my favorite celebrities, because he's funny, generous, and he grew up 5 minutes from where I did. (and designed and funded one of the first ever skate plazas in his hometown)

Now I can at least describe to you the basic idea behind tricks and recognize a few skateboarding people if I happen to see highlights on TV (fairly recently Danny Way had a nasty-looking wipeout on a megaramp which was covered on basically every sports segment).

So basically, I kind of agree with Yahtzee on some of his points, but mostly he was an ignorant asshole who saw the game was more difficult to learn than average and didn't feel like reading the DAMN DICTIONARY OF TERMS THE GAME PROVIDES IN THE TRICK LIST. Personally, as a skateboarding noob/wannabe, I found it very enlightening.

willard3

Aug 19, 2008
CruzChaos said:
definitely funny. Will rent this one since I am not that into skating games.
In advance...double post, sry.

Anyway, definitely try it. I wasn't into skating games at all, and my friend talked me into playing Skate 1. I got hooked really fast. It's absolutely nothing like Tony Hawk, where you press one button to jump and another to grind at 50 mph. Tony Hawk fell out of vogue when they progressively made the challenges even more ridiculous (like jumping over the Empire State Building or something). In Skate, doing a kickflip, grinding for a few seconds on the curb, and kickflipping off of it makes you feel like a damned rockstar. It's the simple stuff.

iamthehorde

Mar 2, 2009
i skate and maybe that´s the reason did´nt laugh as much as i normally do watching zp. i am not offended or so, but the truth is that every skating game so far came up with all that "yo, dude, extreme, sick!!!" bullshit, except the old thrasher game on psone(not that much at least...). and although i really like the game i can understand that many people think its too difficult. yeah right, being a skater actually really helps understanding the controls better. the best thing about skate 2(as well as in skate.) is when you have mastered the controls and you cruise around the city and do what you want, but if you are no skateboarder yourself and/or you don´t wanna wait til you learn all the controls properly, chances are you have no interest in something like building spots or exploring the city at all. but personally, i am always bummed about how they always characterize skateboarding in games because all these games make skaters look like retards in general with all that cliché-shit and stupid slang-speech.its just annoying to skaters as well as non-skaters. but who cares, anyway...

iamthehorde

Mar 2, 2009
bartholen said:
This one was pretty good, but in some points it was quite difficult to understand what he was saying (I mean even more difficult than usual). I've never understood the point of skating or games about it either.
that´s like a start for a bad stand-up comedy. "you know bananas? i don´t get these bananas. why do people eat bananas? they are so fucking yellow! and they are curved, too! and they eat it! how crazy is that?!" (followed by little applaus from some people who either didn´t listen because it was so boring but follow the duty of applausing to almost everything you say to them or are so old, senile, stoned, etc. that they are unable to follow anything the guy in front of the brickwall(?) said but give him applause due to good maneurs).

i don´t know why i did that, sorry. i´m just angry because of women.

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
I'm guessing immersion is sometimes a bad thing. Oh well better dust off THPS3 at some point because it is a good skating game where you don't need to press six buttons at the same time just to move and the arcade like objective based gameplay wasn't bad and 1000 pts is not hard to get.

Rational-Delirium

Feb 24, 2009
I downloaded the demo, and found the controls to be a lot more intuitive than, say, Tony Hawk. Here, to grind you have to land on a ledge a certain way by maneuvering it there, instead of just pressing triangle. I kinda liked that better, but this could be a case of not seeing the horrors of the full game here.

MorkFromOrk

Sep 9, 2007
Skate 2 is fun, but I do agree about the learning curve, which has kept the game on the shelf a bit more than I wished. Put enough time into the game and it's quite rewarding but unfortunately during this economic downturn I don't have the free time I use to.

Battle Medic

Sep 3, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
Oh god. Tea tray.

Speaking of which, what in the name of the great space goat was with the child molestation game?

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Battle Medic said:
MaxTheReaper said:
Oh god. Tea tray.

Speaking of which, what in the name of the great space goat was with the child molestation game?
I...er...dunno?
What child molestation game?

Satanhunter

Mar 23, 2010
If you listen to the review with headphones you can hear sirens in the background while he's talking.

cauby

Apr 27, 2010
I was about to say the same thing about the sirens.Never noticed until I used headphones.Funny

morotorno

Jul 28, 2010
great review for a shitty game. haven't tried it, but you don't have to be a skater to know it's shitty.
no sirisly, you don't have to be a skater.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I'm kinda surprised this game didnt get brought up in that court case about the little kids running that old woman down where we decided it was legally possible and able to sue 4 yr olds.

That being siad, I never got the draw of a skater game, but its fun to have a game like this where you could know nothing about skating and still have fun screwing up because its a mini game based on how little you know about skating and how bad you are at it.