Zero Punctuation: Spec Ops: The Line

John Harkey

Aug 3, 2011
Pardon my choice of words, but 'bout time a story line actually draws you in. On my way to picking it up, surprised my cell could even load up the site.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Oh so it's another dull grey brown... wait you kill Americans in this one? SOLD!!
I'm kidding, don't hurt me.

pxk

Jan 1, 2012
Great as always. I haven't fancied this game at all.

My opinion has not changed.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
the jam-pocalypse is what happens after you let our mothers in your house or??

( the end title quip, read it! )

*Ed, left out the jam.. silly me.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMM!!!!
Hurry up, you stupid calendar!!!

Yahtzee, you productive bugger :D

shadowmagus

Feb 2, 2011
When I saw the trailers for this I brushed it off as another dull, brown, middle eastern setting FPS. Now that I hear it has a decently compelling story, I may consider picking it up from the bargain bin or something one day in the far flung future.

nyysjan

Mar 12, 2010
I was expecting that last fart, but it still cracked me up.
The Line Up sounds like an awesome game, that i shall never play (i be broke), although the name makes me think of a police procedural more than a wargame.

carnege4

Feb 11, 2011
So it's a First person Heavy Rain with the part you kill the drug dealer over and over again?

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Yeah, it's great when a game can make you sit back and think, but it can get in the way of the "fun" sometimes. I suppose you just have to decide if what the game is trying to tell you is worth not having too much fun.

I hear a lot of people often say they want their actions to matter more in games. I myself want that too, but it's not always fun to actually care about what you do in a game. Not that I don't want to see more games trying that. I just understand that it probably won't be "fun" all the time.

Also, congratulations on getting another book out there Yahtzee!
Ha. Jam. I think I see what ya did there.

Crazycat690

Aug 31, 2009
Yes! I was hoping he'd like it (or atleast not hate it :p), got it last week and enjoyed it ALOT. The story is really good with good characters, and the game often tries to provoke you in various ways, here's hoping we'll get more games like this instead of the "Mericuh Fukk Yeh!!" shooters developers normally make (EA and Activision being the biggest producers).

Also, Nolan North is doing a good job :)

Mike Richards

Nov 28, 2009
I had a feeling he would like this, glad to see I was right. I've been looking forward to it for a while now and the demo pretty much convinced me. The actual gameplay is pretty unspectacular but it works, and as a means to convey the story it works even better.

Azure Knight-Zeo

Jun 7, 2010
I only played the demo of this and I found it was alright, for a modern coverbased shooter, but but I never considered picking it up untill now that I learned it's sort of the Silent Hill of shooters.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
canadamus_prime said:
Oh so it's another dull grey brown... wait you kill Americans in this one? SOLD!!
I'm kidding, don't hurt me.
HA! I knew you damn maple leafs had it in for us!
It's time we settled this once and for all!
http://www.9wsyr.com/media/lib/17/1/0/a/10a3a245-4515-4580-a805-a8a4eb8e5bea/Story.jpg
Oh that calls for epic theme music.

Emergent System

Feb 27, 2010
Thought t his was one of the funnier and more entertaining Zero Punctuations in a while. Game was okay too, I guess. After stuffing Morte back into the pillar of skulls in PS:T I've been dead inside, so I didn't really feel bad killing those NPCs.

Dahaka27

Apr 20, 2009
I was all for getting a copy of this game on steam but now I'm not sure if I will want to be subjected to a depressing story.